[Release] Australium

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: [Release] Australium

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-08-05, 00:06

Hey there Lootyhoof, I got a little issue. But first, thanks for all your hard and awesome work on these wonderful themes! :thumbup: :)

For awhile, I've ignored this issue because as the web moves towards HTML5 video/audio, there is becoming less content to run Flash with. However, some websites haven't made that move, yet. It's especially annoying when you need to use Flash or Unity Web Player and you have this minor glitch:
Minor Fix.jpg
Minor Fix.jpg (40.41 KiB) Viewed 4791 times

Offending website: https://www.maketecheasier.com/chrome-os-vs-windows10s/
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-08-05, 00:31

Hmm..interesting. I'll take a look into it as I find time and get a fix released. :)

EDIT: Odd, I can't see this popup on that site. Are there other sites where this appears? Does this happen with other themes?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-05, 05:50

With the combination of "ask to activate" for flash, and allowing ads, the plugin indicator is shown briefly and then removed again on the default theme. A blank doorhanger like that means that the plugin it wants to ask permission for was present and has been removed again (probably using flash for tracking there). It's probably also got something to do with the fact that mixed active content is being blocked on that same page (meaning the ad networks in use are not compatible with https).
I'm not sure why the indicator wouldn't be removed again in your theme, since that is not something the theme itself touches?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-08-05, 22:58

Looking into this further (using Australium with Flash ask to activate and ads allowed), I don't see any issue on this page. The indicator briefly flashes as Moonchild mentions above, then goes again. If you manage to click the indicator before it goes away it opens the standard click-to-play plugin dialog (which shows correctly), though this of course also removes itself at the same time as the indicator.

LimboSlam, are you using any extensions which may cause this? Please try to disable them and see if the issue persists.

Also, not mentioned in your post (but can see in the screenshot and confirmed), I'll fix the margins on that close button for the doorhangers at some point too (I thought I'd done this a while ago to be honest...). :thumbup:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-08-06, 00:23

Well, that is the issue, I can't reproduce it. At least, not easily. I will try to find another website, disable any possible add-on conflicts, and report back.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

superA

Unread post by superA » 2017-08-07, 15:02

Off-topic:
Clearly off topic here, but I can't stand not asking this..
How did you manage to enable FF's tracking protection, in your browser ? :eh:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-08-07, 16:37

superA wrote:
Off-topic:
Clearly off topic here, but I can't stand not asking this..
How did you manage to enable FF's tracking protection, in your browser ? :eh:
Off-topic:
If you're referring to the shield icon in the address bar, that's not tracking protection, but instead mixed content blocking. At some point Mozilla decided to use the mixed content icon for tracking protection, though since that isn't in Pale Moon I took a few liberties. ;)

superA

Unread post by superA » 2017-08-07, 20:23

Thanks Looythoof, good to know.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-08-08, 02:08

Yeah, I have no idea how this appears or why? I am using Stratum 1.2.7.
Stratum.jpg
Stratum.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 4675 times
Stratum 2.jpg
Stratum 2.jpg (43 KiB) Viewed 4675 times
See offending website: https://www.facebook.com/BleepingComput ... 2931919543.

alex04
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by alex04 » 2017-09-27, 11:23

Looks like there is a problem with PM 27.5.0 and option "use a custom style". When enabled the colour in the preview is always bright green, doesnt matter what colour you choose. And in status bar the colour is still dark blue, the default one.

Tested with new profile with only Astralium installed

Im using 32bit PM 27.5.0 on W7 64bit.
Attachments
Brez naslova.png

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-09-27, 21:57

Thanks for reporting this. Looks like fallout from recent changes to the statusbar code - I'll look into it and hopefully get an update out soon.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-09-28, 06:43

alex04 wrote:Looks like there is a problem with PM 27.5.0 and option "use a custom style". When enabled the colour in the preview is always bright green, doesnt matter what colour you choose. And in status bar the colour is still dark blue, the default one.

Tested with new profile with only Australium installed
Lootyhoof wrote:Looks like fallout from recent changes to the statusbar code
I noticed exactly the same problem with PM 27.5.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 using these themes in a clean profile: Camimoon, XMoon, and Noia Moon.

(I picked those at random. Is the problem, then, with every theme?)

When I switched back to the Default theme (and restarted the browser), the problem went away.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-09-28, 21:49

Unfortunately, yes, this will affect all themes. I'll be working over time to get this fixed.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-10-20, 16:03

Australium has been updated to v4.0.1. This makes the minimum required Pale Moon version be 27.5.0.

What's new?
- fix statusbar progressmeter
- sync devtools styling with default

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-10-20, 18:54

Has the margins been fixed for the exit button?

Thanks again for the release! :thumbup:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-10-20, 19:31

LimboSlam wrote:Has the margins been fixed for the exit button?
What exit button is this? I don't recall being reported such an issue.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-10-20, 22:43

Lootyhoof wrote:What exit button is this? I don't recall being reported such an issue.
See here: viewtopic.php?p=125230#p118834. I believe it's still a reoccurring issue.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-10-20, 23:46

Ah, whoops, I did miss this. I'll fix it next time I get chance, sorry.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-10-21, 13:41

LimboSlam wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:What exit button is this? I don't recall being reported such an issue.
See here: viewtopic.php?p=125230#p118834. I believe it's still a reoccurring issue.
Hmm...it looks normal to me for basically any doorhanger notifications, see below as example:

Was this only an issue on that problematic popup (that I never could reproduce...)?

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-10-21, 21:08

Lootyhoof wrote:Hmm...it looks normal to me for basically any doorhanger notifications.... Was this only an issue on that problematic popup (that I never could reproduce...)?

The doorhangers I am reproducing are flash based, sorry about the miscommunication. But uhh..I thought I had included a link? See below please:
Test site.jpg
Test site.jpg (44.73 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
https://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Action/Play ... ult-4.html
Test site #2.jpg
Test site #2.jpg (44.34 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
https://www.silvergames.com/en/police-pursuit-3d
Test site #3.jpg
Test site #3.jpg (45.88 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/span_allie/