My Add Ons

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Sarris

My Add Ons

Unread post by Sarris » 2012-10-08, 13:00

I'm not experiencing any problems and my rig runs great, But I'm running (and using) a lot of add ons, and I was wondering if anyone sees any redundancy, conflicting add ons, or something that shouldn't be.

My rig is a Gateway DX4860 w/ I5 Sandy Bridge & 8 GB ram running W7 Pro x64 SP-1

I'm running the add ons listed below. As well as about 30 or so scripts.

Application: Pale Moon 15.2-x64 (20121005222158)
Operating System: WINNT (x86_64-msvc)

Total number of items: 43

- 2 Pane Bookmarks 0.6.2011011701
- Adblock Plus 2.1.2
- Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon 0.4
- Add-ons Manager Dialog Returns 1.2.1
- AddMoreTextToClipboard 2.1.0
- checkCompatibility 1.3
- CheckPlaces 2.6.2
- Copy As Plain Text 1.0.6
- customize_titlebar_v2 0.7
- CuteButtons - Crystal SVG 0.3.3
- Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus 1.2.3
- Extension List Dumper 1.15.2
- Flagfox 4.2.1
- Flashblock 1.5.15.1
- Garmin Communicator 4.0.3
- Gmelius, Towards a Better Gmail™ 5.6
- Google Disconnect 2.4.2
- Google Maps Button 1.0.3.1275438180
- Hide Menubar 6.0.20110915
- Menu Editor 1.2.7
- Multiple Addon Deactivator 1.6
- NoScript 2.5.6
- NoSquint 2.1.6
- Open In RegEdit 0.1.2.4 (Incompatible)
- OpenDownload² 3.2.2
- Organize Status Bar 0.6.5
- Page Zoom Buttons 1.1.5
- Paste Email Plus 3.3
- PlacesCleaner 0.41
- Print / Print Preview (Update) 0.7.7
- RightToClick 2.8.9
- Scriptish 0.1.8
- Search Site 2.1
- Sidebar Bookmark Selector 2.3
- Silvermel and Charamel XT 1.5.4
- Statusbar Date() 1.5.3
- Stylish 1.3
- Tab Mix Plus 0.4.0.3
- Titlebar Text 1.4
- Toolbar Buttons 1.0
- TubeStop 4
- Verify Redirect 1.1.0 (Incompatible)
- You Tube Toolbar Button 1.0.3.1289253145

dark_moon

Re: My Add Ons

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-10-08, 13:51

Do you get popups?

You use NoScript, so i don't think.
So is Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon useless and Flashblock too, cause NoScript blocks Flash.

Dont know the other addons. To check which addons are useless and which not, is your part. Its your browser

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2012-10-08, 15:04

Sarris: Since you already have Stylish 1.3 installed why not try Stylish "Bring the Title Back" (http://userstyles.org/styles/41025/fire ... title-back) so you could then dispense with "Titlebar Text 1.4" Add-on unless it is doing something special for you?

(NOTE: If you prefer the left-aligned version of "Bring the Title Back" you need to make one very easy adjustment to the Stylish script to account for the slightly wider Pale Moon Menu Button - see "Modify Stylish 'Bring the Title Back' for Pale Moon" topic: http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1104)

I have never tried Open In RegEdit 0.1.2.4 but I see you mark it as incompatible. Latest comment on Open In RegEdit Firefox Add-on page (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-regedit/) is rather cheeky bit of self promotion by author of Open RegEdit Key 0.2.0 Add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... gedit-key/ suggesting his new alternative? :)

Sarris

Unread post by Sarris » 2012-10-08, 18:06

Titlebar Text dispenses with the orange button. Open in Regedit works fine even though marked incompatible (but allowed to run via checkCompatibility 1.3), and the 2.0 version has some registry opening problems as noted in the comments.

Thanks for the input. What y'all are saying is there aren't any glaring issues.

Solved.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2012-10-08, 22:21

Sarris wrote:What y'all are saying is there aren't any glaring issues.
Actually I'm not saying that - and I'm pretty sure dark_moon isn't either! ;) IMHO there is one glaring issue....

Personally I prefer to keep things simple - the KISS principle. So if it were my choice I'd junk about half that list and then have a serious think about what I really needed/used from the 20+ left standing. I'm happy to admit I'm biased - I think 10 Add-ons is a lot and I disable those I only use occasionally/for specific tasks.... without needing Multiple Addon Deactivator 1.6 to help or (having read some of the comments/reviews) hinder me. :problem:

Luckily it's a free world, you've got a powerful machine with plenty of RAM to play with, so I doubt the "pile 'em high" approach to Add-ons affects Pale Moon's performance much, if at all.... and as dark_moon put it earlier....
dark_moon wrote:Dont know the other addons. To check which addons are useless and which not, is your part. Its your browser
Anyhow I enjoyed discovering many new and strange Add-ons! :thumbup:
....but as I suspect you may have already guessed.... I shan't be adding any more Add-ons.... Solved! :)

aorbiter

Unread post by aorbiter » 2012-10-12, 03:31

"So is Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon useless and Flashblock too, cause NoScript blocks Flash."

So, I disabled Flashblock (useless?). Later, when I visited sites and pages, "elements" were playing when they had not previously. After re-enabling flashblock, the same "elements" remained quiet. Not so useless.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-10-12, 06:46

Then you allow all Scripts with NoScripts. I have no other flash elements, cause i don't allow every site in NoScript.

But again: This is your browser and not our. Use the addons you wan't

Thrawn

Unread post by Thrawn » 2013-01-04, 11:40

aorbiter wrote:So, I disabled Flashblock (useless?). Later, when I visited sites and pages, "elements" were playing when they had not previously. After re-enabling flashblock, the same "elements" remained quiet. Not so useless.
What you want is NoScript Options-Embeddings-'Apply these restrictions to whitelisted sites too'. Then Flash (and Silverlight, Java, etc) will be blocked on all sites. By default, plugins are only blocked on sites that you haven't trusted yet.

NoScript is actually a better Flash blocker than FlashBlock is, because FlashBlock isn't primarily designed as a security tool, so there are ways to work around it: http://hackademix.net/2008/06/08/block-rick/

Apollo702

Unread post by Apollo702 » 2013-01-04, 12:57

Google Disconnect can be eliminated by NoScript and Request Policy- as they will disconnect you from Google, Facebook, Twitter... Then you can manage cookies with your favorite cookie manager. I recommend Cookie Whitelist With Buttons.