Release Notes Banner

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Tohuwabohuix

Re: Release Notes Banner

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2020-11-02, 22:41

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-11-02, 20:51
The day after Halloween is the day of the dead...
Off-topic:
Mexican:
Day of the Dead (Mexican multi-day holiday) on November 1st & 2nd
Western:
October 31st: Halloween
November 1st: All Saints' Day
November 2nd: All Souls' Day

Okay, proclaiming a "Fanatics Day" for the day after helloween doesn't seem like the best idea.
We could put it on April Fools' Day! Political-Correctness-fanatics fit in there :twisted:.

P.S.: I'm not against moderate PC but sure against a ridiculous fanatical one!

Tohuwabohuix

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2020-11-02, 23:43

MoonPower wrote:
2020-10-31, 06:07
The crosses in the banner aren't the kind found in graveyards...
What? Then you apparently only know the expensive cemeteries of the petty bourgeoisie.
Poor people's cemeteries often only have simple crosses. And this banner...

reminds me of "Scabb Island Cemetery" in "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge"

You absolutely have to visit that one fine day - entertaining and educational :shifty:

MoonPower

Unread post by MoonPower » 2020-11-05, 08:03

Moonchild wrote:
2020-11-02, 05:57
No, you merely heavily implied it in your original post, that it was "an odd mix", and argued that it didn't belong with Halloween but rather Easter... That looks like a complaint to me, but maybe I misunderstood the common phrasing used.
Does saying that something is "an odd mix" constitute a complaint? Or pointing out that a formation of three crosses suggests Easter more than Halloween? Such are observations and opinions. To my mind, a complaint would sound more like, "You got crosses in your Halloween banner! I hate that!!" A demand would look more like, "I DEMAND you remove those crosses!!" or some such. Nothing like that was in my posts on the subject, was it?

In any case, my apologies if I was unclear. It was never my intention to cause a kerfuffle, or attack you or anyone else. I won't post any more about it. (Or even visit this thread again.)

Thanks for your attention.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-05, 10:49

Please look up the definition of "imply" in a dictionary.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite