Using Firefox Themes?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Satai Delenn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Using Firefox Themes?

Unread post by Satai Delenn » 2020-07-24, 08:21

I was just wondering if there was a way to install and use Firefox themes I like on Pale Moon? There's A LOT of themes there.

Thanks.

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Using Firefox Themes?

Unread post by Tharthan » 2020-07-24, 08:53

The Pale Moon team is going to be phasing out compatibility with (unmaintained) Firefox add-ons and themes that the Pale Moon team graciously offered temporary compatibility for for some years now. The team has actually already started the process. Please consider using Pale Moon-native themes if you would like to customise the look of your browser.

If you are talking about something regarding current Firefox, I don't think that it will work. Pale Moon and Firefox have been separate for a long time now, and both have developed in a distinctly different manner.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2020-07-24, 10:55

Out of curiosity, what themes are you trying to use?

Satai Delenn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Satai Delenn » 2020-07-24, 20:39

Lootyhoof wrote:
2020-07-24, 10:55
Out of curiosity, what themes are you trying to use?
Stuff like this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatictheme

This one is a particular favorite because it's animated:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2020-07-24, 21:25

The above themes and others like them, do not run on Pale Moon because they are exclusive to Firefox's platform and Pale Moon's platform is totally different from Firefox's. Like apples and oranges. Both fruits, but different.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Satai Delenn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Satai Delenn » 2020-07-24, 21:31

That's a shame. They're so pretty, and I'd love to use them here.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-07-25, 05:27

If you want basic 'personas' that simply replace the background, you can look on the archived version of Mozilla's theme site and install them here using Theme Tool. They are what Firefox currently uses but having changed over to WebExtensions, can't be directly installed here anyway.

Also, you won't be able to install 'complete' themes available at the link for reasons described above.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX