Cookies Exterminator

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

JustOff

Re: Cookies Exterminator

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-11-14, 15:46

oscar wrote:I don't know if the fact that my OS is 16.04 ubunty matters?
Yes, this could be the case, because each OS has its limits for notifications system, so there is no guarantee that all notifications from CE will be shown. Use the cleanup log to list all the events occurred.

oscar

Unread post by oscar » 2017-11-15, 12:38

thank you for taking time to answer my question.off topic: ublock origin updater is awesome

0strodamus
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by 0strodamus » 2017-11-19, 00:38

oscar wrote:1 popups dont allways appear
I've noticed notifications intermittently not working too. For whatever it's worth, Crush Those Cookies behaves the same while SDC always displays notifications.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-11-19, 12:25

i use cookie exterminator in palemoon and it works just fine,i dont need notifications turned on as the extension icon changes colour when cookies and storage are removed.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-11-19, 12:57

0strodamus wrote:I've noticed notifications intermittently not working too.
This is known issue on some linux distributions, see also my reply above.

oscar

Unread post by oscar » 2017-12-04, 15:56

I have added 2 screenshots of my settings, as i just discovered that crushthosecookies still is to be found allthough I removed this add-on long ago. could it be, that this causes cookiesexterminator to not work properly? if so, would you, JustOff, or someone else tell me how to get rid of these settings. I'm still on linux
Attachments
Skærmbillede fra 2017-12-04 16-40-51.png
Skærmbillede fra 2017-12-04 16-41-25.png

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-12-04, 16:12

You can right-click on each of the settings you want removed and select "Reset" which should remove them if the add-on has been removed (you would need to refresh about:config or close and reload about:config for the settings to not be displayed).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

oscar

Unread post by oscar » 2017-12-04, 19:06

thank you for your guidance. appreciate. didn't know about this possibility. I hope it will solve my issue.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-12-04, 20:23

oscar wrote:could it be, that this causes cookiesexterminator to not work properly?
No, the settings of one extension do not affect the operation of the other.

50addons

Unread post by 50addons » 2018-09-02, 09:06

I am looking at switching to Cookies Exterminator from Self-Destructing Cookies as it can also handle IndexedDB storage.

Questions:
  • What does the greylist do?
  • Is there a particular reason you do you not use the browser built-in exception list (as SDC does)?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-02, 09:48

50addons wrote:What does the greylist do?
This has already been answered above.
Is there a particular reason you do you not use the browser built-in exception list (as SDC does)?
Just because it gives more flexibility.

50addons

Unread post by 50addons » 2018-09-02, 14:48

JustOff wrote:
50addons wrote:What does the greylist do?
This has already been answered above.
Thanks for the explanation. Another great extension!

It would be useful to add a description of the purpose of the greylist and redlist to the extension page.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-02, 16:23

50addons wrote:It would be useful to add a description of the purpose of the greylist and redlist to the extension page.
I know my English is far from perfect, but I thought it's already stated quite clearly:
Right after installation Cookies Exterminator works in passive mode to allow the add the necessary domains to white or grey lists. They are intended for sites where you need to stay logged in as long as possible or until browser restart respectively, even without having any related open tabs.
:angel:

50addons

Unread post by 50addons » 2018-09-02, 16:44

JustOff wrote:[...] white or grey lists. They are intended for sites where you need to stay logged in as long as possible or until browser restart respectively, even without having any related open tabs.
It's perfectly good English; having re-read the description again, greylisting seems perfectly clear now. I think I just didn't get the idea of extermination at startup because I let the browser clear cookies at shutdown. My bad!
Last edited by 50addons on 2018-09-02, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

moonie

Unread post by moonie » 2018-09-02, 17:03

"I'll be back" 8-)
- The Terminator

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-09-02, 19:50

JustOff wrote: I know my English is far from perfect, but I thought it's already stated quite clearly:
Right after installation Cookies Exterminator works in passive mode to allow the add the necessary domains to white or grey lists. They are intended for sites where you need to stay logged in as long as possible or until browser restart respectively, even without having any related open tabs.
:?:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-02, 20:00

Thanks, fixed.

PS: This means I not only know English badly, but also blind :roll:

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-09-02, 20:39

If I understand correctly what you are intending to say and if you don't mind my taking it upon myself to offer a suggestion :angel: -- Instead of "Right after installation Cookies Exterminator works in passive mode to allow to add the necessary domains to white or grey lists." I would perhaps word the sentence as such: "Right after installation Cookies Exterminator works in passive mode to allow the addition of necessary domains to the white or grey lists." (or something to that effect) -- that said, I'm not good at this myself and on top of that I might be misunderstanding your intention :eh:.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-09-02, 21:04

Thanks, you can only hope that I have fewer errors in the code than in its description 8-)

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-09-03, 00:22

^ No worries about that! -- I ought to now, I counted them and found that I'm using 9 of your add-ons :thumbup: ;)