Plug-In for Sticky Password

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Ponder

Plug-In for Sticky Password

Unread post by Ponder » 2012-08-27, 14:58

Hi ...I am new here...just found Pale moon....I like the GUI and Speed.....and thought that the plugins for firefox would work with Pale moon, but may be mistaken.....

Cant get Sticky Password to work, and have not found a plug in forl it.....Anybody have any luck with Sticky Password?

Also, after trying Pale moon for a while, I migrated profiles from Firefox to Pale Moon...in hopes of getting the sticky Password plugin into Pale moon....no luck on that...but could see an immediate speed reduction after profiles were migrated....

Any help would sure be appreciated.....Pale Moon looks like a nice clean speed choice...

thanks..Ponder

steviem1

Re: Plug-In for Sticky Password

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-08-28, 13:00

Fortunately, the vast majority of extensions designed to work with Firefox will work in Pale Moon due to the browser similarities, but there are a few that won't, or only work partially, perhaps you could contact the developer for 'Sticky Password' who might be able to help, or maybe someone on this forum might be familiar with it and be able offer some insights.
Failing that, perhaps there is an alternative that might be worth trying that meets your requirements.

Ponder

Unread post by Ponder » 2012-08-28, 13:20

Hi Steviem1

Thanks for your insight.....and yes I have started looking for an alternative to Sticky Password as some are more widly accepted....Just a question of features etc....thanks again......

Ponder

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2012-08-28, 15:41

Not sure if this is old news to you? Out of curiosity I put "Pale Moon" into Sticky Password Forum search box and the resulting 10 matches confirm Pale Moon is not currently supported :thumbdown: However to my surprise the developers are promising Pale Moon integration :thumbup: at: http://www.stickypassword.com/forum/vie ... 91ae#p7628
We have the Pale moon browser support in our future plans.
..... but sadly that was 18 months ago!..... Might be worth a post/email politely reminding them of their promise? Also ask if they have an interim solution - if they are a really "user friendly" support team they might help you out?