Firefox 28 theme for Pale Moon?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Channel 2012

Firefox 28 theme for Pale Moon?

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2014-12-18, 21:08

I was wondering if there is a way to export the old Firefox 28 default theme for use on Pale Moon. I liked the squared back/forward buttons a bit more. I tried exporting it with FEBE, but it wouldn't take. No matter how many times I told it to let me export the default theme, it would change the option back as soon as I exited the settings after saving my choices. Any ideas?

dark_moon

Re: Firefox 28 theme for Pale Moon?

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-12-18, 22:32

Did you take a look at https://userstyles.org ?

Channel 2012

Looking

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2014-12-19, 02:36

dark_moon wrote:Did you take a look at https://userstyles.org ?
I was not even aware of the site, there's really a lot of good stuff on there. I was not able to find the Firefox 28 default theme though, have you actually seen it on there before? I've tried relevant search terms, but there's a truly overwhelming amount of content to sift through.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-12-20, 00:00

I don't understand. What about the Firefox 28 theme makes it different to Pale Moon's, aside from Pale Moon's icons having colour?

(image not mine: pulled from quick Google search)

Channel 2012

Clarification

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2015-03-06, 22:05

Lootyhoof wrote:I don't understand. What about the Firefox 28 theme makes it different to Pale Moon's, aside from Pale Moon's icons having colour?

(image not mine: pulled from quick Google search)
When Firefox 28 was configured "normally" (that is, the way Pale Moon comes by default, with the tabs on the bottom), it looks different from the screenshot. The Back/forward buttons are square instead of round.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-06, 23:42

Pale Moon's default theme is different than Firefox's, but you can use userChrome.css to "square out" the buttons, e.g. with the following:

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

.toolbarbutton-icon {
  padding: 2px 6px !important;
  border-radius: 2.5px !important;
  border: 1 px solid !important;
  -moz-margin-start: 0px !important;
  clip-path: none !important;
}
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Channel 2012

Square

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2015-03-09, 13:31

Moonchild wrote:Pale Moon's default theme is different than Firefox's, but you can use userChrome.css to "square out" the buttons, e.g. with the following:

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

.toolbarbutton-icon {
  padding: 2px 6px !important;
  border-radius: 2.5px !important;
  border: 1 px solid !important;
  -moz-margin-start: 0px !important;
  clip-path: none !important;
}
Could you tell me where that file is? I searched everywhere in the program folder and couldn't find it.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-03-09, 18:23

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-09, 19:38

Keep in mind that my CSS code is also just an example - it's rather broad on class and may have some side effects.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Channel 2012

I'll have to try that

Unread post by Channel 2012 » 2015-03-12, 14:06

Moonchild wrote:Keep in mind that my CSS code is also just an example - it's rather broad on class and may have some side effects.
I will keep that in mind; thank you.