[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-06-30, 19:12

Can't confirm it as a theme issue.

Are you using some sort of third-party system theme? The above screenshot was made using the reg values you provided in the other thread - ruling out anything else.

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2016-07-01, 01:35

No, just a custom userChrome.css - did that so long ago that I'd forgotten, or I'd have thought to mention it.
But it still worked fine until the update (think I was on v1.2) - and it works fine if I revert back to v1.1.1 (happen to have kept a local copy of that).
File attached with extension changed.
Attachments
userChrome.css.txt
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-07-01, 06:51

Well that would explain then XD

Code: Select all

#main-window[windowtype="navigator:browser"] {
    background-color: #FBFBFB !important;
}

#nav-bar {
    background-color: #FBFBFB !important;
    margin-bottom: -2px !important;
}
You're overriding the accent colored background with an off-white, while the browser now detects the accent color and changes text accordingly to white. You probably just have to add an override for text color to get back to business with your off-white background?
Lootyhoof: that should be picked up by the icons automagically as well, right, if I understand the navbar-based-on-toolbar-color juggling that's going on now correctly...?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-07-01, 07:50

Glad we managed to find the culprit. :)

As for the toolbar detection, White Moon does do slightly more... If it's on a transparent toolbar (i.e. navbar while tabs on bottom) then it's a bit more rigourous in changing the images, to suit window frame metrics better.

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2016-07-01, 14:12

Moonchild wrote:You're overriding the accent colored background with an off-white, while the browser now detects the accent color and changes text accordingly to white.
So the earlier version of White Moon blocked the browser from changing the text color, and this block has now been removed.
And the new version is supposed to change the icon color as well as the text color.
So I guess that these are intentional changes to the theme that make it work better for less awkward users than me...
Moonchild wrote:You probably just have to add an override for text color to get back to business with your off-white background?
Yes, I could certainly do that to fix the text. What do I need to override to change the icons? (And will that only affect the White Moon icons? Other icons are unaffected by this.)

By the way, the help is appreciated :)

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-07-01, 19:07

Falna wrote:So the earlier version of White Moon blocked the browser from changing the text color, and this block has now been removed.
And the new version is supposed to change the icon color as well as the text color.
Quite the opposite - older versions didn't change based on the window colour. But when the option was added to Pale Moon to detect dark toolbars/window frames, I took it upon myself to add it to the theme.
Falna wrote:What do I need to override to change the icons? (And will that only affect the White Moon icons? Other icons are unaffected by this.)
The following will change the text colour, which should then affect the display of the icons:

#toolbar-menubar:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
#TabsToolbar[tabsontop=true]:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
#nav-bar[tabsontop=false]:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
#nav-bar + #customToolbars + #PersonalToolbar[collapsed=true] + #TabsToolbar[tabsontop=false]:last-child:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
  color: black !important;
}
Though, this will still result in the opacity of the icons changing when the window is inactive. If this is an issue, it can be fixed via CSS still. :)

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2016-07-06, 17:11

Thanks for your help Lootyhoof; good to have everything running as expected again :)

Forked extensions :

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-07-13, 18:44

White Moon has been updated to v1.4.1. This is just a quick-fix release to make the tab close button icons look correct. Sorry!

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2016-07-20, 00:03

Lootyhoof wrote:Aeromoon has been updated to v1.1.2, to fix the above-mentioned issues. :)
Hi Lootyhoof:

On Aeromoon, is there any easy way to create a forward button that is separate from the back button? Basically what I'd love is either is twin back/forward round blue buttons, or a smaller round forward button (like your Qute theme is set up). Is that possible?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-07-20, 19:17

JodyThornton wrote:On Aeromoon, is there any easy way to create a forward button that is separate from the back button?
There's not, unfortunately. These are joined to act the same as the unified back/forward button of Firefox 3.
JodyThornton wrote:Basically what I'd love is either is twin back/forward round blue buttons, or a smaller round forward button (like your Qute theme is set up). Is that possible?
These types of icons appear when in icons+text mode. You could enable this, then remove the text:

.toolbarbutton-1 > .toolbarbutton-text {
  display: none !important;
}

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2016-07-20, 19:33

I'll try that this evening. Thanks Lootyhoof
:)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-07-25, 20:41

XMoon has been updated to v1.3.0. This version makes some major changes to the titlebar area, to fix issues with the window titles. Users on Windows 7 and above using compositor mode (Win7: Aero, Win8+: default) will see the biggest change, as we now use a native-style titlebar:

As shown, those on Windows Classic/Aero Basic/any XP theme (i.e. non-compositor) system themes are largely unaffected, and still use the Mac style for the titlebar.

