NoScript 10

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, Andrew Gilbertson

DavidSweden

NoScript 10

Unread postby DavidSweden » Tue, 13 Feb 2018, 18:01

I'm new to Pale Moon but used NoScript on Firefox for a while. It has a completely new interface which in my book makes it go from useless to great:
noscript.png

PaleMoon's version is 5.0.6. It blocks everything and you have to add sites to the whitelist. The newest for Firefox is 10.1.6.5. Here, I can select default behaviour so I select "allow all" then add just annoying sites to the blacklist (which is easy). I've seen negative comments about NS in this forum (about old versions) but it has worked without flaws for me.

Has anyone tried forcefully installing v10 on Pale Moon? Or have a tip about any other script blocker with url list that can default to "allow all"?

Moonraker
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: NoScript 10

Unread postby Moonraker » Tue, 13 Feb 2018, 18:04

version 10 is a web extension so it will not work in pale moon.Ublock origin would be a fine replacement,
Slacko puppy linux 64bit.
Pale moon 27.9.0

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

YesScript, not NoScript?

Unread postby riiis » Tue, 13 Feb 2018, 19:06

Try YesScript (A JavaScript blacklist). YesScript lets you make a blacklist of the few sites that aren't allowed to run JavaScript (rather than a whitelist of the much larger number of sites that are allowed). One click to the YesScript icon turns scripts on or off for the current site.

DavidSweden

Unread postby DavidSweden » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 18:31

Thanks. uBlock origin seems to be able to also replace my adblocker and popupblocker. But no whitelist.

I'm trying YesScript + ABPrime + Popup Blocker Ultimate now. Seems to work. :-)

Nigaikaze
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread postby Nigaikaze » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 20:09

DavidSweden wrote:uBlock origin seems to be able to also replace my adblocker and popupblocker. But no whitelist.

uBlock Origin does have a whitelist. When you open the uBO dashboard, click on the "Whitelist" tab.

Marcus
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread postby Marcus » Thu, 15 Feb 2018, 10:39

Nigaikaze wrote:
DavidSweden wrote:uBlock origin seems to be able to also replace my adblocker and popupblocker. But no whitelist.

uBlock Origin does have a whitelist. When you open the uBO dashboard, click on the "Whitelist" tab.

That's not the way to work with uBo, the Whitelist tab is to be used exceptionally.
uBlock Origin is a whitelist app per nature; you start by hardening the rules as explained here https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/ ... edium-mode and then you create exceptions on a per-site basis.

DavidSweden wrote:I'm trying YesScript + ABPrime + Popup Blocker Ultimate now. Seems to work

uBlock will do what those do and much else besides; but you do have to know how to use it, it has a learning curve. Take your time with the wiki https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki

Return to “Browser extensions”