Page 1 of 1

JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-13, 00:39
by tmtisfree
Hi,

A working version of the good old JSView, a simple but powerful JS/CSS viewer for developers, revived for Pale Moon v27.1 (not tested on anything else).

Cheers,
TMTisFree

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-13, 00:48
by Moonchild
(GPL v2.0 licensed.) If this works, you should get it included on the Pale Moon add-ons site and offer maintenance for it.

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-13, 02:52
by New Tobin Paradigm
Ensure the ID and branding has been changed to avoid technical and rights issues and follow: http://developer.palemoon.org/Add-ons:Site

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-13, 10:27
by tmtisfree
Matt A Tobin wrote:Ensure the ID and branding has been changed to avoid technical and rights issues and follow: http://developer.palemoon.org/Add-ons:Site
Thank you for the guidance.
Here is an updated version with your suggestion (new ID and name for inclusion in the Pale Moon add-ons repository:

Add-on Name: JSView Revive
64x64 alpha transparent PNG icon:
jsview-revive.png
jsview-revive.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Author Name: Ron Beckman (Pale Moon - TMTisFree)
Slug Name: jsview-revive
Short Description: View the source code of external js and css files
Long Description: View the source code of external js and css files. Version adapted to work with Pale Moon v27 with cosmetic changes.
Initial XPI:
jsview-revive-2.1.4-pm_v27.xpi
(122.9 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
FTP User name: TMTisFree

Changelog for JSView post version 2.1.1 (TMTisFree)

JSView 2.1.2 (20151012):
+ Reverted back to GECKO < 27
+ Pale Moon support
+ Enhanced interface
JSView 2.1.3 (20170212):
+ Reverted back (once more) to GECKO > 27
+ Pale Moon 27 support
+ Enhanced Fr translation
JSView Revive 2.1.4 (20170213):
+ renamed as JSView Revive per Pale Moon support team request
+ changed ID for inclusion in Pale Moon add-on repository
+ cosmetic changes (some window titles not set; size columns in info window right-justified)
+ replaced the broken Mozilla add-on page URL with a link to the Pale Moon forum (will be changed to the Pale Moon repository link once added in)
+ Enhanced Fr translation

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-13, 17:49
by New Tobin Paradigm
you need to send it to one of the add-ons team via private message not a post..

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-13, 20:41
by Lootyhoof
This should be fine for inclusion, however there is one small issue...

In install.rdf you have minVersion as 26.9. As this add-on is made for 27.1.0 and above, you should change the minVersion to reflect that.

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-14, 08:07
by tmtisfree
Lootyhoof wrote:This should be fine for inclusion, however there is one small issue...

In install.rdf you have minVersion as 26.9. As this add-on is made for 27.1.0 and above, you should change the minVersion to reflect that.
I have tested it on 27.0 and it works fine. The problem is Pale Moon refuses to install it on 27.* it I set the minVersion at 27.0.

As chance that there will ever be a Pale Moon 26.9 is near zero, I assume it is safe.

To be extra-safe, I have changed it to 26.99 in the next iteration. See below.

JSView Revive 2.1.5 (20170214):
+ updated the install minVersion to 26.99 to be extra safe
+ added missing product label and tooltip in toolbarpalette
+ remove the unused FF overlay file (and reference in chrome.manifest)
+ added reference to Pale Moon forum topic in install.rdf (homepageURL)

Cheers,
TMTisFree

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-14, 08:10
by tmtisfree
Matt A Tobin wrote:you need to send it to one of the add-ons team via private message not a post..
Sorry, I though 'PM' was mean to be Pale Moon, not private message...

Thanks,
TMTisFree

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-14, 13:07
by GreenGeek
But I think LootyHoof was making the point that it needs the ".1.0" release to work. So, setting it to 27.0.9 (or 99 if you pefer) would prevent it from being installed on 27.0.3 and earlier.

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-14, 13:12
by tmtisfree
GreenGeek wrote:But I think LootyHoof was making the point that it needs the ".1.0" release to work. So, setting it to 27.0.9 (or 99 if you pefer) would prevent it from being installed on 27.0.3 and earlier.
I quote myself:
I have tested it on 27.0 and it works fine. The problem is Pale Moon refuses to install it on 27.* it I set the minVersion at 27.0.

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-14, 18:48
by New Tobin Paradigm
Set it to 27.0.0 then

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-14, 21:42
by tmtisfree
Matt A Tobin wrote:Set it to 27.0.0 then
This works, thank you!

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-02-14, 22:11
by tmtisfree
JSView is now located on the Pale Moon Add-ons Site:

https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/jsview-revive/

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-03-02, 05:29
by oTPS0
tmtisfree wrote:Hi,

A working version of the good old JSView, a simple but powerful JS/CSS viewer for developers, revived for Pale Moon v27.1 (not tested on anything else).

Cheers,
TMTisFree
Thanks very much! :clap: :thumbup:

Do you have the source online anyplace? Else, you're welcome to contribute to/fork from https://github.com/rejuvenate/JSView, so more folks can help/benefit! :think:

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-03-02, 15:13
by karlkracher
Great, thank you.

I selected the exe file of an external editor (i.e. C:\Program Files\KEDITW\KEDITW32.exe) but it only says "editor not found, please check the path" and than opens the file in a pale moon window.

The browser console says:

[Exception... "Not enough arguments [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI]" nsresult: "0x80570001 (NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://jsview/content/jsviewExternal.js :: jsviewExternal.openInExternalEditor :: line 96" data: no] jsviewExternal.js:111:0

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-03-02, 16:19
by GMforker
karlkracher wrote:[Exception... "Not enough arguments [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI]" nsresult: "0x80570001 (NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://jsview/content/jsviewExternal.js :: jsviewExternal.openInExternalEditor :: line 96" data: no] jsviewExternal.js:111:0

Code: Select all

webBrowserPersist.saveURI(uri, null, null, null, null, file, null);
vs.

Code: Select all

webBrowserPersist.saveURI(uri, null, null, Components.interfaces.nsIHttpChannel.REFERRER_POLICY_NO_REFERRER_WHEN_DOWNGRADE, null, null, file, null);
See also bug #704320

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-03-02, 16:25
by tmtisfree
GMforker wrote:
karlkracher wrote:[Exception... "Not enough arguments [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI]" nsresult: "0x80570001 (NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://jsview/content/jsviewExternal.js :: jsviewExternal.openInExternalEditor :: line 96" data: no] jsviewExternal.js:111:0

Code: Select all

webBrowserPersist.saveURI(uri, null, null, null, null, file, null);
vs.

Code: Select all

webBrowserPersist.saveURI(uri, null, null, Components.interfaces.nsIHttpChannel.REFERRER_POLICY_DEFAULT, null, null, file, null);
See also bug #704320
I have already corrected it, but thanks anyway.

Please be patient as I upload the new version to the Pale Moon repository.

Regards,
TMTisFree

Re: JSView 2.1.3 PM v27.1

Posted: 2017-03-02, 16:45
by tmtisfree
It should be online now, thanks for the report.

JSView Revive 2.1.7 (20170303):
+ corrected a change in nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI() (aReferrerPolicy) introduced in FF36 preventing loading external editor
+ removed a console error about contributors
+ cosmetic changes (size columns in page info window right-justified)