This release also fixes some issues with tab close buttons not showing correctly.

Enjoy! :)

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2016-07-25, 23:33

Kempelton is excellent as usual. Curious as to why Aeromoon looks so different from 1.1.2 though? With tabs on top (I never use tabs this way, was only testing the theme), I've noticed a subtle white glow around the bookmarks and menubar text (Under Win7/Vista)
Almost appears as if it were designed for translucency? The small white gradient is also gone from the menubar colour palette. Great looking theme still, though the authenticity feels a bit narrowed. Still using 1.1.2 here.
Thanks for the continued efforts. Your skins are probably the best, if not the only great browser themes left around ;)
Attachments
uVo4azU.jpg

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-07-26, 21:10

11ryanc wrote:Kempelton is excellent as usual. Curious as to why Aeromoon looks so different from 1.1.2 though? With tabs on top (I never use tabs this way, was only testing the theme), I've noticed a subtle white glow around the bookmarks and menubar text (Under Win7/Vista)
Almost appears as if it were designed for translucency? The small white gradient is also gone from the menubar colour palette. Great looking theme still, though the authenticity feels a bit narrowed. Still using 1.1.2 here.
Thanks for the continued efforts. Your skins are probably the best, if not the only great browser themes left around ;)
Thanks for spotting this, I'll look into it. :)

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2016-07-27, 22:19

JodyThornton wrote:Basically what I'd love is either is twin back/forward round blue buttons, or a smaller round forward button (like your Qute theme is set up). Is that possible?
These types of icons appear when in icons+text mode. You could enable this, then remove the text:

.toolbarbutton-1 > .toolbarbutton-text {
  display: none !important;
}
[/quote]

Yikes! No the icons are too far apart. I tired the no-un buttons plugin but no go. Thanks for your help though.
:(

hobbledehoy899

Unread post by hobbledehoy899 » 2016-07-27, 23:23

Lootyhoof wrote:XMoon has been updated to v1.3.0. This version makes some major changes to the titlebar area, to fix issues with the window titles. Users on Windows 7 and above using compositor mode (Win7: Aero, Win8+: default) will see the biggest change, as we now use a native-style titlebar:

As shown, those on Windows Classic/Aero Basic/any XP theme (i.e. non-compositor) system themes are largely unaffected, and still use the Mac style for the titlebar.

This release also fixes some issues with tab close buttons not showing correctly.

Enjoy! :)
Would it be possible to create a dark version of this theme?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-07-28, 09:08

Why? OS X which this is supposed to integrate and/or mimic with does not have dark themes..

Also, why would you ask if it is possible.. It is a theme.. which has images and css.. Of course it is possible.. But Ryan maintains 30+ themes.. Perhaps you can make a dark version based on this theme.. It isn't THAT complicated but it CAN be a bit time consuming.

Lootyhoof shouldn't be expected to do EVERYTHING and cater to every whim someone has when it comes to themes.. He has already done WAY MORE than any individual in the history of browser themes has EVER done.

I would say our current library of themes provides a fairly complete example for most possibilities out there.. It is now up to you guys to start making/porting themes to Pale Moon. We got you started.. Now you guys have to step up and create something new or bring some more of the 400 or so other themes ever made to Pale Moon.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-07-31, 22:07

Aeromoon has been updated to v1.2.1.

What's new?
- ensure Aero toolbar styling is applied consistently
- improve about: page in preparation for Tycho
Matt A Tobin wrote:Why? OS X which this is supposed to integrate and/or mimic with does not have dark themes..
Technically, OS X Yosemite and later do have a dark theme, though only the menu bar is dark.

hobbledehoy899 wrote:Would it be possible to create a dark version of this theme?
It's certainly possible, though I've no plans currently for this, sorry.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-04, 19:34

Just to re-iterate (in case people didn't see the note in the known issues page): Yes, I'm aware Tycho v27.0.0b1 has issues with themes. Yes, I'm making changes. Please be patient while I get the changes worked out. :)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-09, 19:28

All themes have been updated to support changes in Pale Moon 27. For detailed changelogs please visit the changelogs on GitHub.

These releases are available on the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site in addition to automatic updates. They will be added to GitHub soon.

Enjoy!