[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: [Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by Falna » 2017-05-20, 19:29

Lootyhoof wrote:
Pale as the Moon wrote: 3) The title bar still isn't covered by the theme at all.
We can't draw in the titlebar, period. These points are not possible.
However some further customization is possible using a userChrome.css file - for example this is how my White Moon looks (in Windows - it looks similar in Linux but with matching control buttons top right, rather than the ugly Windows ones):
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2484&p=64380#p64380

Some more info on the css file here: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7674&start=360#p87469

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-05-20, 19:45

Falna wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:
Pale as the Moon wrote: 3) The title bar still isn't covered by the theme at all.
We can't draw in the titlebar, period. These points are not possible.
However some further customization is possible using a userChrome.css file - for example this is how my White Moon looks (in Windows - it looks similar in Linux but with matching control buttons top right, rather than the ugly Windows ones):
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2484&p=64380#p64380

Some more info on the css file here: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7674&start=360#p87469
The point that you're replying to is in reference to macOS, not Windows. We have full control of the titlebar in Windows, but not Linux and only in a very broken way on macOS (in the sense that if we try to draw there it removes the caption buttons).

Pale as the Moon

Unread post by Pale as the Moon » 2017-05-21, 23:20

Lootyhoof, are you investigating the issue of bookmark bar icons/favicons blowing up to huge sizes on the Mac? Any results?

Pale Moon 27.3.0 for Mac is out now, will give White Moon ver. 2.0 another try & will give feedback in case the issue still persists.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-05-22, 23:00

Pale as the Moon wrote:Lootyhoof, are you investigating the issue of bookmark bar icons/favicons blowing up to huge sizes on the Mac? Any results?

Pale Moon 27.3.0 for Mac is out now, will give White Moon ver. 2.0 another try & will give feedback in case the issue still persists.
Is this issue in the new version?

If so, is there anything in common about the issue in terms of how it occurs? Do all the icons get bigger or only some? Do you have a screenshot?

Pale as the Moon

Unread post by Pale as the Moon » 2017-05-24, 06:51

Lootyhoof wrote:Is this issue in the new version?

If so, is there anything in common about the issue in terms of how it occurs? Do all the icons get bigger or only some? Do you have a screenshot?
I'm sorry, I failed to take a screenshot when the issue was there. Currently the issue is not present (Pale Moon 27.3, White Moon 2.0, OS X 10.11.6), but then again this was the case with Pale Moon 27.2.1 as well for a month or so. I expect the issue to reappear though. Going back to White Moon 1.6.4, updating to Pale Moon 27.3 and updating to White Moon 2.0 once more seems to have fixed it for now.

Still, please investigate it, Lootyhoof. Should you have changed any code in relation to the bookmarks bar during the transition White Moon 1.6.4 -> 2.0 I suggest you revert this change.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-06-06, 10:11

There are some issues with XMoon theme (1.5.1). The theme is picking up background, selection and highlight colors from the system theme, and in some cases these colors may not play so well with the other theme colors.

1. Text is almost unreadable in the menus. So probably theme should define a color for the menu background.

2. Text selection and highlight color in the images below is red-ish (taken from system theme). It should ideally be theme blue.

My Setup: I'm using Numix GTK theme with XFCE desktop environment on Arch Linux. Pale Moon version: 27.1.1

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-06, 14:25

Aeromoon, Compact Moon (theme only), Darkness, DarkPitch, Fox 2 The Moon, Littlemoon, Maxi3, Maxi4, MicroMoon, Moonfox3, Moonola, Nauticalia, Noia Moon (theme only), Opresto, PMChrome, PMOpera, Qute Large, Qute Legacy, reinheit, Tangomoon, Tangerinemoon, White Moon and XMoon have been updated. Details for other themes will follow in their respective threads. This is primarily to add full support for Pale Moon 27.3's Permissions Manager, while in many cases improving styling in about:support ("Troubleshooting Information" page) and fixing double "learn more" links in notification popups.

Full details can be find in the changelogs on the respective theme's GitHub repos.
adesh wrote:There are some issues with XMoon theme (1.5.1). The theme is picking up background, selection and highlight colors from the system theme, and in some cases these colors may not play so well with the other theme colors.

1. Text is almost unreadable in the menus. So probably theme should define a color for the menu background.

2. Text selection and highlight color in the images below is red-ish (taken from system theme). It should ideally be theme blue.

My Setup: I'm using Numix GTK theme with XFCE desktop environment on Arch Linux. Pale Moon version: 27.1.1
I saw this just before I released, so was able to slip in a quick fix for the main issue here (illegible text). This in particular should be fixed in v1.6.0. :thumbup: Further research will be required for the selected text styling. Thanks for the report!

