Personas revisited

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Nymnym

Personas revisited

Unread post by Nymnym » 2020-07-23, 11:50

I am new here and see I'm not alone with people wanting personas and the freedom to apply new "attire" to their FFox/PM as they wish.

Last year I was noodling around the web and to this day, I still apply old themes to Palemoon 28.11.
Right now will be also fiddling with Libre and Interlink.

I always just go to this page below, click the one I want to look at, apply. Done!

https://web.archive.org/web/20130501025 ... ox/themes/
======================

If you want to keep the image itself, when viewing the "add to firefox" page of the persona you want,
view source, look for.....
"https://addons.mozilla.org/_files/xxxxx ... xxxxxx.png"

https://addons.mozilla.org/_files/37770 ... flying.png
Put that in your browser, still comes up, and save the image.

======================
If you have some old favorites you want, better scurry over and grab them before mozilla notifies webarchive to redirect these too.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: ~~Personas revisited

Unread post by loxodont » 2020-07-24, 14:13

Nymnym wrote:
2020-07-23, 11:50
I always just go to this page below, click the one I want to look at, apply. Done!
Hello Nymnym and welcome to the forum!

As a new user you should know there is a more related subforum for Themes (and Personas...) here
viewforum.php?f=45
with a "NewTopic" button right below the subforum header for posting.

Also I wonder about loading Personas from that webarchive. Even visiting the Themes main site there is so incredible ultra slow I wouldn't come to the idea to apply any Themes from there.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: ηMatrix/eMatrix support thread

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-07-24, 14:47

Personas are fundamentally "Themes as a Service" .. Your browser only caches the current one in use (and maybe can pull others out of standard webcache) but if they are gone from their original source they are gone never the less.

This is why I despise them.. That and they helped kill true skinning.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2020-07-25, 16:33

Nymnym wrote:
2020-07-23, 11:50
I am new here and see I'm not alone with people wanting personas and the freedom to apply new "attire" to their FFox/PM as they wish.
I strongly second the suggestion that you learn to use the correct board, which in this case would have been that for themes, not extensions. (see 5-c)

Also, please do not add your posts to an existing thread whose subject matter is different from what you want to post about. (In this case, you plunked your totally unrelated posts into the middle of a dedicated support topic for the extension, eMatrix.)

Once in the correct board, you may add your posts to an existing thread if it has the same specific subject matter, and is currently active. Otherwise you should open a new topic (and use a carefully-thought-out descriptive title, see 5-b.)

You should familiarize yourself with the forum, including its structure/what-goes-where, before you make posts.
Attached is a screenshot of the top half of the forum's front page, with the themes subforum marked by a red arrow:
PMfm.png

Nymnym

Unread post by Nymnym » 2020-07-25, 20:47

Thank you both so much for the welvone and clarity.and a biggggg hiya to Matt...I still absolutely lovvvvvve Interlink. Has set me free from all the time wasted on TBird problems.

Yes I did a search for persona and theme and found them here and there here. So applied where it looks best. Feel free to move it. Being one of the crew that came up with PhpBB originally, its easy to do. Theres lotsa other posts that are under persona and theme (search) too.

Cant wait to get cozy here and help and learn.
Take care all!!
Nymnym

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Personas revisited

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-07-25, 21:53

Please call me Tobin.

Nymnym

Unread post by Nymnym » 2020-07-26, 14:15

Granted and Im just NYM 😊😊😊😊

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2020-07-28, 00:58

Please don't use those ugly, two-bit emoji things. We have board emoticons. Use those please. You can see them in the window when you're making your posts.

I'm glad that you found what you were looking for. We have a lot of dedicated themes and the like here.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Satai Delenn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Satai Delenn » 2020-07-28, 09:13

Tharthan wrote:
2020-07-28, 00:58
Please don't use those ugly, two-bit emoji things. We have board emoticons. Use those please. You can see them in the window when you're making your posts.
Oh wow, EMOTICONS! NOT those horrid emoji things! I thought they'd been long forgotten! :thumbup: :mrgreen: :D :lol: :wave: YAY!!!!!!!