Complete YouTube Saver

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Complete YouTube Saver

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-11, 20:39

Davesnothere wrote:Has anyone tried CYS on other video sites than YouTube, and did it work to capture any MP4s ?
They'd need a lot more pledges for that, doesn't look like it's going to happen. Check Goals on the left, the extension is barely above the minimum.

Davesnothere

Unread post by Davesnothere » 2017-03-11, 20:49

Davesnothere wrote:I am wondering whether there was other code than the GUID which was different, when going from 5.7.34.0 for FF/SM to 5.7.34.1 for Pale Moon.

Curiosity will likely make me open each up and inspect all of the internal files for different sizes and datestamps, on which I will report what I find.
I just checked, and yes, there ARE significant differences in the internal files between these 2 versions, particularly files in the chrome/content folder.

Since the 5.7.34.0 FF/SM version seems to be working with all of my PM and SM browsers, I plan to stay with that for now. ;)

Davesnothere

Unread post by Davesnothere » 2017-03-11, 20:52

back2themoon wrote:
Davesnothere wrote:Has anyone tried CYS on other video sites than YouTube, and did it work to capture any MP4s ?
They'd need a lot more pledges for that, doesn't look like it's going to happen. Check Goals on the left, the extension is barely above the minimum.
Understood, but I was just throwing the question out, in case anyone had tried and knew anything.

I'll be checking this myself soon anyway.

BTW, if CYS keeps working as well for YT as the version which am using now seems to be, I might just scrape something together for them.

Greywool
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Greywool » 2017-03-11, 20:55

After I installed CYS 5.7.34.1, I've not had a problems with the button disappearing on me. Rather that it shows up for every page, despite "Always Show Toolbar Icon" being unchecked. It's not there for a while when I start the browser or set it to not show in the extension option box. But after I visit a youtube page, it's there no matter what page I'm on.

PM 27.1.2 x64, Win7, Noia Moon theme, toolbar icon is placed next to Prev/next/home/refresh etc buttons.

chaocrator

Unread post by chaocrator » 2017-04-05, 11:06

installed it on palemoon 27.2.1 / ubuntu 16.04 (64 bit).
it works, and downloaded vids are OK, but it does not detect installed ffmpeg (neither 2.8 from official ubuntu repos, nor newer 3.2 from PPA).
i guess, due to this many format options are marked as unavailable.
does anybody know is it fixable?

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2017-04-05, 12:15

If I recall correctly, you have to set the location of FFmpeg manually; CYS does not find it automatically. You can do this in the CYS options, in the "FFmpeg" tab. Make sure that FFmpeg is enabled, and set "/usr/bin" as its location.

If that directory does not work for you, open a console and enter "whereis ffmpeg". That should tell you the correct directory.

chaocrator

Unread post by chaocrator » 2017-04-06, 09:11

thank you, it worked for me.

Robin_WH
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Robin_WH » 2017-05-31, 18:20

Have same zero file size problem with bon jovi - its my life or linking park (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCD5XCu6CM) and about dozen other videos. I can try to save either whole video or just audio file, both with same 0 size result.
With some other videos saving works fine (Of monsters and men - Dirty paws lyrics video).
I am using Palemoon 2.7.3.0 x64 and version of addon 5.7.36.1

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2017-05-31, 20:10

Your link downloads fine for me. (Same browser & addon versions as yours; on Manjaro Linux)

Is this an ongoing issue, or did it start happening only recently? It might just be a temporary thing that sorts itself out after a while. I had the same issue a few weeks ago, but everything worked fine when I tried again the next day.

_Poke_

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2017-06-01, 01:03

Sometimes I can fix this issue by restarting the browser. Still not ideal, but give it a try.

LigH1L
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by LigH1L » 2017-08-04, 21:55

CYS is being overhauled. There will be no more fixes until a new version is done.

Just now, I believe that YouTube may have subtly changed their access again. At least to some formats.
Fun and success!

_Poke_

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2017-08-05, 01:36

I've been using this again recently (not today) and it's behaved pretty strangely, but still worked. In-browser the webm will fail to download and the audio succeeds... But if you just wait a while, the webm is actually downloading, and when it finishes it'll combine the files as normal.