Decentraleyes Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Decentraleyes

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-05-08, 16:27

Well Decentraleyes, we know change is inevitable and we/I thank you for your commitment to us, or at least as long as possible. :)

But to say it again as it applies here: "Pale Moon is not Firefox and never will be again."
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-05-08, 16:50

I hope Decentraleyes will continue to be supported for Pale Moon past the major changes that are coming for PM, as it is an important defense of one's privacy.

Thanks for supporting Pale Moon up to now (and hopefully well into the future).

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-01-27, 03:10

What's up everyone! I know, I haven't been on lately contributing my thoughts on certain matters/post or helping out new comers to our forums. My bad. I've been busy with life at home. Anyways, I just wanted to say....

I'm so glad Decentraleyes support goes on for Pale Moon (v27.1+)!! Thanks so much! :thumbup: :D :D Cant' wait, but I'll just have too.

Special Thanks To: add-on developer-Decentraleyes, JustOff, MC (Moonchild) and Matt A Tobin.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-01-27, 17:19

Very good news! :thumbup:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-01-27, 18:41

Please don't include me in your praise.. I am still against the jetpack technology.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2017-01-27, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-01-27, 19:10

Matt A Tobin wrote:Please don't include me in your praise.. I am still against the technology.
why..?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2017-01-27, 19:49

Off-topic:
Moonraker wrote: why..?
I believe this post answers that:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14157&start=80#p103184

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2017-01-30, 12:15

(Until now not having fully understood that Decentraleyes would not be there before Pale Moon v27.1) I just did all the compilation (in Linux) of nodejs, and jpm, got the git of decentraleyes, and successfully compiled:

Code: Select all

~/decentraleyes $ ls -ABRgo decentraleyes.xpi 
-rw-r--r-- 1 5453873 2017-01-30 12:49 decentraleyes.xpi
 ~/decentraleyes $

Code: Select all

$ file decentraleyes.xpi 
decentraleyes.xpi: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract
$
And then I get:
Decentraleyes could not be installed because it is a Jetpack/SDK extension which are not supported in Pale Moon 27.0.3
My question is, if I try and reinstall Pale Moon from the latest git source, would it then stand a chance to get installed?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-01-30, 12:45

miroR wrote:My question is, if I try and reinstall Pale Moon from the latest git source, would it then stand a chance to get installed?
Yes. You can also use unstable buld to try.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-01-30, 13:44

How about special version of decentraleyes provided by JustOff as well. Using it from on 27.0.3 and it works good. https://github.com/JustOff/pm27-sdk-addons

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-01-30, 14:07

Fedor2 wrote:How about special version of decentraleyes provided by JustOff as well. Using it from on 27.0.3 and it works good.
All patched add-ons are incompatible with Pale Moon 27.1 and will be removed from GitHub soon after release.

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2017-01-30, 22:54

(I thought there were no replies, and that I was subscribed to the topic, but I wasn't. I am now.)
JustOff wrote:
miroR wrote:My question is, if I try and reinstall Pale Moon from the latest git source, would it then stand a chance to get installed?
Yes. You can also use unstable buld to try.
Thanks, JustOff and Fedor2!

First encounter with nodejs. Only just made it, and didn't notice how much work I had to do.

First about the unstable. I read about the unstable, but it is a little intimidating :shifty: and also I like doing verified installations/compiling from verified sources (e.g. like the Decentraleyes are signing all the commits, and also tags, I like that very much :thumbup: --I know Pale Moon does not work so, and I can live with that, but I'll see if what I can do about it for myself...)

In case the intimidation about the unstable shows to be overpowering, and compiling from source also (well, there's also the issue of free time available...), how long more till 27.1 is expected to be out (and then I can use the Gentoo palemoon overlay, as I install that way)?

I (almost) haven't touched Firefox in I think more than a month now... Enjoying the better, more honest browser!

Regards!

