Problem with Kempelton Reloaded theme

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Problem with Kempelton Reloaded theme

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-10, 17:40

I hate being the bearer of bad news again, but I'm having a problem with the Kempelton Reloaded theme on Linux (I don't know if this problem exists on Windows or not; I'll check if you'd like me to). When using the Kempelton Reloaded theme, clicking the Download Status indicator (which I have on the Status bar) doesn't work. It doesn't bring up the little status window.
Last edited by ron_1 on 2015-05-10, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Problem with Kempelton Reloaded theme

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-10, 19:19

Do you mean the widget called "Download Status" or the one simply called "Downloads"? To my knowledge, you can't click the Download Status icon due to it auto-hiding when there isn't anything downloading, but the Download icon can always be clicked to bring up the panel.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-10, 21:58

Hi Lootyhoof. It is the "Download Status" one I am talking about. When setting up Palemoon, I open up Customize Toolbar and drag the "Download" one (next to the search bar) into it to get rid of it. Then I put "Download Status" on the status bar, on the bottom (right-hand side). Then I go to Tools >> Status bar options, Download tab, and check "Always show the Download Status indicator."

When using the Kempelton Reloaded theme, clicking on the "Download Status" indicator doesn't work, both with and without a download going on. Without any downloads going on, there should still be a small window that opens and says "Show all Downloads." See image below (this image is with the Fox 2 the Moon theme installed). Another weird thing about it is with every other click on it, the size of the status bar increases by a few pixels, and then goes back to the correct size once the click is released.
Screenshot.jpg
EDIT:
I just installed the theme on Windows PM to test it. I get the status window when clicking on Download Status, so that works, but the every other click problem increasing the status bar size is in Windows also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-11, 20:52

Cannot reproduce this (the panel not appearing) on Manjaro, at least.

As for the button size on clicking, I'll look into it.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-14, 00:06

Hi Lootyhoof. The 4.5.0 update has fixed the "every other click" problem. But I still don't get the download dialog when clicking on Download status, even with a download in progress.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-14, 10:16

As mentioned above, I can't reproduce this. What distribution are you running?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-14, 22:07

Linux Mint 17.1 Xfce 64 bit

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-19, 16:46

Still cannot confirm this.

Please try again after disabling all other add-ons.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-20, 00:20

Lootyhoof wrote:
Please try again after disabling all other add-ons.
Tried it with add-ons disabled. Still didn't work. My add-ons (all up to date):

Extensions
Adblock Latitude
Download Helper
NoScript

Plugins
Flash Player

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-20, 12:42

Odd...none of these should affect the download panel at all.

Could you try on a fresh profile?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-23, 03:13

A fresh profile still does not fix it. Since making a new profile puts the (regular) download arrow by the search bar, I tried clicking on that, and that doesn't work also. Then I dragged Download into the Customize Toolbar window, and placed Download Status on the status bar, as I usually do, and that button still doesn't work, either. Tried with the new version 4.5.1.

Some thoughts: Could it be because I'm using 64 bit Palemoon? Could it have something to do with Xfce?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-23, 14:38

helloimustbegoing wrote:Could it be because I'm using 64 bit Palemoon? Could it have something to do with Xfce?
Doubt it, the above screenshot I took was on Linux Mint Xfce.

To be honest, I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. But since you're the only person that's reported it (assuming this means an isolated incident) and I can't reproduce it, there's not really much I can do, I'm afraid. You could try changing the button action in the status bar options to see if that changes anything (set it to "Panel"):

Failing that, you could change the above to "Classic" to open the classic-style downloads window, or enable that permanently in Options (General - use the classic download window).

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-05-23, 16:49

Lootyhoof wrote:
To be honest, I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. But since you're the only person that's reported it (assuming this means an isolated incident) and I can't reproduce it, there's not really much I can do, I'm afraid. You could try changing the button action in the status bar options to see if that changes anything (set it to "Panel"):
I have been thinking for a while that this is an isolated incident (that I'm the only one having this problem). Of course, that intrigues me to no end, and I'd like to find out what it is about my setup that is causing this problem. But since I'm not a power-user, I don't know how to find the problem out.

I tried your workaround (changing the setting to "Panel"), but that didn't solve the problem either. I guess we'll just have to mark this as "UNRESOLVED - WORKS FOR EVERYONE ELSE." :) Thanks for taking the time to try resolving this problem for me. :thumbup:

I've been using your Fox 2 the Moon theme on Linux, and have come to like the way it looks better than Kempelton anyway.