[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-28, 01:54

hansen111 wrote:Hello Lootyhoof,

Could you please make Qute Classic 4.0.1 compatible with Pale Moon?

Several times now I've gone to the Mozilla addons site, clicked the green "Add To Firefox" button for this theme but then the following message always appears:

"Qute Classic could not be installed because it is not compatible with Pale Moon 25.3.1"

It would be great to have this available again. Thank you.
Apologies for not noticing this earlier.

Unless it's radically different, I'd suggest using Qute 4 PM, which is linked in the first post of this topic. :)

Edit: I see it does look a little diifferent. I'll consider it.
Last edited by Lootyhoof on 2015-03-28, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2015-03-28, 11:40

Keep up the good work Lootyhoof ! :thumbup:

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-03-28, 12:34

Is it possible for you to replace the Mozilla Firefox icon in PMChrome with a Pale Moon icon?
The "Firefox icon" in PMChrome is not a Firefox icon, actually, but instead a "cloud", which in the eyes of some beholders, may look to be Firefox.

FYI: PMChrome version 1-0-2 appears to be very broken in the current build of Pale Moon for Atom/WinXP.

EDIT: All is fixed in version 1-0-3. And the new Pale Moon icon is much nicer in appearance than the old icon. Many thanks Lootyhoof for continued great work. :thumbup:
Last edited by riiis on 2015-03-29, 12:20, edited 2 times in total.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-03-28, 13:30

MacOSX Theme (Firefox 4+) is a unique and attractive complete theme that runs out-of-the-box in Pale Moon. There are no Australis versions of this add-on.
MacOSX Theme.jpg

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-28, 13:52

Supernova wrote:Keep up the good work Lootyhoof ! :thumbup:
Thanks! :) Glad this work is appreciated.
riiis wrote:
Is it possible for you to replace the Mozilla Firefox icon in PMChrome with a Pale Moon icon?
The "Firefox icon" in PMChrome is not a Firefox icon, actually, but instead a "cloud", which in the eyes of some beholders, may look to be Firefox.

FYI: PMChrome version 1-0-2 appears to be very broken in the current build of Pale Moon for Atom/WinXP.
pmchrome-1-0-2.jpg
Ah, my bad, I made a typo in the code. Whoops. :oops: Version 1.0.3 is now on GitHub and should solve this.
riiis wrote:MacOSX Theme (Firefox 4+) is a unique and attractive complete theme that runs out-of-the-box in Pale Moon. There are no Australis versions of this add-on.
MacOSX Theme.jpg
Thanks, I'll look into it.

hansen111

Unread post by hansen111 » 2015-03-28, 15:39

Lootyhoof wrote:
hansen111 wrote:Hello Lootyhoof,

Apologies for not noticing this earlier.

Unless it's radically different, I'd suggest using Qute 4 PM, which is linked in the first post of this topic. :)

Edit: I see it does look a little diifferent. I'll consider it.

Hi Lootyhoof,

Thank you for considering my suggestion. As you alluded to the back/forward, reload and home icons in Qute Classic are large and prominent (and I'd grown accustomed to them for that reason.)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-28, 21:45

riiis wrote:MacOSX Theme (Firefox 4+) is a unique and attractive complete theme that runs out-of-the-box in Pale Moon. There are no Australis versions of this add-on.
MacOSX Theme.jpg
This is now done, and on GitHub. :)

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2015-03-29, 15:03

I'd like to entertain work on the Qute Classic theme. Any of these would be great:
(basically I like the round (non-square/attached) buttons)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... e-classic/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... src=search

:)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-29, 19:06

For now, I've forked Qute 3++, and it's now on GitHub. :) I hope at some point to release a version of that using the same, larger icons as Qute Classic too, though, as it would require too much effort bringing Qute Classic itself up to standard, as it's only compatible with Firefox 4.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2015-03-29, 20:18

I am using the White Moon theme. With the Windows Classic theme, the 'Pale Moon button' (the button located top-right of the window) is barely visible, almost not at all. With the Windows 7 Basic theme, the button is certainly more visible, but definitely not very much. With the Windows 7 Aero theme, the button is between the other two. If this is the way it's supposed to be, sorry to waste your time reading this post. It doesn't matter to me all that much anyway, because the button works just fine, and I know that it's there..
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-29, 22:30

Technically, that's intentional (as in the theme it's based on, Simple White, made it that way), but I agree it doesn't look nice. I'll make it clearer for another release. :)

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2015-03-29, 22:51

Cool beans. I never used the original theme, so I didn't know it was supposed to be like that. Like I said, it matters not much to me since I know it's there and it works just fine anyway. I guess it would be nice to see something there though. Maybe an enable/disable option? I don't know if that's even possible..

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-29, 23:02

I've actually just pushed v1.0.1 to my GitHub, so go check that out and see if it solves your issue. :thumbup:

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2015-03-30, 00:55

I seem to be having some difficulty downloading the contents of the 'src' folder. If I can't upload or download something by FTP, or by just a few mouse clicks, I'm pretty much stuck in the mud. I am quite impressed by your responsiveness though! :thumbup:

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-03-30, 01:06

Click "releases", then click the xpi file, then click Raw or View Raw

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2015-03-30, 01:40

:lol: @ myself

Thanks riiis

Lootyhoof, nice! I like it! :thumbup:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-30, 12:13

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

I should note that the following themes have been updated on GitHub:

- Darkness
- Fox 2 The Moon
- PMOpera

These are just minor updates to pre-empt the new mixed padlock state to be introduced in an upcoming Pale Moon version. No other themes are affected, as I included this change in them already.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-30, 14:55

edrtf20 wrote:Maybe you could look into this theme?

Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+ Reloaded!

Currently it works fine with Palemoon, but it may benefit from debloating and/or tweaking for the Palemoon interface. (and perhaps integrating the tab style, identity box styling and dropmarker fix userscripts if possible).
This is now done, and on GitHub. Sorry for the wait!

I've integrated most of the userstyles into the theme, and fixed them up, too. I didn't add the dropmarker one, though, as it breaks if you don't have the extension installed. I've fixed it up though, so it now works for small icon mode, and placed it on GitHub also.

Enjoy! :)

edrtf20

Unread post by edrtf20 » 2015-03-31, 03:27

This is now done, and on GitHub. Sorry for the wait!

I've integrated most of the userstyles into the theme, and fixed them up, too. I didn't add the dropmarker one, though, as it breaks if you don't have the extension installed. I've fixed it up though, so it now works for small icon mode, and placed it on GitHub also.
Great :)

Now I only have to have one script instead of three, and I am OK with that. Looks like you also made the padlock in the address bar more legible as well which is another benefit.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-31, 16:16

riiis wrote: The "Noia 4" theme and extension is very similar to Noia Fox, in both features and appearance. Noia 4 has more locales available than Noia Fox, however. Unfortunately, Noia 4 was removed from AMO, by its author, several months ago. So an original Noia 4 xpi file can no longer be downloaded from AMO, from which to port. Thus, porting of Noia 4 to Pale Moon, if undertaken, would have to be undertaken from available copies.

Noia 4 options extension provides only 5 locales (English, French, German, Italian, and Swedish). Noia Fox options provides even less (just English and French). So, Noia 4 might be preferred for porting because of its wider language coverage. On the other hand, Noia Fox might be easier to port.
This is now done, and on GitHub. :)