Ad-Block Latitude button will not display

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

29 Skidoo

Ad-Block Latitude button will not display

Unread post by 29 Skidoo » 2017-03-23, 23:59

The Ad-Block Latitude button is no longer displaying for me.

I am using Pale Moon 27.2.0 (64). I have not changed any extensions since the last time I (successfully) had the button displayed. For reference, my list of extensions is posted in this thread.

I've tried checking the boxes for displaying in the Status Bar (my preferred location) and the toolbar (which I believe was already checked), to no avail.

This may or may not be related to my having invoked the "Reset All Preferences" button in "Advanced options..." (as described in the above referenced thread) -- I've noticed that other extensions have needed tweaking to restore them to their condition before I reset m preferences -- but regardless, I should be able get the button to display.

I don't know if this is significant, but the Options page for ABL does not have an "OK," "Update," "Apply," or similar button. I don't know if one is supposed to be present, or if changes are automatically applied. I've tried closing the page, switching to another tab, and so forth, none of which had any effect.

Any/all suggestions/advice welcome!

29 Skidoo

Re: Ad-Block Latitude button will not display

Unread post by 29 Skidoo » 2017-03-24, 01:30

I uninstalled/reinstalled, and (so far, at least), all seems to be well. But, FWIW, I went back into the Options page, and noticed a nontrivial change: there are no longer checkboxes for displaying the button on the Tool bar and the Status bar. There is just a single checkbox for "Show button" which is unchecked. This is confusing.

But, as long as I have the red ABL "badge" at the lower-right corner of my Status bar (just to the left of the NoScript icon), I'm happy. Well, at my age, I can't really say I'm "happy" per se, so let's just say I'm "satisfied" :)

Scribe
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Scribe » 2017-05-03, 16:22

Just an FYI really: I too just noticed that the ABL button was missing from the Status Bar - not entirely sure when it disappeared because ABL was still working. I then discovered that it hadn't updated since v3.0.3.1, so I first tried clicking the add-ons page gear wheel > Check for Updates - which did nothing. I then removed it and installed 4.0.1 which has brought the button back.:) ABL's Options > Automatic Updates were set to Default, and the add-ons page gear wheel was on Update Add-ons Automatically, so it would seem that it doesn't update without manual intervention.(I'm on PM 27.3 and have seen the same thing on two machines - Win7 and Win10).

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-05-09, 05:47

ABL 3.0.x used a different GUID than ABL 3.5 and now 4.x.. We ran into some trouble that I am still searching for a solution to to allow special case cross GUID extension updates. Outdated Mozilla Documentation indicated this would not be a problem but... it is.

There are some more minor enhancements coming to Project Phoebus and this is likely going to be apart of it. Will keep you updated..

IN THE MEANTIME if anyone is using ABL lower than 4.0 then please remove ABL and install the latest version. If you are using ABL 3.5 specifically then you may want ABPrime in that instance.