For the record though, for the time being I cannot fully support dark system themes in combination with this theme, as it is not yet fully optimised for use on Linux. This will hopefully come in time.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-06-11, 06:30

Lootyhoof wrote:I saw this just before I released, so was able to slip in a quick fix for the main issue here (illegible text). This in particular should be fixed in v1.6.0. :thumbup: Further research will be required for the selected text styling. Thanks for the report!
Thanks for listening and making the changes to improve the theme's usability on dark system themes. However, I cannot find the updated version on http://addons.palemoon.org/addon/xmoon/. The add-ons site still prompts the older version to install - "Install XMoon 1.5.1".
Normally how long does it take for the updated theme to appear on APO?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-11, 10:15

adesh wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:I saw this just before I released, so was able to slip in a quick fix for the main issue here (illegible text). This in particular should be fixed in v1.6.0. :thumbup: Further research will be required for the selected text styling. Thanks for the report!
Thanks for listening and making the changes to improve the theme's usability on dark system themes. However, I cannot find the updated version on http://addons.palemoon.org/addon/xmoon/. The add-ons site still prompts the older version to install - "Install XMoon 1.5.1".
Normally how long does it take for the updated theme to appear on APO?
Whoops, I'd uploaded it but hadn't updated the details server side.

It should be available now. Sorry for the confusion!

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-23, 13:07

Lootyhoof wrote: It should be available now. Sorry for the confusion!
Lootyhoof, I am using Darkness theme but the "check" marks on "Restore Session" page are hard to see (because their colors are black in black background).
They should be white or grey.

Another issues:
2. "Stop/cancel Download" button in Download notification (if you press Download toolbar icon, it would show up).

Thanks.

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-24, 03:09

Latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof, I am using Darkness theme but the "check" marks on "Restore Session" page are hard to see (because their colors are black in black background).

Thanks.
restore_session.png

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-24, 18:24

Latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote: It should be available now. Sorry for the confusion!

Another issues:
2. "Stop/cancel Download" button in Download notification (if you press Download toolbar icon, it would show up).

Thanks.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

For the second issue, can you show me what you're referring to? The stop download button is present:

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-25, 01:10

Lootyhoof wrote:
For the second issue, can you show me what you're referring to? The stop download button is present:

This is it.

Why is it only blank grey button?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-25, 08:46

Latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:

This is it.

Why is it only blank grey button?
The icon for a stop button, especially within media, is universally recognised as a blank square.

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-25, 10:03

Lootyhoof wrote:The icon for a stop button, especially within media, is universally recognised as a blank square.
I see.

It confuses some advanced users because the context here is computing ("Downloading"), not media (audio-video) for sure. :)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-25, 18:01

Latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:The icon for a stop button, especially within media, is universally recognised as a blank square.
I see.

It confuses some advanced users because the context here is computing ("Downloading"), not media (audio-video) for sure. :)
I'm afraid the industry at large disagrees with you. ;)

Even the default theme uses standard play/pause icons (rotated triangle/double vertical bars) for download actions.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-29, 20:45

Darkness has been updated to v1.7.0.

What's new?
- use correct checkboxes on about:sessionrestore
- add KUI close button
- add about:home styling for Home Styler
- fix download indicator styling
- darken category icons in about:addons created by extensions
- style radio panes globally as in Preferences window
- add smaller toolbar image for extension compatibility
- sync devtools styling with default-27.4.0
- use smaller image document favicon
- cleanup download status indicator styling
- remove Social API components

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-30, 12:38

Lootyhoof wrote:Darkness has been updated to v1.7.0.

What's new?
- use correct checkboxes on about:sessionrestore
- add KUI close button
- add about:home styling for Home Styler
- fix download indicator styling
- darken category icons in about:addons created by extensions
- style radio panes globally as in Preferences window
- add smaller toolbar image for extension compatibility
- sync devtools styling with default-27.4.0
- use smaller image document favicon
- cleanup download status indicator styling
- remove Social API components
Lootyhoof, thanks for the update.

Two questions: 1. Is the "About Pale Moon" window intended to be all "dark" (I mean, only show the texts)?

2. Could Pale Moon's theme engine show "fading effect" in tab title (like in Firefox's FT DeepDark)?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-30, 20:01

Latitude wrote:1. Is the "About Pale Moon" window intended to be all "dark" (I mean, only show the texts)?
I'm...not sure what you mean here.

Latitude wrote:2. Could Pale Moon's theme engine show "fading effect" in tab title (like in Firefox's FT DeepDark)?
Most likely, though I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you show me?

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-07-01, 10:46

Lootyhoof wrote:I'm...not sure what you mean here.

In "Darkness" theme.
about_pm_darkness.png
Lootyhoof wrote: Most likely, though I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you show me?
illuminati_card_game.png
illuminati_card_game.png (2.11 KiB) Viewed 2189 times