what is the best history cleaning add-on ?

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, FranklinDM

Lucio Chiappetti
Lunatic
Lunatic

what is the best history cleaning add-on ?

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2019-09-11, 13:52

My browsing behaviour is that I keep the browser on for many and many days (if I have to close it or it crashes I use Session Manager addon to resume the old session). When closing, it cleans browsing history, cookies and cache. I occasionally clean cookies of particular sites manually. Form history should almost never be cleaned so I have Form History Control addon.

I'd strongly like that my browsing history keeps only the last 2 days, but occasionally I find that there are unwanted items indicated as "last 7 days" or "previous month" (and if I select "last 7 days" and delete it deletes ALSO "today" and "yesterday". Apparently (I just checked the archive of my old posts to the forum), since the number of days was taken out of about:config, I have been oscillating between "Expire history by days" and "Places cleaner". Is it correct that only one of them should be enabled ?

Lastly I had "Places cleaner", and, despite it was set to keep 2 days, I found those "last 7 days" and "August" unwanted stuff. Now I disabled it and I am reverting to "Expire history by days" ... let's see ...
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: what is the best history cleaning add-on ?

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-09-11, 14:25

Lucio Chiappetti wrote:
2019-09-11, 13:52
Now I disabled it and I am reverting to "Expire history by days"
Expire history by days version 1.2.1 has been working nicely for me.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

billmcct
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-09-11, 19:59

+1 for Expire History by Days version 1.2.1. I only keep 2 days. Today and yesterday.
Win 7 x64 - Pale Moon 28x 32bit

fatboy
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by fatboy » 2019-09-12, 06:55

What about setting your browser's history settings to clear when exit?

Lucio Chiappetti
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2019-09-12, 09:35

If you'd read what I wrote above, it is already set to clear on exit ... and I exit very seldom,
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)