All Themes Tried are Not Compatible - need large Theme

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

paddle59

All Themes Tried are Not Compatible - need large Theme

Unread post by paddle59 » 2014-10-27, 03:26

Hi using ver 25.0.1 on Linux. I have very hi-res laptop screen and usual themes are too tiny to see. I have tried all the large themes I can and ALL are incompatible with Pale Moon - says incompatible with "Firefox 24".

Checking large icons in customize is useless still so tiny. I usually use Aeon Jumbo or Aeon Big, not compatible.

What do I do?

SvenG

Re: All Themes Tried are Not Compatible - need large Theme

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-10-27, 08:35

Did you check the older versions? According to these
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
version 6 (of both) is compatible with Firefox 24 and could work with Pale Moon.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-10-27, 11:06

I clicked on both of those links and for version 6 and this is what is stated:

Version 6 Released July 29, 2012 2.8 MB Works with Firefox 14.0 - 32.*

This version is only compatible with Firefox 29 and beyond if you use the Classic Theme Restorer extension.
Since Classic Theme Restorer is not available for Pale Moon, version 6 of this theme might not work.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-10-27, 11:37

Night Wing wrote:I clicked on both of those links and for version 6 and this is what is stated:

Version 6 Released July 29, 2012 2.8 MB Works with Firefox 14.0 - 32.*

This version is only compatible with Firefox 29 and beyond if you use the Classic Theme Restorer extension.
Since Classic Theme Restorer is not available for Pale Moon, version 6 of this theme might not work.
It's compatible with FF 14-28 and 29-32 with CTR, that's how I understand it. And that could work with PM which is close to FF 24.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-10-27, 21:09

I would also highly recommend the Theme and Font Size Changer add-on to be able to change all the font and icon sizes of any theme, including the default. Just in case you happened to feel like you were stuck using those themes forever and for eternity. :P