Decentraleyes Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Decentraleyes

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2016-04-03, 23:00

LimboSlam wrote:I thought there was supposed to be a new tab with the release notes upon installation or update, but I've never seen it?
Yes, I've noticed that too. Perhaps add-on load reasons (e.g. install, upgrade) weren't implemented yet at the time of the Firefox code fork? If you'd like to take a look at the notes, I would recommend visiting resource://jid1-bofifl9vbdl2zq-at-jetpack/static/release-notes.html directly.

Note: Since you were probably the first person to download the release candidate, you might need to download it again before you can visit the local address above. I rebuilt the Pale Moon package, since the first build lacked some (non-essential) content.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-04-08, 15:22

First thanks for the update and support for Pale Moon!

I try to install v1.3.0 but it say this isn't compatible with Pale Moon. Then i try the v1.3.0-rc and it works.
Anyway i didn't a whats new tab too. And under about:addons the addon doesn't show any info if check for latest addons chang info.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-04-09, 04:32

I'm sure Decentraleyes will release an update soon for us.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2016-04-09, 13:12

dark_moon wrote:First thanks for the update and support for Pale Moon!
No problem, I'm very glad you like it!
dark_moon wrote:I try to install v1.3.0 but it say this isn't compatible with Pale Moon.
There isn't a Pale Moon tailored build of the final release of v1.3.0 yet, but I'm actively working on it.
dark_moon wrote:Anyway i didn't a whats new tab too.
Expect this to be fully fixed in the final release build of v1.3.0-palemoon. Important: If you'd like to see the release notes after installation, you will need to remove the current release candidate from Pale Moon before installing the final version.
LimboSlam wrote:I'm sure Decentraleyes will release an update soon for us.
You're right. In fact, it will be available later today.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-04-09, 20:10

Can't wait for it :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2016-04-09, 22:50

As promised earlier, I'm hereby releasing Decentraleyes v1.3.0-palemoon. :)

https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes/releases/tag/v1.3.0
Decentraleyes.v1.3.0-palemoon-unsigned.xpi

XhenEd

Unread post by XhenEd » 2016-04-10, 01:23

It says that download failed because of a github connection failure. :(

Edit: I downloaded using IDM. And I installed it. So far, so good. :)
Thanks!

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-04-10, 01:53

Thanks my man. Now updating from RC to stable version. :D :thumbup:

-P.S. the Release Notes in new tab now works.
Last edited by LimboSlam on 2016-04-10, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-04-10, 07:24

After i remove the 1.3.0-rc and install 1.3.0 final i get the release notes in new tab :thumbup:

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2016-04-14, 00:09

I'm glad to hear the final release solves the release notes issues for everyone! :thumbup:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-04-14, 02:15

Hey there Decentraleyes, I'm here browsing on public Library computer and I saw some of my add-on are in need of an update, which I have updated them except yours. I just realize that your add-on hosted at APO hasn't got an update yet, so will one be pushed out soon?

But hey your working very hard on this add-on, so whenever you have the time. I just thought you should just in case you forgot. :) :thumbup:

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-04-14, 08:13

I currently have version 1.2.2-palemoon.

If I go to add-ons page in PM and click on the "more" for Decentraleyes and then click on "Check for updates" nothing happens. If I go to the Pale Moon load page for this add-on and click the Down load button and install the version stays the same for me, version 1.2.2-palemoon.

The "Testing Utility" page tells me quote: "Decentraleyes is fully operational", so I'm not concerned however - just wondering why I'm not able to update is all :think: .
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

superA

Unread post by superA » 2016-04-15, 05:47

Something strange happened here,
I am pretty sure in the latest version hosted in AMO, the Decentraleyes's author pointed in the ''about this add on'' comments, that Pale Moon users have to change the UA string to FF's one for installing it, he even wrote down the UA string with blue (so, noone miss it), that happened just a few days back, I even changed mine and install it just for testing.
Today, this paragraph is missing there.

The developer is a forum member , so he can confirm the above, just wait for his response and update.

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2016-04-17, 00:10

LimboSlam wrote: I just realize that your add-on hosted at APO hasn't got an update yet, so will one be pushed out soon?
Thanks for the heads-up! :) There's no way for me to directly push new releases onto APO. I have sent out a PM to Matt A Tobin (on April 14th) to notify him about the update. I'm not sure when exactly v1.2.2-palemoon will be replaced by 1.3.0-palemoon, but I'm afraid it's out of my control.
superA wrote: I am pretty sure in the latest version hosted in AMO, the Decentraleyes's author pointed in the ''about this add on'' comments, that Pale Moon users have to change the UA string to FF's one for installing it, he even wrote down the UA string with blue (so, noone miss it) [...].
That's quite curious, because I have never added any Pale Moon-specific instructions to "about this add-on". Also, it's impossible to change the text color of sentences in AMO descriptions. Could you send me a direct link to the page that was displaying them?
Last edited by Decentraleyes on 2016-04-17, 22:57, edited 2 times in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-04-17, 06:27

