If you have doubled text in the address bar...

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

If you have doubled text in the address bar...

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-05, 13:19

To (help, at least...) prevent providing the same help in different places, let's bring what we can together, shall we? :)

I'm an end-user and there isn't a Pale Moon compatible version of my theme
First, as the above hints at, make sure your theme doesn't already have a version compatible with Pale Moon. You can find compatible versions here:

http://addons.palemoon.org/themes/

If it's not there, don't panic! You can still install the following extension to solve the issue, as well as many other theme-related issues:

https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/theme-shim/

I'm a theme developer and would like to fix this for Pale Moon
To fix this as is simple as extracting the /browser/statusbar/ folder from the default theme and pasting it into your own. Feel free to contact me if you need any help with this.

If you're looking to fix other Pale Moon changes too then I would advise looking at the relevant documentation. Again, please feel free to get in touch if necessary.

raysworld

Re: If you have doubled text in the address bar...

Unread post by raysworld » 2016-12-06, 17:59

After reading your fix for the "double text in address bar" I checked if had a old theme running and guess what, sure enough "Moonfox3" was sitting quietly in the background.
I had completely forgotten installing this theme( I have been using it for ever) sometime in the past. Anyway after removing my issue was solved.

Thank you very much for the fix, its somewhat ironic that the theme is one of your own.

Moonfox3 By: Lootyhoof.

Anyway problem sorted and very easy to do.

Cheers,
Ray. :D :D :D

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-06, 18:22

Made this a sticky. because it should be ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-06, 18:32

raysworld wrote:After reading your fix for the "double text in address bar" I checked if had a old theme running and guess what, sure enough "Moonfox3" was sitting quietly in the background.
I had completely forgotten installing this theme( I have been using it for ever) sometime in the past. Anyway after removing my issue was solved.

Thank you very much for the fix, its somewhat ironic that the theme is one of your own.

Moonfox3 By: Lootyhoof.

Anyway problem sorted and very easy to do.

Cheers,
Ray. :D :D :D
Sorry to sound rude but...have you tried updating it lately? That theme has been fixed for months.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2016-12-08, 15:06

big love to you and mr. wost

Tecktron

Unread post by Tecktron » 2016-12-13, 14:01

I just came across this issue with PM 27.0.2 using the Aeon 6 Theme and I want o give share my (in)experience inn making using this fix (it works!)

Step 1, stop freaking out, please refer back to this step as needed.
Step 2, download and install Stylish.
Step 3, restart PM. This will change you to the default theme, it will also tell you that your old theme is incompatible. Refer to step 1
Step 4, Go to the Add-ons Manager and the appearance tab. Right click on your now incompatible theme and choose "Find updates" I found it magically becomes compatible (update or not).
Step 5, Enable and restart PM, your theme will be back, and your address bar messed up again, but you now have stylish installed, Refer to step 1
Step 6, Go to the Add-ons Manager and you should see the 'User Styles" tab. Add a new one
Step 7, Insert this code:

Code: Select all

#urlbar .urlbar-over-link-layer {
  opacity: 0;
}
Call is something like "URL double text fix" for your own sanity later.
Step 8: Save
Step 9: There is not step 9, you're all done!

Thanks to those who found the solve for this issue.
I hope these steps help someone else out as it was not very obvious at first when my these became incompatible.

Mom-Kat
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Mom-Kat » 2016-12-16, 05:01

A thousand blessings on you!! I have been using an old theme forever, and just recently had to abandon it, much to my sadness, because of this issue. I am pleased to report that my ancient FF theme of 'Red cats (blue flavor)' works better than ever!! Something fixed the long standing issue with the small icons not working properly as well. I am so pleased my kitties are back.

JustOff
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-11, 18:56

Lootyhoof wrote:I'm an end-user and there isn't a Pale Moon compatible version of my theme
Moon Tester Tool since version 1.0.4 corrects the doubled text in theme package automatically when installing it. You can update first post if you wish.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-02-12, 00:43

Thanks! Though I can't update the first post now...