[Release] Kempelton Reloaded

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: [Theme Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.1

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-11, 18:20

We are very proud for this to be the first true Pale Moon Specific Add-on that is why it has the "coveted" pm-101 id (the pm-100 is the generic id) and many hats of thanks to Lootyhoof!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-10-11, 18:56

Thank you! :)

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-07, 03:20

Indeed one of the very best themes for a Mozilla-based browser, still using it to date. Hope to see more PM exclusives like this in the future.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Theme Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.3

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-30, 11:40

Version 4.4.3 has been pushed to GitHub.

What's new?
- Even further improved Persona compatibility! Active tab background now blends in nicely with the Persona, among other things.
- Kempelton Reloaded now supports the mixed padlock state, to be introduced in an upcoming Pale Moon version.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.3

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-03-30, 20:44

Lootyhoof, the theme makes it hard for me to see which tab I'm on, so can you shade in the other tabs to make the current tab stand out more. This would be great. All in all great job.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-30, 21:19

Could you give me an example? A screenshot, perhaps? Currently, persona or not, the active tab is in bold and is slightly lighter than the rest, to make it stand out more.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-03-30, 21:46

I don't have the problem, in Windows XP, of distinguishing the active tab, from the others. But, usually the distinguishing is done from differences in the intensity of the tab text, rather than from differences in tab shading or color. Differences vary considerably depending on what persona/light theme, if any, is in use.

When using a dark persona, the close buttons on the inactive tabs cannot be seen. This was also true for prior versions of Kempelton Reloaded. It's not a significant issue, because I can easily find the close button by hovering my mouse at the end of inactive tabs, or even just clicking the end of tab.
No persona
No persona
Light persona
Light persona
Dark persona
Dark persona

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-03-30, 23:25

Here you go, but it looks different on my PC. I think just darkening the background tabs will bring out the current active tab.
Attachments
tmp_IMG_20150330_1619361204120410.JPG
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-30, 23:38

That looks fine to me, personally. However, one thing you can do, is add the following to userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
#TabsToolbar {
  background-color: gray !important;
}
If you press the Windows key + R, then type %APPDATA% and click OK, then go to Moonchild Productions - Pale Moon - Profiles - [some stuff here].default, you'll see a bunch of stuff here. Make a new folder, called "chrome" (no apostrophes, lowercase) and make a file called userChrome.css in it, with the above information in it. Restart the browser.

Or, a simpler way: install Stylish, restart the browser. Open add-on manager, hit User Styles. Click Write New Style, and paste the above into it. Give it whatever name you want, hit Save.

Hope this is useful! :) Plus, if you want, you can change "gray" in the above to whatever colour you want.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-03-31, 00:29

Yeah from the screenshot it looks ok, but on my PC it's a bright khaki and kinda all blends in. Could it be the lighting on my monitor or like riiis said, "differences in the intensity of the tab text, rather than from differences in tab shading or color?" Hmmmm....... Well I'll try out your suggestion after I see if it's my monitors lighting or just certain sites I'm having a problem seeing. Thanks again and keep up the great work. :thumbup:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-03-31, 06:24

Everything is all good, I tried the work around.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-05, 15:14

Version 4.4.4 is out.

What's new?
We finally have doorhanger notifications! Now, Kempelton Reloaded looks as snazzy as ever. :wink:

Also, as you can see from the above, we now have a bright close button for when there's a dark persona in use.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.4

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-05, 17:12

The light theme does not paint the title bar in Kempelton Reloaded (all versions) in Atom/WinXP. Note the tab title is there, but hidden by the black Windows theme.
kempelton-lt.jpg
But the same light theme works fine in Noia Moon:
noiamoon-lt.jpg
Note that this same issue occurs in several other of the new themes, but not all.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-05, 17:22

Would you be able to apply the following and let me know if it solves the issue?

#titlebar:-moz-lwtheme {
  background: transparent !important;
}

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-05, 18:14

Lootyhoof wrote:Would you be able to apply the following and let me know if it solves the issue?

}
Just adding this code to my userContent.css did not solve the issue. But, I don't know enough about userscript to know if this was the correct place "to apply" this code, or if it was correctly done.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-05, 18:15

This has to be applied to userChrome.css, or as a Stylish script. :)

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-05, 18:42

Lootyhoof wrote:This has to be applied to userChrome.css, or as a Stylish script. :)
First tried applying this code with userChrome.css (no effect).
Next created a Stylish script containing only this code (also to no effect).

EDIT: Qute Large applies the light theme properly when tabs on top and window maximized. If the window is not maximized, the light theme does not show properly (the title bar is the black of the Windows Zune theme). Kempelton Reloaded shows a black title/tabbar regardless of whether the window is maximized or not maximized. On the other hand, Noia Moon always shows the light theme properly, whether or not the window is maximized.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-05, 20:04

Think I'm onto something now. Could you try this?

-moz-appearance: none !important;   
}

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-05, 20:43

Lootyhoof wrote:Think I'm onto something now. Could you try this?

}
Using this code in Stylish, no change.

Note, I tried a light theme with the Pale Moon Default theme, as well as the three themes in Pale Moon add-ons which were sent in by other developers. All four themes showed the identical light theme behavior, and the identical light theme behavior as Qute Large. On the other hand, like Noia Moon, PMChrome also paints the title bar with the light theme (albeit the tab titles are hidden in PMChrome). Overall, I prefer the Noia Moon/PMChrome light-theme behavior.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-05, 21:29

This, maybe?

background-image: none !important;
  background: none !important;
  border: 0 !important;