Pale Moon Rising wrote:
[b][color=#FF0000]Decentraleyes[/color][/b] wrote:
[b][color=#FF0000]LimboSlam[/color][/b] wrote: I just realize that your add-on hosted at APO hasn't got an update yet, so will one be pushed out soon?
Thanks for the heads-up! :) There's no way for me to directly push new releases onto APO. I have sent out a PM to Matt A Tobin (on April 14th) to notify him about the update. I'm not sure when exactly v1.2.2-palemoon will be replaced by 1.3.0-palemoon, but I'm afraid it's out of my control.
[b][color=#FF0000]Pale Moon Rising[/color][/b] wrote: I am pretty sure in the latest version hosted in AMO, the Decentraleyes's author pointed in the ''about this add on'' comments, that Pale Moon users have to change the UA string to FF's one for installing it, he even wrote down the UA string with blue (so, noone miss it) [...].
That's quite curious. I never added any Pale Moon-specific instructions to "about this add-on". Also, it's impossible to change the text color of sentences in AMO descriptions. Could you send me a direct link to the page that was displaying them?
Decentraleyes - You are asking the wrong person to send you the direct link to that page that was actually brought up by superA (I didn't post those comments you referenced above, see further explanation below)
Decentraleyes, you tagged the post above to the wrong person (Pale Moon Rising in red immediately above did not post that comment). To clarify that wasn't me (Pale Moon Rising) who posted that, it was actually posted by superA on this page just below my post who posted:
[b][color=#FF0000]superA[/color][/b] wrote: I am pretty sure in the latest version hosted in AMO, the Decentraleyes's author pointed in the ''about this add on'' comments, that Pale Moon users have to change the UA string to FF's one for installing it, he even wrote down the UA string with blue (so, noone miss it).....
So you might want to post that part of your post requesting the link from superA over again. :idea: ;)

My post was the following just above that post on this page:
[b][color=#FF0000]Pale Moon Rising[/color][/b] wrote:I currently have version 1.2.2-palemoon.

If I go to add-ons page in PM and click on the "more" for Decentraleyes and then click on "Check for updates" nothing happens. If I go to the Pale Moon load page for this add-on and click the Down load button and install the version stays the same for me, version 1.2.2-palemoon.

The "Testing Utility" page tells me quote: "Decentraleyes is fully operational", so I'm not concerned however - just wondering why I'm not able to update is all :think: .
And I think my question was answered in the top post by LimboSlam included at the top of this post. ;)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

superA

Unread post by superA » 2016-04-17, 09:29

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search ,

This is the page your add on is hosted in AMO, at least that is what I am talking about.
Few days back, there was a paragraph in the ''about this add on'' session (like the ''Frequently Asked Questions'', ''Technical Information'', ''Personal Support''), named '' Pale Moon Support''.
There were instructions to Pale Moon users in there, to change the default UA to FF's.The latter was written in blue, inside a gray placeholder.This paragraph is now missing.
If you haven't added that, then who did ?
Ι am absolutely sure about that, because I copied and pasted the UA in my prefs and installed the addon inside my PM sandboxie for a couple of hours.

Anyway, I am sure that a lot of people visited this page this week after the addon's update, so it must be an easy way to find out, it is an open community so someone else did saw that.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-04-17, 16:19

Sounds like your talking about CookieKeeper, which the developer indeed did ask for Pale Moon users to change their UA for AMO to something more updated to able to install his add-on. See here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... kiekeeper/.

Cazotte

Unread post by Cazotte » 2016-04-18, 12:36

1.30 does not work with https://makemeapassword.org/Generate/ReadablePassphrase without adding an exception. Please, fix.

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2016-04-20, 00:55

Pale Moon Rising wrote:So you might want to post that part of your post requesting the link from superA over again.
You're absolutely right, thanks! I have since edited the post in question.
LimboSlam wrote:Sounds like your talking about CookieKeeper, which the developer indeed did ask for Pale Moon users to change their UA for AMO to something more updated to able to install his add-on. See here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... kiekeeper/.
Great. Thanks for clearing things up, LimboSlam!
Cazotte wrote:1.30 does not work with https://makemeapassword.org/Generate/ReadablePassphrase without adding an exception. Please, fix.
Thanks for reporting your problem! It's related to strict Content Security Policies and to the way in which the browser handles them. It's pretty much impossible to override page policies (which is a pretty strict limitation), but I'm actively working towards a permanent solution. I can only hope that this (future) fix can eventually be applied to the Pale Moon build of Decentraleyes as well, as it involves (planned) changes on Mozilla's end.

I'll make sure that the next release will automatically treat CDN resources for "makemeapassword.org" as missing.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-04-23, 04:59

I'm just curious why version 1.3.0 is not yet on Pale Moon's add-on site. It's been two weeks. That makes me hesitant to update to it.