MozArchiver

Dedicated board for extension releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are an extension author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

MozArchiver

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-02-03, 21:32

Given that the Mozilla Archive Format extension no longer works on Pale Moon 26, and beta versions appear to be targeting post-Australis Firefox anyway, I've decided to fork MAF, under the new name of MozArchiver! :)

With this extension, you can save and read MAFF and MHT archives. Save an entire page, with everything included, for perfect offline reading, as well as perfect archival of web pages you might not want to lose.

You can find it on the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site. The source code is also available on GitHub.
Last edited by Lootyhoof on 2018-06-29, 22:37, edited 2 times in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: MozArchiver

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-02-03, 22:12

Thanks so much Lootyhoof! Installed and working fine. :clap:

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-02-03, 22:37

Hi Lootyhoof,
I tried with editing some of the original MAFF xpis before, as suggested in the other thread, but PM 26.0.0 / Win32 always crashed on opening a maff file.
Just installed PM 26.0.2 and found this very welcome new fork :) . PM isn't crashing anymore, but if I open a maff file now nothing happens.

In the error console I get this:
Timestamp: 03.02.2016 23:28:30
Error: [Exception... "Web archive cache cleared during load" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://mza/content/loading/ArchiveLoader.js :: ArchiveLoader.getContentUri :: line 132" data: no]
Source File: chrome://mza/content/loading/ArchiveLoader.js
Line: 132
Any idea what I can do?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-02-03, 22:42

Hmm, can't confirm. Just tried saving a .maff file in MAF (on Pale Moon 25) and opening in MozArchiver and it loads fine (as does saving in MozArchiver and loading in it too). Does this happen with any .maff file or just a particular one?

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-02-03, 22:49

I tried to open 3 or 4 different maffs, nothing seems to load.
(In PM 25.x I've seen no probs with the extension)
It's no big drama, as I still have the remains of FF31 on disk, which works as maff-viewer now :D

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-02-03, 22:53

Tried about 10 files I had saved from earlier versions, all loaded fine.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-02-03, 22:58

Hm, can there be anything borked by the experimental edited xpis I installed before?
I removed them of course, before installing MozArchiver.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-02-03, 23:05

Try on a clean profile (or even the portable version of PM) to see if they load there.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-02-03, 23:19

It works on my portable PM 26.0.0. Great!

Alright, I'll do some search on what's wrong with my main PM.

Thx so far

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-02-04, 01:44

As an intermediate step to try.. Find the preferences it used and reset them in about:config.. JUST BE CAREFUL!

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-02-04, 21:06

Thx mattatobin, and Lootyhoof - it works!
I first tried resetting single maf leftovers from the edited MAFF add-on in about:config, - can be, I blew it even more with dozen times removing/re-installing wrong edited versions -, then went to mza extensions, comparing main and portable configs, but with no real clue what I'm doing :wtf:
After a more experimental full reset in PM Troubleshooting I soon found myself twiddling with rather unknown things, so I choose to uninstall and remove everything old and shizzled. - My profiles reached back to FF stone age anyways and I already had considered starting from scratch before PM 26.
Fresh installation, add-ons and importing personal files took me not soo long and I have a clean brandnew Pale Moon 26 now. Everything's fine again. 8-)
- greets

antaens

Unread post by antaens » 2016-02-05, 06:57

Thank you, it works well for MAFF but it doesn't open MHT. At least it doesn't crash PM but the tab it opens is blank.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-02-05, 08:17

Tried 3-4 old .mht files I had and one I created now with IE 11 - they all opened fine.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-02-06, 13:36

Actually I haven't used MHT for a long time, but a save & open-test in PM worked well, also for MHT saved in old FF.

@antaens
If it's not about too many MHT files, can you open them in Menu> Tools> MozArchiver> Browse Open Archives?
I also tested the MozArchiver Conversion from MHT to MAFF with good results.
If MAFF files open and you had only a few MHTs, maybe conversion could be a temporary workaround.

antaens

Unread post by antaens » 2016-02-07, 07:12

loxodont wrote:Actually I haven't used MHT for a long time, but a save & open-test in PM worked well, also for MHT saved in old FF.

@antaens
If it's not about too many MHT files, can you open them in Menu> Tools> MozArchiver> Browse Open Archives?
I also tested the MozArchiver Conversion from MHT to MAFF with good results.
If MAFF files open and you had only a few MHTs, maybe conversion could be a temporary workaround.
Thanks for the suggestion loxodont! Thing is I actually have most things as MHTs so this isn't workable for me. Also I know I could open them in IE but I am a dedicated PM user. I just upgraded now to 26.0.3 and I hoped this issue was solved in this release. It isn't. Rolling back to the last 25. Quite disappointed in this to be honest.

Later edit: Welp, now even v.25 with the old Mozilla Archive Format doesn't work anymore. I guess this addon changed things that it shouldn't have. And I don't want to delete everything and start from scratch. If I have to do that I think I'll change PM :'(
Any idea on what this extension has changed so that not even the old configuration works?

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-02-07, 13:43

Hi antaens, sorry to read that,

I guess you're right, that there is something misconfigured by a previous version. I uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of the original [and edited] MAFF add-ons, back to 3.0.3 (?) and went through many settings in different configs, but with my little knowledge I couldn't find it.

If you reinstall PM 25 and would have a 25.x PM profile backup which worked, maybe even an old and working portable profile, it could do the trick, perhaps.

antaensi

Unread post by antaensi » 2016-02-07, 16:13

Thank you loxodont. I wish I'd stayed around to waste my time on that but...
Considering how some mod/admin proceeded with my inquiry (banning me by deactivating my account, having the board say "please contact the board owner" and then clicking on that page having me told "this board option is deactivated") just confirmed to me that it's time to move to a more up to date browser that is truly responsive to user-feedback and doesn't cowardly "shadow-ban"-like silence critical feedback. Chrome just got the 2 addons I mostly stayed with PM for, so yeah. This mod/admin action was the wake-up call. You have an... interesting way of keeping users around :thumbup:

Mooner

Unread post by Mooner » 2016-03-22, 21:29

Just thought I'd also add that this doesn't work for me either, I get a blank page when attempting to open MAFF files.

I don't deal with them often though when I do it's always quite a few. Pale Moon no longer working with them means having to keep a version of Firefox around, which is somewhat defeating the point unfortunately.

Frankee

Unread post by Frankee » 2016-04-16, 07:20

Mooner wrote:Just thought I'd also add that this doesn't work for me either, I get a blank page when attempting to open MAFF files.

I don't deal with them often though when I do it's always quite a few. Pale Moon no longer working with them means having to keep a version of Firefox around, which is somewhat defeating the point unfortunately.
Hi Mooner, same thing here unfortunately. Is everything working fine for you now or not?
Last edited by Frankee on 2016-05-14, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-04-17, 18:09

Mooner wrote:Just thought I'd also add that this doesn't work for me either, I get a blank page when attempting to open MAFF files.
Frankee wrote:Hi Mooner, same thing here unfortunately. Is everything working fine for you now or not?
Please see here, here and preceding posts in this current thread.

And then try installing to a blank new profile, it has fixed this for a number of people (including myself ;-))