[Release] Australium

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v1.1.0 / 2.0.0b2

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-11-12, 01:01

I'm not sure what you're referring to here; the tab your arrow is pointing at looks fine. As for the other tabs, it looks like a Tab Mix Plus incompatibility.

megaman

Re: [Release] Australium v1.1.0 / 2.0.0b2

Unread post by megaman » 2015-11-12, 01:58

Lootyhoof wrote:I'm not sure what you're referring to here; the tab your arrow is pointing at looks fine. As for the other tabs, it looks like a Tab Mix Plus incompatibility.
Yes, that is correct. The problem is how my tabs are handled by the TMP look and their view of unloaded tabs.

Edit: I went into TMP's settings and found the culprit, so I had to Disable Custom Background Colors. All is well. :thumbup:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v1.1.0 / 2.0.0b3

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-12-20, 22:10

Australium v2.0.0b3 is now available, attached to the bottom of this post. This release adds the history menu button of Pale Moon 26 beta 4, as well as adding more icons in the history/bookmarks menus.

Note that this theme will remain in beta while Pale Moon 26 is yet to be released. It is, however, very much stable, for those curious. :)
Attachments
australium-2-0-0b3-pm.xpi
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 65 times

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v1.1.0 / 2.0.0b4

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-01-13, 21:42

Australium v2.0.0b4 is now available at the bottom of this post. This release makes necessary changes to the download popup in preparation for Pale Moon 26.

Assuming the release of Pale Moon 26 is soon, this will likely be the release that gets pushed to automatic updates (albeit without the beta tag), assuming there are no other fixes required. If something doesn't work as intended in this release, speak now! :)
Attachments
australium-2-0-0b4-pm.xpi
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 48 times

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v1.1.0 / 2.0.0b5

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-01-18, 21:53

A new week, a new beta. Version 2.0.0b5 is now available. :)

This one is a rather major update compared to previous betas, as it adds various styling changes from Firefox 45, including switching several icons to SVG icons. Users of Windows 8/10/Linux will also notice that the toolbars appear flatter, with a flatter styling used for personas across all operating systems, too.

Enjoy!
Attachments
australium-2-0-0b5-pm.xpi
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 49 times

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v2.0.0

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-01-26, 18:45

Australium v2.0.0 has been released! You can find it on the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site, and older versions should automatically update, assuming you're on Pale Moon 26. This will ONLY work on PM26, and cannot work on PM25.

For those who haven't been following the betas, please read previous posts in this thread for more detailed information of what has changed since v1.1.0, but in general:

- further Pale Moon 26 compatibility
- visual parity with modern Firefox versions
- redesigned add-ons manager
- Windows 8 and 10-specific styling
- additional toolbar icons for WinXP, Linux, Win8, Win10
- added hiDPI toolbar icons (untested)
- improved Linux styling

Now you can have the "true" Firefox experience! :) In particular, this uses elements from Firefox 42-46, and is designed to look as closely to Firefox as possible (with a few liberties here and there).

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: [Release] Australium v2.0.0

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-02-01, 00:45

Hey there Lootyhoof, I have a brother of mine who just loves Firefox (current Australis better) and all Gecko based/forked browsers, so I told him he should try out Pale Moon and he is.

Now with doing so with the Australium theme installed, he pointed out to me that the tab overflow arrows have no shading in the background to further distinguish the arrows when you have an overflow of tabs. Meaning it doesn't pop out which makes it hard to find, especially since the whole theme has an icon set of dark grey and on Windows Vista/7 without Aero is already a type of dark blue/gray.

Here:

Firefox
Tab Overflow with Firefox v44.0.jpg
Pale Moon with Australium
Tab Overflow with Pale Moon v26.0.0.jpg
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v2.0.1

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-02-06, 00:39

Australium v2.0.1 has been released.

What's new?
- fix toolbar styling in Aero Basic
- fix tabs-on-top icons for Windows XP/Windows Classic
- simulate Australis' tab-overflow-indicator

@LimboSlam: With regards to your favicon issue in the other thread, this is a website issue specifically, so nothing I can fix there. :)

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-02-06, 10:22

Yeah I figured that.

Whatever, who cares! Just thank you man, you covered the main issues and fixed them! Thanks a lot! Your the best! :thumbup:

Keep it up!! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Teyro

Unread post by Teyro » 2016-02-14, 08:48

Hi ;)

Thx for your work ;) So i am useing ArchLinux x64 with PaleMoon 26.X ...But ive got some issuses ;)

1. If i use the forward / backward Buttons i cant use the adressbar... I cant enter Adresses :( Ive i remove them the Adressbar works... ;)

2. I miss the new tab Icon in the Tabbar.... I know i cant add them but it is not behind the last tab.... It is in the right side :S

3. The Icons look a little bit to small compared to Firefox :S And the Bookmark Button is not the same like in Firefox :S Could you fix that?

