Decentraleyes Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Decentraleyes

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2017-03-22, 23:53

miroR wrote:[...] v1.3.7 [...] installs successfully...
Good to hear you were able to install the add-on! For others, the download that corresponds to the official listing should be installable.
miroR wrote:https://decentraleyes.org/test/ says: [...] The test resource could not be fetched locally or remotely.
This typically happens when you block the resource in question (e.g. using a different content blocker). Decentraleyes does not inject blocked content.

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2017-03-23, 05:50

Decentraleyes wrote:
miroR wrote:[...] v1.3.7 [...] installs successfully...
Good to hear you were able to install the add-on!
It's always an honor to read from you!
Decentraleyes wrote:
miroR wrote:https://decentraleyes.org/test/ says: [...] The test resource could not be fetched locally or remotely.
This typically happens when you block the resource in question (e.g. using a different content blocker). Decentraleyes does not inject blocked content.
I see... (BTW, that means that in my previous attempts it was probably the same issue, and that installing from source did probably go fine... As per:
( this same topic, 1 and 1/2 months ago )
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10280&start=120#p105163
Hmmhh...
My setup is very similar to what I was advised (by kind user HaleSun) here:
Tracking protection and NSS SSL secrets logging (two security questions)?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12544&p=103866#p103695
I'm struggling to find time to investigate, have other obligations...
Anybody, a quick idea what it could be?

Regards!

Decentraleyes
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Decentraleyes » 2017-03-28, 15:13

miroR wrote:Anybody, a quick idea what it could be?
Could you please check if any of your other content blockers (e.g. uBlock) is blocking access to ajax.googleapis.com?

miroR
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by miroR » 2017-03-29, 10:04

Decentraleyes wrote:
miroR wrote:Anybody, a quick idea what it could be?
Could you please check if any of your other content blockers (e.g. uBlock) is blocking access to ajax.googleapis.com?
Almost anything Schmoog the Schmoogle is what I would always like to live without. It's very possible that I blocked it in uBlock ...

(( Very busy right now, won't be able to do it for at least a few more hours... ))

Just one try first...

No luck. I disabled uBlock in about:addons. And visited:
https://decentraleyes.org/test/
but it still says the same usual (here):

The test resource could not be fetched locally or remotely.

Decentraleyes is not working as intended.
Very busy right now, won't be able to do it for at least a few more hours...

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-03-29, 10:42

I went to test and got The test resource could not be fetched as well
Pale moon 27.2.1 and Decentraleyes 1.3.7, so unclear what is wrong with, seems addon don't catch request. However in Firefox 52 it is fully operational

gorhill

Unread post by gorhill » 2017-03-29, 12:48

Tested with Pale Moon 27.2.1 + uBlock Origin 1.11.4 + Decentraleyes 1.3.7.

Result: "Decentraleyes is fully operational".

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-03-29, 23:55

gorhill
But Palemoon 27.03 with justoffs mod of 1.3.7 is fully operational. So this is rather incompatibility with pmkit.
Notice that i block almost all google, except youtube by hosts file. Did you check that requests to google are not passing through.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-03-30, 02:13

I am not sure if the googleapis via Decentraleyes is working for me. It passes the test but shows as blocked for XHR in uMatrix log even though I have a rule to allow it. Not a big deal since I usually keep everything google blocked by default.

Anyway, I noticed this which seems odd:
xhr https://versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org ... a3a9e97384}&...
Why is a custom PM version being checked/reported to Mozilla? Is it based on the extension code or PM's fault?

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-04-20, 20:56

kutewarrior

Unread post by kutewarrior » 2017-05-01, 16:35

Decentraleyes v1.3.7 installed via Pale Moon Add-ons Site causes the browser to hang when certain pages are loaded. Once I disable the extension, everything is smooth.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-05-01, 22:55

There is a new decentraleyes 1.3.8 which works great with Pale moon 27.3.0

kutewarrior

Unread post by kutewarrior » 2017-05-02, 15:12

Fedor2 wrote:There is a new decentraleyes 1.3.8 which works great with Pale moon 27.3.0
Where did you install 1.3.8 from ? :) Palemoon Addons still list 1.3.7 as the latest one.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-05-02, 16:12

Mozilla addons site, if somehow is showed that addon is unavailable, don't bother just install.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-05-04, 19:34

kutewarrior wrote:Where did you install 1.3.8 from ? :) Palemoon Addons still list 1.3.7 as the latest one.
For some reason, clicking on "Check for Updates" in the PM Add-ons Manager doesn't work. But if you install Decentraleyes from AMO as Fedor2 just said, then you can get the latest, and with the Blue Dot, too. (And be sure to click "Install Anyway" when AMO complains that it may not be compatible).
Last edited by gracious1 on 2017-05-04, 19:35, edited 2 times in total.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-05-04, 19:35

v 1.3.8 isnt needed.
Changelog:
New features:
Added support for the Greek language.

Enhancements:
Applied a minor spelling change to the Dutch localization.
https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes/releases

So 1.3.7 is fine: https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraley ... signed.xpi

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-05-05, 04:14

Why haven't we been updated to the newest version yet? Is there any compatibility issues with the Firefox version of this add-on? Should we let Decentraleyes know?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-05-05, 04:41

LimboSlam wrote:Why haven't we been updated to the newest version yet? Is there any compatibility issues with the Firefox version of this add-on? Should we let Decentraleyes know?
fillerup wrote:
JustOff wrote:(this is known issue caused that AMO doesn't serves Pale Moon properly).
this explains why my addons lost the ability to auto update..
and here is Tobin's explanation of the matter
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Well it is more complicated then that.

AMO will serve updates to Pale Moon IF the minimum Firefox application version is 24.9/27.9 or lower (depending if 26 or 27). This is totally expected.. Sure, fine..

The big ISSUE comes in where if extensions are set to a higher Firefox minimum version then lowered again say to target a theoretical Firefox version that falls in the rage of what Pale Moon claims to be to AMO. In this case, most if not all extensions will not serve because it was previously set higher.

This was a reported bug to Mozilla and does affect Firefox as much as it does us and they deemed it not important to fix. This issue seems to have been introduced around the same time the signing was added.

The fact is.. Eventually, we are not going to be able to rely on AMO as a fallback in the future for really anything. They are right now prepping to change their internal APIs for service requests and the question of preservation of something we can parse is in question. My guess is they will either half-ass it or not do it at all.

This is why Project Phoebus is so damned important and despite my general non-involvement in developmental aspects since last year I am continuing to advance our Add-ons Site software to take up these duties and make it easier for developers to be able to submit new add-ons.

And YES.. I am quite aware of the fact that I been saying this for going on two and a half years but if you notice.. It is actually happening now.

kutewarrior

Unread post by kutewarrior » 2017-05-06, 10:01

Is anyone facing the issue of Decentraleyes 1.3.7 causing Pale Moon to hang when it visits certain sites ? Right now, whenever I access any link with the superuser.com domain, it will cause PM to hang.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-08-30, 00:00

To my surprise, the other day Decentraleyes updated from version 1.3.7 to version 1.3.10. (I thought I had automatic updates disabled; it never updated to 1.3.8.) Is 1.3.10 compatible with Pale Moon? I had been using version 1.3.7 as there was an .xpi specifically marked for Pale Moon but not one for version 1.3.8, and neither is there an .xpi for 1.3.10 marked specifically for PM. The testing utility says it's working . . . but I'm a little concerned since no version since 1.3.7 is marked specifically for Pale Moon.