[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-10-08, 21:24

Aeromoon, Fox 2 The Moon and Moonfox3 have been updated. Please see the respective changelogs on GitHub for details.

scorpie

Unread post by scorpie » 2017-10-13, 21:15

Hi,

I really like the Darkness Theme. I just have some problems with the small gaps between the extensions icons on the right side of the addressbar.
Is it possible to make the gaps a bit wider. See pics.

old
darkness-old.jpg
new
darkness-new.jpg
Thanks
scorpie

edit:
Just right after posting I found a solution I can live with. Didn't know that I can add some spacers between them.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-06, 00:39

Maxi3, Maxi4, Opresto, PMChrome and PMOpera have all been updated. Please see the changelogs on GitHub for more full details. This is a major release, though mostly related to under-the-hood changes. That doesn't mean that changes aren't noticeable, though. ;) One of the major ones people may notice is that we now style dark personas better! See the below, rendered in PMChrome on Linux:

Speaking of Linux, users there will see plenty of improvements, especially related to menus (which in a few cases looked downright unusable before), but we also get private browsing indicators, so you can know what mode you're in. :) The application menu (Pale Moon button) styling for each theme is also improved, or if it wasn't there before (i.e. Opresto/PMOpera), it has been added.

Speaking of the Opera themes, they've received a lot of love, especially their application menus. Opresto's in particular has had a fairly large makeover, to make it look more like Opera 12.x. See below, on Windows 7:

While PMOpera didn't receive as big of a makeover, it does also use the application icon to the same effect in the menu, the same way that Opera does.

For our Mac friends also, these releases add basic support for OS X. It may be a little rough around the edges, however does now work.

Enjoy! :)

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-11-06, 04:16

Lootyhoof wrote:Maxi3, Maxi4, Opresto, PMChrome and PMOpera have all been updated. … This is a major release, though mostly related to under-the-hood changes.… One of the major ones people may notice is that we now style dark personas better!
Hey, thanks for all the hard work. So grateful that you are doing this! :mrgreen:
I noticed for all of them, issues of the menu bar not showing the persona, but remaining gray, are gone! Hooray! :clap:
I regret to report, however that, testing these new themes in 27.6.0a1 (2017-10-29) x86_64 on Ubuntu 14.04 showed some probs still, at least on my system. :silent:

The biggest one is with PMOpera. It actually completely broke TreeStyleTabs:
Image(Click on thumbnail to enlarge.)

On some others, I discovered double-writing in the menu in a selected persona. Here's Maxi3:
The same issue appears in Maxi4...
...as well as PMChrome.

(As I say, in other personas, however, the new releases do the menu bar text just fine, but I wanted to show you an example of one that didn't work.)

For comparison, here's how it looks in the Default theme...

...and in Camimoon, which also does it correctly:

The good news is that Opresto looks great, and it render the text correctly in my chosen persona.
It does the menu bar the way it should (same as Default). (And PMOpera, although it broke TST, you can see in the earlier illustration that it also rendered the menu bar text properly.)

So to summarize:
  1. PMOpera breaks TreeStyleTabs (but menu bar text is correct)
  2. Maxi3 has double-writing in menu bar
  3. Maxi4 has double-writing in menu bar
  4. PMChrome has double-writing in menu bar
  5. Opresto looks great! (Menu bar text is correct) :thumbup:
  6. Camimoon still looks great! ;)
Looking forward to fixes (esp. PMOpera). Thanks again for all your hard work!!!
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-06, 21:49

Maxi3, Maxi4, Opresto, PMChrome and PMOpera have all been updated. Please see the changelogs on GitHub for more full details. This improves compatibility with personas on Linux (in the case of Maxi3, Maxi4 and PMChrome), fixes Tree Style Tab (in the case of PMOpera), and fixes titlebar margins on Windows when tabs are in titlebar (in the case of Opresto).

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-11-08, 03:53

Lootyhoof wrote:Maxi3, Maxi4, Opresto, PMChrome and PMOpera have all been updated
Wow! That was crazy-fast turnaround time! And it looks like you fixed all the issues. Thanks! Great job! :thumbup: :clap:
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-11-12, 19:54

I found that Moonola did not work with Mac Pale Moon. The back and forward buttons did not appear on the navigation toolbar.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-12, 21:06

Moonola has not yet been adapted to Mac. I may look into this once I start working on that theme.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-11-14, 06:12

Themes have to be adapted to a particular platform? The 9 themes that I am using now with Pale Moon are fine. I did have to do a little patching in places with one (renaming files), but it worked out.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-14, 10:47

Yes. Themes that I have already released major updates for in the past few months will work as I've already ported them, but others may not. In plenty of cases (but not all) they're simply broken otherwise.