Thanks for your work! Best wishes from Hamburg, Germany

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-02-14, 17:57

Teyro wrote:Hi ;)

Thx for your work ;) So i am useing ArchLinux x64 with PaleMoon 26.X ...But ive got some issuses ;)

1. If i use the forward / backward Buttons i cant use the adressbar... I cant enter Adresses :( Ive i remove them the Adressbar works... ;)

2. I miss the new tab Icon in the Tabbar.... I know i cant add them but it is not behind the last tab.... It is in the right side :S

3. The Icons look a little bit to small compared to Firefox :S And the Bookmark Button is not the same like in Firefox :S Could you fix that?

Thanks for your work! Best wishes from Hamburg, Germany
Can't confirm any of these issues, testing on Manjaro (Arch-based), though I did discover another issue relating to the opacity of the forward button which I will look into. Please try again on a clean profile.

Teyro

Unread post by Teyro » 2016-02-15, 19:10

Well thx for the fast reply ;)

I had to say that you are maybe wrong :S I have taken some Screenshots with a fresh and clean new profile.... Take a look ;) I only installed Austrium and surfed to a Page on my raspberry pi 2....

Hope that will help you understand my Problem :S Thank for reply ;)
Attachments
This is how the Adressbar is locked down.... :(
This is how the Adressbar is locked down.... :(
This is how the Adressbar works (with the workaround the | between <- and ->
This is how the Adressbar works (with the workaround the | between <- and ->
Spectacle.bw7877.png (3.67 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
And this is how the Bookmark Icon Look :S
And this is how the Bookmark Icon Look :S

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-02-16, 19:07

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. If you mean the way the forward button collapses into the address bar, this is by design. When the back button and forward button are directly adjacent to the address bar, the forward button will collapse into the address bar, until a forward command is available. This is to mimic the design in Firefox, which (by default!) presents this behaviour.

As for the bookmarks button, the icon you are referring to is from Firefox 28 and below; with Firefox 29, the bookmarks menu button changed to the one present in Australium.

Teyro

Unread post by Teyro » 2016-02-16, 19:22

Thx for reply ;)

Well maybe this is a language Problem... If the back/ forward Button is compinend, the Adressbar is locked... I cant use it :S if i put a seperator inside it works... Sry my english isnt better.....sorry sorry sorry

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-02-16, 19:31

Ah, I see! Can confirm the issue. :) I'll look into it. In the meantime, you can either use that workaround, or use the shortcut ctrl+L to access the address bar.

Teyro

Unread post by Teyro » 2016-02-16, 19:40

Thx and i thougt i was stoned, drunken and so on.... Do you want a steam gift key? or humble bundle key as thanks for your Gelduld (time that you spent for my problem)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v2.0.2

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-02-21, 00:29

Australium has been updated to v2.0.2.

What's new?
- add Linux-specific styling for many global styles
- Linux: provide correct clip-paths for combined back/forward/urlbar
- fix nav-bar border overlap with the selected tab when using a persona on non-compositor Windows and Linux

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v2.0.3

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-04-17, 19:21

Australium has been updated to v2.0.3.

What's new?
- re-add twisty PNGs for addon compatibility
- add autocomplete star

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v2.1.0

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-06-29, 23:17

Australium has been updated to v2.1.0. This release mainly focuses on implementing the unified close button icon (for much improved internal cleanliness), and implementing dark system theme detection for all operating systems.

I'd like to know the opinion of our Windows 10 users, also. Would you like Australium to remain as-is, or to look like its Windows 8 counterpart, colourful titlebars and all? Both options are currently available, where this currently isn't in Firefox. Do let me know, and it may result in Windows 10's Australium looking a lot more lively. :)

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: [Release] Australium v2.1.0

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-08-20, 03:34

Hi Lootyhoof.

There seems to be a slight/minor difference in for the blue border outlined in the URL bar when my pointer is focused, compared to Firefox's. See here:
UI difference in the URL bar (blue bordered).jpg
UI difference in the URL bar (blue bordered).jpg (20.39 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
UI difference in the URL bar (blue bordered of Firefox).jpg
UI difference in the URL bar (blue bordered of Firefox).jpg (20.63 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
Now as you can tell the way Pale Moon outlines the URL bar, it has a little bit of a vertical line leading to the backspace button, Firefox's doesn't. So I was wondering if this could be a bit fined tuned as it looks better, please. :)