[SOLVED] How to install Firefox Theme add-on to Pale Moon

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

[SOLVED] How to install Firefox Theme add-on to Pale Moon

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2015-10-09, 15:33

I've been able to add themes to Pale Moon in a way that on the page I was using all I had to do is hover over a theme and there would be a button to "add" the theme to Pale Moon which it would do for any of the Firefox themes.

How can I do that again, all I can do now is reach the web page for Firefox themes and when I click on a them it goes to a "Persona plus" version 1.7.3.1 add-on which is not the theme I clicked on (all the Firefox themes go to this add-on for some reason).

How can I get to what I did in the past, just add theme add-ons directly to Pale Moon that Firefox offers.

I would simply like to add the "Black by MaDonna" theme to Pale Moon along with the others I already have in Pale Moon.

I have this theme in Firefox currently, as an alternative, if nobody know how to do this, is there a way to import just that one theme (Black by MaDonna) without changing any of the current themes I already have in Pale Moon?

Thanks for the help. :D
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2015-10-09, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: How to install Firefox Theme add-on to Pale Moon

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-10-09, 16:04

Um, it sounds like you have the add-on Personas Plus which I'm not sure you are aware of or not. To disable it, go to Pale Moon>> Add-ons>> Extensions and click disable or remove.

Also, I just installed this and it gave me a hard time installing themes. So I'm guessing this is a bug with add-on here.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2015-10-09, 17:17

LimboSlam wrote:Um, it sounds like you have the add-on Personas Plus which I'm not sure you are aware of or not. To disable it, go to Pale Moon>> Add-ons>> Extensions and click disable or remove.

Also, I just installed this and it gave me a hard time installing themes. So I'm guessing this is a bug with add-on here.
Thanks for your reply.

Actually, no I do not have this add-on.

The only way I can find to add themes that Firefox has is to go to Firefox themes and when I do this and click on a theme I'd like i.e. "Black by Madonna" then the web page with the them I selected is displays then if I click on the "Add to Firefox" button the next page goes to the "Persona Plus" add-on asking me if I want to add this add-on.

At some time in the past I was able to at some website hover over the themes and I would get a "button" asking me if I wanted to install the theme, if I clicked on the "button" then the theme would be added to Pale Moon. For some reason I don't get the "button" to add the them when hovering over themes using Firefox themes as before but instead all I can do is click on the theme and then as I said above this results in evenutally going to the "Personal Plus" add-on instead of going to the theme I click on to add it to Pale Moon.

Perhaps the problem is the button "Add to Firefox". So then how do people add Firefox themes to Pale Moon if this is the problem? I ask this because before when I clicked the button that appeared when hovering over the themes I did not go to the web page asking to "Add to Firefox" but instead when I clicked on that button before the theme got directly added to Pale Moon at that time and the new theme was enabled at that time. I'd like to be able to do what I did before but can't seem to figure out how.

All I want to do is what I've done before, that is hover over the Firefox themes and get that "button" which I can click on as in the past and then the theme gets added to Pale Moon.

Bottom line: What is the method to add Firefox themes to Pale Moon? (I've done it in the past, just can't remember exactly how, I didn't have to go to the page that says "Add to Firefox" as it does now)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2015-10-09, 17:40

I figured it out, the Umatrix add-on was blocking the hover button "+add" that appears when hovering the Firefox themes (normally), I had to "allow" a couple of "CDN" scripts in Umatrix to get the webpage to work correctly. Apparently I was either not using Umatrix or "allowed" the scripts but didn't save the setting at the time I did this previously when it worked before. :oops:

My bad. :roll: This won't happen again, now that I've locked the setting. :thumbup: Trying to stay secure can sure cause problems. :problem:

Maybe this will help someone with Umatrix, the webpage actually does do something when clicking on a theme (when Umatrix is blocking needed scripts to display the "button") which is go to the Firefox theme add-on page that was clicked on, but then when clicking on the button to add the theme the results end up going to another Firefox add-on page (without allowing the scripts in Umatrix) which might all be a little confusing for anyone that may have the Umatrix add-on installed (that is blocking the necessary scripts). :crazy:

By setting Umatrix to allow the scripts needed for the page to work correctly then the "+add" hover button that then displays while hovering a theme on the Firefox them selection page will install the add-on directly to Pale Moon without going to any intervening webpage as it should happily. :thumbup:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: [SOLVED] How to install Firefox Theme add-on to Pale Moo

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-10-09, 20:25

I'm glad you figured it out! :thumbup: Have a nice day! :)
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime