Support for "I don't care about cookies"

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

idcac
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Support for "I don't care about cookies"

Unread post by idcac » 2016-01-14, 11:02

Lucio Chiappetti wrote:Reinstalled. Thanks :clap: The context menu appears (with MB3). Can I ask here some info about how it is used (there is no doc) ?
There are two entries "report a cookie warning" and "toggle on". How should they be correctly used in practice ?
I suppose a list of "offending" sites is kept somewhere (centrally or periodically installed in the user site ?) ... and if a site gives the cookie warning it means it is not in the list yet. What is the correct procedure to make it enter the list, or to know it is in the list ?
Report a cookie warning sends me a message to check the domain you're currently on for cookie warnings. If you see the warning somewhere, report it in this way. I you reported it long time ago and I didn't fix it yet, you can always send me a mail or a message here on the forum. Some specific warnings can't be easily removed.

Toggle switches the addon on/off for the current domain (although in palemoon it can not switch off global rules which are applied everywhere, but it can still switch off custom rules made for that particular domain, if any).

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2016-01-14, 13:03

idcac wrote:Report a cookie warning sends me a message to check the domain you're currently on for cookie warnings. If you see the warning somewhere, report it in this way. I you reported it long time ago and I didn't fix it yet, you can always send me a mail or a message here on the forum. Some specific warnings can't be easily removed.

Toggle switches the addon on/off for the current domain (although in palemoon it can not switch off global rules which are applied everywhere, but it can still switch off custom rules made for that particular domain, if any).
Thanks again. So if I get a cookie warning, I send a report and wait. You will ... do what ? write it in a list on your site, or send back the list to each installation at the next update ?

What is instead the sense of toggle if I do not know it is currently on or off ? I am afraid repeated clicking without an obvious feedback will just leave the site in an undefined status (for what cookie warnings are concerend). Would make sense to have a little message or icon saying whether cookies warning have been suppressed or not (e.g. in the status bar, or in the context menu itself) ? Will toggle act locally only ?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

idcac
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by idcac » 2016-01-14, 13:08

Lucio Chiappetti wrote:So if I get a cookie warning, I send a report and wait. You will ... do what ? write it in a list on your site, or send back the list to each installation at the next update ?
It will be included in the next update.
Lucio Chiappetti wrote:What is instead the sense of toggle if I do not know it is currently on or off ? I am afraid repeated clicking without an obvious feedback will just leave the site in an undefined status (for what cookie warnings are concerend). Would make sense to have a little message or icon saying whether cookies warning have been suppressed or not (e.g. in the status bar, or in the context menu itself) ? Will toggle act locally only ?
You are right. But I don't know yet how to do it and don't have much time for research, so I left it half-done. I repeat, toggle doesn't work as good as in Firefox because there's no exclude option in Palemoon when addon decides where it will apply rules.

What do you mean by locally only?

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-06-01, 16:55

On http://www.digital-inn.de/ not acknowledging the cookie warning at the top, leads to limited functionality (you cannot log in or change forum language at the bottom of the page). "I don't care about cookies" needs to be disabled first.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-06-01, 17:30

back2themoon wrote:On http://www.digital-inn.de/ not acknowledging the cookie warning at the top, leads to limited functionality (you cannot log in or change forum language at the bottom of the page). "I don't care about cookies" needs to be disabled first.
You should report this to the author of the add-on, not on the Pale Moon forum?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2016-06-06, 09:04

Possibly the OP hoped the author was listening here.

I too had problems with the plugin and the Trenitalia/Le Frecce (italian railways) booking system. One has to disable the plugin in order to make reservations, otherwise the page remains visible but disabled. But I believe it is a fault of the website design. They use a peculiar EU-cookie popup
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-01-27, 04:01

@idcac: I'm sure you notice, or anyone, but the icon is replaced with the Firefox symbol when updating to v2.6.4 after upgrading to Pale Moon v27.

Also, is this add-on supposedly broken in Pale Moon v27: https://github.com/JustOff/pm27-sdk-add ... re-details?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-02-10, 03:28

Okay, so the add-on has totally stop working. Is there any other means of getting in contact with the developer?

So @idcac, please have a look here: https://developer.palemoon.org/Add-ons: ... ns/Jetpack. And maybe test it out using Moon Tester Tool: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... ster-tool/. This all thanks to @JustOff, who made it possible.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-02-11, 15:40

How exactly does this addon work? I still see a ton of cookie popups. In fact, I never noticed it removing anything.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-09, 12:47

The new 2.6.6 version is on the Pale Moon Add-Ons site but auto-update (or manually-triggered check) from 2.6.5 doesn't seem to work?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-09, 19:41

back2themoon wrote:The new 2.6.6 version is on the Pale Moon Add-Ons site but auto-update (or manually-triggered check) from 2.6.5 doesn't seem to work?
It looks like it was missing a .0 in the minimum version check (it had 27.1). I've added the .0 so it (should) work.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-09, 20:20

Lootyhoof wrote:It looks like it was missing a .0 in the minimum version check (it had 27.1). I've added the .0 so it (should) work.
Thanks, tried again now but still doesn't work.

update: looks like it's now fixed - thanks.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-03-11, 08:26

Just out of curiosity, where can I find any changelog?

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-11, 09:12

Octopuss wrote:Just out of curiosity, where can I find any changelog?
You probably forgot to check here.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-03-12, 10:57

I didn't. I had no idea that page existed. There's no link to it anywhere on the PM addons page.