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2017-02-02, 11:46

miroR wrote:...
how long more till 27.1 is expected to be out (and then I can use the Gentoo palemoon overlay, as I install that way)?
I've just managed to compile (modifying in my local overlay the Gentoo unofficial palemoon overlay) and installing from git, from the latest in the Pale-Moon git repo on Github, and I am now running:
Version: 27.2.0a1 (64-bit) (2017-02-02)
Phiew! That was a lot of work.

But I got decentraleyes now!! Feels great!

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2017-02-02, 11:53

But no...
On the test page:
https://decentraleyes.org/test/
It reads:
Determining status...
The test resource could not be fetched locally or remotely.
Decentraleyes is not working as intended
And going to:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/decentraleyes/
gets me this again:
Decentraleyes could not be installed because it is a Jetpack/SDK extension which are not supported in Pale Moon 27.2.0a1
What could this be. Just me or is it others as well?

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-02-02, 12:11

miroR wrote: is it others
I get this 'Decentraleyes is fully operational.'
but somethimes I get this too ' Note that this add-on does not locally inject resources that are blocked by other types of content blockers. Please adjust their policies if necessary.'

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-02, 12:59

miroR wrote:But no...
On the test page:
https://decentraleyes.org/test/
It reads:
Determining status...
The test resource could not be fetched locally or remotely.
Decentraleyes is not working as intended
If you have built it properly, then it should work. Try to test it on clean profile to exclude conflicts with other extensions.
And going to:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/decentraleyes/
gets me this again:
Decentraleyes could not be installed because it is a Jetpack/SDK extension which are not supported in Pale Moon 27.2.0a1
What could this be. Just me or is it others as well?
New version of Decentraleyes is yet not published neither in AMO, nor in APMO.

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2017-02-02, 15:11

JustOff wrote:...
If you have built it properly, then it should work. Try to test it on clean profile to exclude conflicts with other extensions.
That supposes more work, and I have felt dead on arrival already two posts ago... :?
And this was supposed to complete important part of my Palemoon setup (I also installed uBlock Origin, uMatrix, which I really like --suggested to me by HaleSun (in another topic, a topic on security and tracking in the Technical Chat)-- but all of which is new stuff to me)...
Removing and reistalling those could introduce new difficulties and issues...

I'll also see if this is only an issue with cache maybe? I run for days on end, keeping same pages opened for days on end (sic)...
Si I'll first try any wipe the cache completely and completely shutdown my browser first, and see if it works...
JustOff wrote:...
New version of Decentraleyes is yet not published neither in AMO, nor in APMO.
If it wouldn't work, and I go for reinstalling, I might even go, when I recover some strength after some rest, with the Decentraleyes github sources.
I've yet to decide...
Thanks for the replies!

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2017-02-03, 20:43

Since this is about install on Gentoo, allow me to just briefly depart from Decentraleyes topic, and link to:
https://github.com/deuiore/palemoon-overlay/pull/34
because this:
miroR wrote:
Version: 27.2.0a1 (64-bit) (2017-02-02)
I compiled with those ebuilds from that (clumsy) pull request which I just created.

I will be back to Decentraleyes, but first this above, because it's also about whether my compilation of Pale-Moon was correct... (and, relating to that, there is still a lot of work to do in Gentoo, to stabilize the overlay and introduce it to regular distro)

Regards!

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-02-05, 02:34

Question: is it safe to keep on using Dedentraleyes v1.3.5 until Pale Moon v27.1 is officially released? I'm currently using v26.5.0 and v27.0.3 of Pale Moon until I'm able to update to Dedentraleye v1.3.7.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-02-05, 10:11

LimboSlam wrote:Question: is it safe to keep on using Dedentraleyes v1.3.5 until Pale Moon v27.1 is officially released? I'm currently using v26.5.0 and v27.0.3 of Pale Moon until I'm able to update to Dedentraleye v1.3.7.
Sure. You can using the 1.3.7 build from JustOff too, which works with PM 27.

Also thanks to JustOff and the Decentraleyes dev, Decentraleyes works now nativ in PM 27.1!