FlashGot 1.5.6.13

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Freezing Moon

Re: FlashGot 1.5.6.13

Unread post by Freezing Moon » 2016-11-26, 10:57

DoctorM wrote:
Freezing Moon wrote:
DoctorM wrote:PM v27 breaks Flashgot completely. Neither official nor PM custom version are functional.

Anyone know what got changed now before I roll back to PM 26?
No problems here. I just downloaded videos from Vimeo and YouTube (FlashGot + DownThemAll!) .
I'm using the latest official FlashGot version.
Are you sending the video to an external downloader? Flashgot is broken with PM's internal downloader. I can make it work in conjunction with jdownloader2, but frankly it was easier to switch to Video Downloader Professional.

Still, I'd like to know why Flashgot can generate a link that an external download manager can handle but not PM's internal one. Sounds like there is something wonky with PM this time.
You are right, it doesn't work with built-in download manager. I don't know how to classify DownThemAll! . DTA is a download manager/extension for Firefox.

Version 2.0.18.1 is working fine with Pale Moon 27.

DoctorM
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: FlashGot 1.5.6.13

Unread post by DoctorM » 2016-11-27, 20:33

Freezing Moon wrote:
DoctorM wrote:
Freezing Moon wrote:
DoctorM wrote:PM v27 breaks Flashgot completely. Neither official nor PM custom version are functional.

Anyone know what got changed now before I roll back to PM 26?
No problems here. I just downloaded videos from Vimeo and YouTube (FlashGot + DownThemAll!) .
I'm using the latest official FlashGot version.
Are you sending the video to an external downloader? Flashgot is broken with PM's internal downloader. I can make it work in conjunction with jdownloader2, but frankly it was easier to switch to Video Downloader Professional.

Still, I'd like to know why Flashgot can generate a link that an external download manager can handle but not PM's internal one. Sounds like there is something wonky with PM this time.
You are right, it doesn't work with built-in download manager. I don't know how to classify DownThemAll! . DTA is a download manager/extension for Firefox.

Version 2.0.18.1 is working fine with Pale Moon 27.
Tried with DownTheAll with mixed results. All YouTube vids I tried failed immediately. If I retried webm versions I could usually get a successful DL, but not MP4.
Definitely something weird has changed, don't know what. Until someone with better knowledge or a PM person tells us, we probably won't know.