Flash Video Downloader - PLEASE!!!

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

nimanima
Fanatic
Fanatic

Flash Video Downloader - PLEASE!!!

Unread post by nimanima » 2017-01-16, 21:47

Okay, can you please FINALLY do something about the only ever working video downloading extension Flash Video Downloader? There might be several add-ons that let you download videos from YouTube, but this one is the only one that ever worked on Facebook, YouTube and most Radio and TV stations. It still works in many cases in combination Pale Moon 26 and FLD 13.2.1, but no version, neither 9 nor 11 nor 13 works on PM 27. Version 15 cannot even be installed for testing, since it says it's jetpack (it never has been, so I don't see how it should suddenly be jetpack), but I am really fed up that after each update I have to go through all ever written versions of that add-on to find one maybe able to do what I need. And since indeed I am downloading most videos from Facebook I need some reliable tool there. I am testing Pale Moon 27 in the portable version until I can be sure that my add-ons work again, while having a working version of Pale Moon 26 with all add-ons installed for not being totally browserless (Internet Explorer is no real alternative as a fully functioning browser, nor is my really old Firefox version). But I would prefer to be sooner or later up-to-date again, at least quite.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Flash Video Downloader - PLEASE!!!

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-01-17, 09:08

What do you expect the Pale Moon Project or Add-ons Team to do exactly?

Andrew Gilbertson

Unread post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2017-01-20, 15:45

nimanima wrote:Okay, can you please FINALLY do something about the only ever working video downloading extension Flash Video Downloader?
Short answer: No, because compatibility of an extension with the browser is the extension developer's job.

Longer answer, with explanation: We won't, because it's not our job.

Extension developers write extensions against the API provided by the browser. If you want an extension which is not currently not compatible with Pale Moon to become compatible with Pale Moon, the thing to do is to contact the developer of the EXTENSION and ask them to support Pale Moon.

We know that this is frustrating, and extension developers are sometimes unwilling to support an additional browser, but there are literally thousands of Firefox extensions which MAY be compatible with Pale Moon, but it is impossible for the small team that maintains Pale Moon to know every API call that Firefox provides to extensions and which extensions use them...THAT is why you should be contacting the extension developer rather than the Pale Moon team. Moonchild and others here are generally willing to work with extension developers that are willing to reach out first; so encourage them to do so.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-01-23, 18:33

OXO123

Unread post by OXO123 » 2017-01-24, 17:39

For videos in general I've always used these two extensions: FlashGot + DownThemAll (configure FlashGot to use DTA Turbo as the default downloader to speed the things up).

For YouTube specifically my choice is by far this little great app: 3D YouTube Downloader v1.10.0.0 (newer version seems to be buggy as today). Use it in advanced mode and it will give you tons of options. https://yd.3dyd.com/download/prev/

BTW, I'm Palemoon 25.3 AtomXP (Portable)

rony albert

Unread post by rony albert » 2017-04-08, 04:58

Link is not opening in my browser. I am using portable version of firefox. Please help me what i need to do?

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2017-04-08, 05:04

rony albert wrote:Link is not opening in my browser. I am using portable version of firefox. Please help me what i need to do?
Make sure that your AV or fiewall is not blocking Pale Moon Portable. For You Tube, remember that for best results your host computer must have some codec video pack. I recommend the CCCP pack: http://www.cccp-project.net/ or K-lite codec pack http://filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/tech/