Speed Dial

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

nevadacrab
Moon lover
Moon lover

Speed Dial

Unread post by nevadacrab » 2012-07-03, 06:30

I have both 3.6 and 12.2.1 Portable and use Speed Dial on both. On 3.6, when I close my last tab, Speed Dial shows up in the last tab. Not so in 12.2.1, where my home page pops up. I have "Open in last tab" checked in both versions. Is the difference due to 12.2.1 being portable? I can find no difference in the way Speed Dial is set up in the two browsers.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Speed Dial

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-07-03, 13:58

The way new tabs are handled has been changed in the underlying Firefox code. You probably need to ask the SpeedDial developers to provide information about what you need to do to make it work with the new code.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

nevadacrab
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Speed Dial

Unread post by nevadacrab » 2012-07-03, 18:16

Thank you. BTW, I have recently upgraded the RAM on my ancient laptop & would like to install 12.2.1 in place of 3.6, which has served me well. This issue (and the unavailability of the mostly crystal theme for versions above 8) is the only one holding me back. Pale moon is an excellent browser, and by far my favorite.