360 Total Security doesn't like PMChrome theme

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

danielson
Fanatic
Fanatic

360 Total Security doesn't like PMChrome theme

Unread post by danielson » 2015-03-25, 12:37

As some say, the fact that this excellent software program use multiple AV services can lead to more false positives...
It just bugs me to see constant notifications about PMChrome, even if "whilelisted" it.

BTW, don't have this issue with other PM themes.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: 360 Total Security doesn't like PMChrome theme

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-25, 18:47

More information is needed here, I'm afraid. What do you mean? What are the notifications? I'm assuming you mean the .xpi file, yes?

As an aside I can guarantee it's safe (assuming you got it from the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site or my GitHub repo, of course), but I'm still not exactly sure what's wrong here.

danielson
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by danielson » 2015-03-26, 00:37

This is getting really strange.
Anyway, here's a sample of "error" message.
But the previous were with regards to the theme addon which don't seem to be anymore.

BTW, have only installed directly from PM website.
Attachments
1.jpg

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-26, 16:47

That doesn't appear to be an issue with the theme at all but moreso with the security software you're using, unfortunately. The theme is a collection of CSS and PNG files; there's nothing that can change anything of any kind, whatsoever (other than the look of the UI, of course). ;)

danielson
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by danielson » 2015-03-26, 18:24

Kind of figured it would be nothing serious.
It's just that it doesn't give warnings of the sort for other browsers that have add-ons too.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-26, 19:32

It's likely that nannybot software like that has special case rules for the "big" browsers to prevent these kind of support requests from their paranoid software on common user applications...
The error message doesn't make much sense to begin with. The uninstall helper shouldn't even run unless you are uninstalling the browser so the "360" software is obviously already making a wrong association there. Or maybe this is a queued alert from having the browser update itself... in any case, Pale Moon normally DOES check the windows registry (to see if it's the default browser, for example) and the upgrade process will read and write to the registry as is normal. You shouldn't need any process monitoring on your registry to begin with, really.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite