Different look with two profiles that have the same theme

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

xtal256
Moonbather
Moonbather

Different look with two profiles that have the same theme

Unread post by xtal256 » 2014-06-22, 00:55

Hi all,

I just switched from Firefox (which i stopped upgrading at version 14) to Pale Moon. The migration was quite simple, just copying the contents of the old profile directory to the new one.

I am using a my own custom theme, which is a mix of Firefox 1.5 and 3.0 themes.

When I migrated my profile on my home computer over to Pale Moon, I noticed that there were some problems with my theme, mainly with the look of the tab bar.

However, the profile on my work computer does not have these problems, despite having the exact same theme. I even tried replacing my home profile with my work one, and the theme looks fine. So the problem must exist in my home theme. But I don't know what could cause it, the two profiles are mostly the same, except for a few extensions.

[Window Detective] - Windows UI spy utility for programmers

SvenG

Re: Different look with two profiles that have the same them

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-06-22, 09:28

xtal256 wrote:the two profiles are mostly the same, except for a few extensions.
Maybe updates of the few extensions? I would first try to switch of those extensions that are different in both profiles and see what happens. If that does not solve the problem, it might be a different OS or OS version (exactly the same profile in Ubuntu looks completely different compared to Windows 7 HP).

xtal256
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by xtal256 » 2014-06-22, 10:08

The difference occurs even on the same OS. I also tried disabling most extensions, but that didn't help.

I should also point out that I have seen these problems before when I was using Firefox. I never found why the problem occurred, it just went away one day. And now it's back when I switched to Pale Moon. So I figure it's some weird and intermittent problem with one or more of my CSS rules.
[Window Detective] - Windows UI spy utility for programmers

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2014-06-22, 10:34

Have you tried restarting Pale Moon in safe mode to see if the problem still occurs?

Alternatively, I'd try creating a new profile then copy bits across from your old one one-at-a-time until PM breaks, then you'll know what the culprit is.