GoldenSixties

Unread post by GoldenSixties » 2017-11-18, 10:59

Maxi4 2.0.1 has a bug: If one right-clicks a bookmark, a context menu is expected. Instead Maxi4 immediately opens a new tab and loads the target URL.

I'm using PM 27.6.1 under Linux.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-18, 22:17

Maxi3, Maxi4, Qute 4 PM, Qute Large and Qute Legacy have been updated. Please check the changelogs on GitHub for full details.

Of note, the updates to Qute Large and Qute Legacy now provide HiDPI-capable toolbar icons, so they're not quite as blurred when on a higher density display. :)
GoldenSixties wrote:Maxi4 2.0.1 has a bug: If one right-clicks a bookmark, a context menu is expected. Instead Maxi4 immediately opens a new tab and loads the target URL.

I'm using PM 27.6.1 under Linux.
This has been fixed in this release.

GoldenSixties

Unread post by GoldenSixties » 2017-11-19, 14:25

Thanks for the quick fix, Lootyhoof!

I've found another bug in Maxi4 2.0.2: Right-clicking a bookmark in the bookmarklist ("bookmark-overflow" on the right side or however this is called) gives a deactivated context menu.
This doesn't happen if the bookmark resides in the bookmark bar right below the address bar:
contextmenu.jpg

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-19, 19:18

Can't confirm this. Have you tried with another GTK theme (I've tried with several and can't seem to reproduce)?

GoldenSixties

Unread post by GoldenSixties » 2017-11-20, 12:52

Strange.
I had Australium applied before and haven't seen that behaviour.

Last night I ran my weekly maintenance and applied all updates/patches/fixes and everything's fine now.

fwiw: I'm running Antergos with the XFCE desktop and a Numix theme + buttons.

Thanks for looking at it!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-22, 21:50

Maxi3 and Maxi4 have both been updated to v2.0.3, for a small fix on Windows and OS X.

What's new?
- restore Maxthon-style context menu styling on Windows + OS X

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-12-21, 20:15

Just in time for the holidays, Compact Moon and Compact Moon Options have been updated to v2.0.0 and v2.0.1 respectively. This is a significant update for this theme/extension, as in addition to several fixes, we now have several additional icon packs from several of my other themes present in Compact Moon Options, as well as a fully dedicated dark mode! :) Please note that both the theme and extension should be updated at the same time, as they are not compatible with older versions of each other.

What's new?
- add dark mode (replaces "dark OS colors" mode)
- add Google Chrome icon set (from PMChrome)
- add Kempelton icon set (from Kempelton Reloaded)
- add Maxthon 3 icon set (from Maxi3)
- add Maxthon 4 icon set (from Maxi4)
- add Opera (Chromium) icon set (from PMOpera)
- add Opera (Presto) icon set (from Opresto)
- add Qute icon set (from Qute 4 PM)
- add White Moon icon set
- fix statusbar progressmeter
- add about:plugins styling
- improve downloads indicator styling
- improve white back/forward arrow styling with specific configurations in Compact Moon Options
- set RSS icon to appear in urlbar by default
- sync devtools styling with default
- sync doorhanger popup styling with default
- sync about:addons styling with default
- Win10: draw a background on the main window to improve accent color detection
- Linux: improve text legibility in menubar and menus
- Linux: redesign appmenu button
- Linux/macOS: fix scrollbars
- macOS: improve general compatibility
- major cleanup

Note that Compact Moon Options 2.0.1 was to fix a small oversight in the add-on metadata, so is largely the same as 2.0.0.

Enjoy!

Macca
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Macca » 2018-01-05, 15:55

Honestly, I've never been able to go back to any other theme after trying Compact Moon (besides some specific shenanigans with userChrome.css), but still I was wondering, is there any way to get the tabs below the navigation bar without getting the titlebar shown (on Win7)?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-01-07, 11:07

Macca wrote:is there any way to get the tabs below the navigation bar without getting the titlebar shown (on Win7)?
It's possible with userChrome.css, but clunky. You can edit the top margin of #navigator-toolbox, but you'd need to watch out for both the caption buttons and the appmenu obscuring the interface. It's also not possible to do this with the menu bar enabled.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-01-07, 17:21

Not sure if this would work but I use Hide Caption Titlebar Plus 2.8.7rc to remove the title bar and it works with all of my themes. :angel:
Screenshot - 1_7_2018 , 10_17_52 AM.png
There are a bunch of settings available depending on whether you want the menu bar or button.