Decentraleyes Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Decentraleyes

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-08-31, 03:46

helloimustbegoing wrote:To my surprise, the other day Decentraleyes updated from version 1.3.7 to version 1.3.10. (I thought I had automatic updates disabled; it never updated to 1.3.8.) Is 1.3.10 compatible with Pale Moon? I had been using version 1.3.7 as there was an .xpi specifically marked for Pale Moon but not one for version 1.3.8, and neither is there an .xpi for 1.3.10 marked specifically for PM. The testing utility says it's working . . . but I'm a little concerned since no version since 1.3.7 is marked specifically for Pale Moon.
This should answer your concerns, see here: https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes/issues/190.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-08-31, 06:23

Also, you could always download it from the trusty APMO: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/decentraleyes/. This version in same as the update you got.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2018-03-28, 19:12

LimboSlam wrote:
helloimustbegoing wrote:[...]
Decentraleyes updated from version 1.3.7 to version 1.3.10.
[...]
[...]see here: https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes/issues/190.
And yesterday's post asks for rolling out the update for Pale Moon:
https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraley ... -376361785
I've been able to update uBlock0, and noScript, but Decentraleyes is still offered only version 1.3.10.
(and that is what I have installed, and working "fully operational" as the test page says)
How is that? (Not saying that anything is wrong, this is just a query.)

More explaining. Having cloned Decentraleyes git repo, I can paste this:

Code: Select all

$ git tag
v1.1.5
v1.2.0
v1.2.0-rc
v1.2.2
v1.3.0
v1.3.0-rc
v1.3.10
v1.3.5
v1.3.6
v1.3.7
v1.3.8
v2.0.0
v2.0.0beta1
v2.0.0beta2
v2.0.0beta3
v2.0.1
v2.0.2
v2.0.3
Again, no saying anything is wrong, only querying about it.
BTW, it's really true what another user says on that linked issue on github, Pale Moon users are privacy focused.
I believe my analysis confirmed the clean air that Pale Moon provides, coupled with the good addons, Decentraleyes featuring on this page:
Pale Moon and uBlock0 on a grsec-hardened kernel 3
https://croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap- ... ock0-3.php
Last edited by miroR on 2018-03-28, 19:21, edited 2 times in total.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-06-25, 20:22

So..
There's a new Decentraleyes Legacy build up @ GitLab:
https://git.synz.io/Synzvato/decentraleyes/tree/legacy/
Is this compatible with Pale Moon?
..and if so, how do we install it?
Last edited by Tomaso on 2018-06-25, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2018-06-25, 20:40

Compatible? Yes, all legacy versions should be compatible with Pale Moon.

How to install? Build your own or ask author to update it at http://addons.palemoon.org/addon/decentraleyes/

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-06-25, 20:54

adesh wrote:all legacy versions should be compatible with Pale Moon.
Well, 'Jetpack Manager' is listed as a prerequisite..
Not sure if this makes the new build a Jetpack extension, which is unsupported by Pale Moon.

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2018-06-25, 22:59

Tomaso wrote:
adesh wrote:all legacy versions should be compatible with Pale Moon.
Well, 'Jetpack Manager' is listed as a prerequisite..
Not sure if this makes the new build a Jetpack extension, which is unsupported by Pale Moon.
Under:
Building the Code (*nix)
https://git.synz.io/Synzvato/decentrale ... e-code-nix
it's that "jpm" from the command, right?

Code: Select all

jpm xpi
That's [j]et [p]ack [m]anager, I guess...
I think I did it quite some time ago, and it worked for me... Or I am misrembemering...
Sorry for lack of time to delve and figure out...
( But I surely registered in that gitlab... as I'm disgusted by Github gone to M$ ...Gosh, more time to find to work and move my Github account away from those... )

Regards!

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2018-06-26, 07:15

Tomaso wrote:There's a new Decentraleyes Legacy build up @ GitLab [...] Is this compatible with Pale Moon?
Yes, I'm happy to say that v1.4.1 has been extensively tested on Pale Moon, and even fixes a minor Pale Moon specific bug.

As already mentioned by adesh and miroR, you can either build it yourself, or wait for it to come out officially. It's currently awaiting Mozilla Add-ons (AMO) moderation. As soon as the package is signed by Mozilla, it will be distributed to all supported applications (Pale Moon, Firefox 52 ESR, and SeaMonkey). I personally expect this to happen sometime this week. I hope this answers your questions. If not, please don't hesitate to let me know!
miroR wrote:But I surely registered in that gitlab... as I'm disgusted by Github gone to M$ [...]
Welcome back miroR! :thumbup: Your past contributions have since been assigned to your new account.
Last edited by Decentraleyes on 2018-06-26, 09:45, edited 3 times in total.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-06-26, 13:40

Decentraleyes wrote:I'm happy to say that v1.4.1 has been extensively tested on Pale Moon, and even fixes a minor Pale Moon specific bug.
Great! :thumbup:

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-06-26, 17:22

Decentraleyes v1.4.1 is available at palemoon.org now:
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/decentraleyes/

Changelog:
New languages:
* Added support for the Arabic language.
* Added support for the Brazilian Portuguese language.
* Added support for the Czech language.
* Added support for the Estonian language.
* Added support for the Hebrew language.
* Added support for the Icelandic language.
* Added support for the Korean language.
* Added support for the Romanian language.
* Added support for the Serbian (Cyrillic) language.
* Added support for the Turkish language.

