FEBE fails?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

FEBE fails?

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-23, 09:18

Has anyone had any luck with FEBE restorting extensions?

Earrly this morning, I was successfully able to restore themes, both full themes and personas. However, I could not get a single extension restored.

When I do Tools > FEBE > Restore > Restore Extensions, and then I select the extensions from the backup to restore, nothing happnes; there is no feedback. Then when I open Add-ons Manager, I see this:
Transfer has begun, but it's stuck, frozen. No progress. I eventually click on the X to close them.

This is actually the first time I ever tried to restore anything, so I don't know if this is something new with version 10, or what.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: FEBE fails?

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-10-23, 20:59

Did you reset the FEBE prefs after updating to v.10? Anyway, I had this issue too with the previous version, I guess we need to report it to the author if the issue remains. Just use Pale Moon's own Add-ons Manager for this (Extensions/Install Add-ons from file) - you can even select multiple extensions.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-24, 05:45

back2themoon wrote:Did you reset the FEBE prefs after updating to v.10? .
No, I will try that. But I wonder if that means, then, I have to do all my backups over, and the previous ones are now useless?
back2themoon wrote:Just use Pale Moon's own Add-ons Manager for this (Extensions/Install Add-ons from file) - you can even select multiple extensions
Are you saying that Add-ons Manager can read FEBE archives?
EDIT: Oh, never mind. For some reason, I thought that FEBE created compressed archives, but they are actually just directories full of files. OK.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-10-24, 09:00

Why should it affect any existing backups? You only need to set your preferences again after resetting them (FEBE Options/Advanced/Clear FEBE preferences). When FEBE gets updated from v8 to v10, there's a prompt suggesting to do so.

About extension restore, FEBE creates standard .xpi files so the Add-ons Manager opens these normally. This is only valid for extension backup/restore, for other types of backup use FEBE to restore.