New features:
* Added cookie and origin stripping support to the request sanitizer.
* Implemented support for the Chinese BootCDN delivery network.
* Implemented support for popular Chinese CDN mirrors.

Bugfixes:
* Fixed a minor bug related to the parsing of invalid hostnames.

Other changes:
* Improved support for highly prevalent shorthand URL notations.
* Applied various performance optimizations and stability improvements.
* Improved and extended various existing localizations.

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2018-06-28, 11:28

Decentraleyes wrote:
miroR wrote:But I surely registered in that gitlab... as I'm disgusted by Github gone to M$ [...]
Welcome back miroR! :thumbup: Your past contributions have since been assigned to your new account.
Of course, kind developer! ;)
I'm sorry for the delay. ...I work so slowly, and I had (completely unrelated) issues with my systems.
I sure had, just some number of minutes ago, and at that very period of time I was doing internet banking on a local bank's pages... I sure have just had and at that time --and surely I feel safer with Pale Moon and with addons like Decentraleyes-- I had my Pale Moon 27.8.3 automatically updated, and showing me the local version of:
https://git.synz.io/Synzvato/decentraleyes/tags/v1.4.1
Thanks a bunch! I am poor, pretty poor, but if I had, I'd donate to you for this program.
OTOH, if I manage to some day (not to be expected soon) learn enough of JS and stuff, I'll very gladly contribute!

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-06-28, 17:32

Must admit that I was a bit disappointed to see that the legacy branch of Decentraleyes still lacks the toolbar button and GUI controls.
However, I'm also pleased to see that the developer hasn't totally forgotten about us legacy users! :)

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2018-07-10, 17:37

miroR wrote:I sure had, just some number of minutes ago, and at that very period of time I was doing internet banking on a local bank's pages... I sure have just had and at that time --and surely I feel safer with Pale Moon and with addons like Decentraleyes [...] Thanks a bunch! [...] I'd donate to you for this program. [...] OTOH, if I manage to some day [...] learn enough of JS and stuff, I'll very gladly contribute!
I'm very happy to hear that it makes you feel safer online. Thank you for the kind words, and your intent to contribute. Your support means a lot! :)
Tomaso wrote:Must admit that I was a bit disappointed to see that the legacy branch of Decentraleyes still lacks the toolbar button and GUI controls. [...] However, I'm also pleased to see that the developer hasn't totally forgotten about us [...]! :)
Although (unlike maintenance updates) a legacy GUI was never planned or promised, I do understand your disappointment. I'd like to encourage anyone reading this to contribute spare time to make this a reality. From a privacy standpoint, I'd argue that it's most important that it remains as powerful as the WebExtension (for as long as possible). That's why I've allocated the currently available resources to stability and effectiveness. I hope this explains the approach!

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-08-02, 22:52

A few days ago, I updated Decentrayleyes on my Pale Moon to version 1.4.2. But after installing it, I noticed it didn't "install over" version 1.4.1, but both versions were listed as installed. Now today I did the same thing on my wife's computer in her Firefox ESR install, and the same thing happened. Why isn't the install of 1.4.2 installing over version 1.4.1?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-03, 08:17

Potentially the extension ID was changed. In that case, it will be seen as a "different extension"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-08-03, 08:33

Automatic updating seems to work normally, I only have Decentraleyes 1.4.2 here (PM 28). Perhaps some kind of browser mix-up?
Last edited by back2themoon on 2018-08-03, 08:33, edited 2 times in total.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-09-05, 05:09

Noticed weird error with 1.4.2 on 28.0.1. On the error console:
Timestamp: 05.09.2018 6:56:05
Error: A promise chain failed to handle a rejection. Did you forget to '.catch', or did you forget to 'return'?
See https://developer.mozilla.org/Mozilla/J ... sm/Promise

Date: Wed Sep 05 2018 06:55:57 GMT+0300
Full Message: Failed to read: 'jar:file:///C:/Temp/pal2801/profile/extensions/jid1-BoFifL9Vbdl2zQ@jetpack.xpi!/package.json' (Error: Failed to open input source 'jar:file:///C:/Temp/pal2801/profile/extensions/jid1-BoFifL9Vbdl2zQ@jetpack.xpi!/package.json')
Full Stack: JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js :: register :: line 194
JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js :: completePromise :: line 715
JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js :: process :: line 968
JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js :: walkerLoop :: line 813
JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js :: scheduleWalkerLoop/< :: line 747
Source Code:
I put dummy package.json and error disappeared
Last edited by Fedor2 on 2018-09-05, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-09-18, 10:05

Good Day Guys,

Thought this might be a good place to post, since it is about Decentraleyes.

I was speaking to a friend and he asked me if Decentraleyes has an icon that can be displayed in Pale Moon? You know, an icon in a toolbar that displays how many blockages it performed or something similar?
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-09-18, 13:05

fatboy wrote:I was speaking to a friend and he asked me if Decentraleyes has an icon that can be displayed in Pale Moon?
Decentraleyes v2.xx has this feature, but v1.xx (the Pale Moon compatible Legacy branch) hasn't.
Simply scroll up a bit, and you'll find a comment from the author himself, regarding this very subject.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-09-18, 14:17

Tomaso wrote: Decentraleyes v2.xx has this feature, but v1.xx (the Pale Moon compatible Legacy branch) hasn't.
Simply scroll up a bit, and you'll find a comment from the author himself, regarding this very subject.
Doh! Sorry about that. Silly me. OK Cool. I understand his reasons.
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux