Firefox default theme for Palemoon Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Jalkhov
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Firefox default theme for Palemoon

Unread post by Jalkhov » 2020-01-27, 01:34

Since I met Palemoon I've been looking for a theme that is the same or similar to the one Firefox has by default, but I don't mean Quantum, to the previous versions, it would be the same theme that it has by default Basilisk, I was looking here in the theme section and I can't find it, because I honestly doubt that it doesn't exist. I will leave an image attached so that there are no losses. I must say that I found one that makes the attempt to look like it but I don't finish falling in love, it's Australium, it still lacks things to polish. Another thing, is there any way to change that about the eyelashes going under the markers? And that it looks like it usually does: Top of the tabs, in the middle the toolbar and below the markers, as well as in the image as well.
Attachments
2020-01-26 21_20_25-Basilisk Start Page - Basilisk.png
🧠 Learning...

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Firefox default theme for Palemoon

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2020-01-27, 08:34

Jalkhov wrote:
2020-01-27, 01:34
I must say that I found one that makes the attempt to look like it but I don't finish falling in love, it's Australium, it still lacks things to polish.
Care to explain where the problems are? I'm not against fixing things, you know.

Jalkhov
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Jalkhov » 2020-01-27, 10:45

Lootyhoof wrote:
2020-01-27, 08:34
Care to explain where the problems are? I'm not against fixing things, you know.
Attachments
I think that at first sight you can see the difference, I would say that the most notable is the position of the bars, as I said for me it would look better:<br />1. First the eyelashes.<br />2. Then the toolbar<br />3. And then the marker, from top to bottom.<br />As far as I can tell, it's something Palemoon has by default.<br />The &quot;back&quot; button is not merged with the url bar, at the same time the toolbar does not have the same color as the tabs, I mean, the tabs in the basilisk theme the color of these are merged with the toolbar.
I think that at first sight you can see the difference, I would say that the most notable is the position of the bars, as I said for me it would look better:
1. First the eyelashes.
2. Then the toolbar
3. And then the marker, from top to bottom.
As far as I can tell, it's something Palemoon has by default.
The "back" button is not merged with the url bar, at the same time the toolbar does not have the same color as the tabs, I mean, the tabs in the basilisk theme the color of these are merged with the toolbar.
It would be nice if you had the same settings panel
It would be nice if you had the same settings panel
When you pass the cursor over the &quot;+&quot; button, the color of it is different, it's even stronger than the one of the tab, in Basilisk it remains with that transparency as the background.
When you pass the cursor over the "+" button, the color of it is different, it's even stronger than the one of the tab, in Basilisk it remains with that transparency as the background.
2020-01-27 06_14_59-New Tab - Basilisk.png (6.63 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
As you can see in the Basilisk theme when a tab is active the color is stronger, while the others remain as transparent, in Australium no, the colors are almost the same, and well, a small serious detail that where the curvature ends is not completely attached to the bottom of the bar.
As you can see in the Basilisk theme when a tab is active the color is stronger, while the others remain as transparent, in Australium no, the colors are almost the same, and well, a small serious detail that where the curvature ends is not completely attached to the bottom of the bar.
In the new tab page it shows the search bar with the respective menu below, in Australium no, only the Palemoon Logo is shown.
In the new tab page it shows the search bar with the respective menu below, in Australium no, only the Palemoon Logo is shown.
The extensions that have drop-down menus in Australium look a little more extended.
The extensions that have drop-down menus in Australium look a little more extended.
2020-01-27 06_38_58-Add-ons Manager - Basilisk.png (8.71 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
🧠 Learning...

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2020-01-27, 10:57

There are solutions to some of these already:

Right click tab bar (not a tab) - select Tabs on Top:

It's not possible to recreate that settings menu in Pale Moon.

You can combine the urlbar by customising - like so:

This produces:

Please understand that themes can only style the browser itself, not add any specific functionality. If you want the FULL, unedited Australis experience I'd still recommend Basilisk, but for "close enough" (within possibility for Pale Moon) then Australium is fine. :thumbup:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-01-27, 11:18

Unless you want to write a companion extension that will further Australis-ize Pale Moon. But I will reserve judgement of such an abomination if it happens.. Wait. *rereads* DAMN IT!

Jalkhov
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Jalkhov » 2020-01-27, 23:13

Trying a particular extension I found something, this extension creates something like an additional bar, and a small disaster occurs with the order of the interface.
Attachments
In Basilisk it looks like this, and in Firefox (old) too, I know because I tried it, only now I don't have it installed. By default, the extension starts off, that is, all those elements are not shown, they are displayed by pressing the firefox icon that is at the top right, maybe I will attach a before to better appreciate the change. Everything is normal, the other bars don't move at all, everything is created below the marker bar.
In Basilisk it looks like this, and in Firefox (old) too, I know because I tried it, only now I don't have it installed. By default, the extension starts off, that is, all those elements are not shown, they are displayed by pressing the firefox icon that is at the top right, maybe I will attach a before to better appreciate the change. Everything is normal, the other bars don't move at all, everything is created below the marker bar.
Before you activate the extension.
Before you activate the extension.
In Palemoon this happens, the extension pushes the url bar and markers all the way down, and this is with the &quot;tabs on top&quot; option activated.
In Palemoon this happens, the extension pushes the url bar and markers all the way down, and this is with the "tabs on top" option activated.
This is how it looks with the &quot;tabs on top&quot; option turned off.
This is how it looks with the "tabs on top" option turned off.
🧠 Learning...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-01-27, 23:18

Jalkhov wrote:
2020-01-27, 23:13
Trying a particular extension I found something
That would be completely irrelevant here. Pale Moon's UI and Basilisk's UI are considerably different. That kind of compatibility would have to be solved by the extension author.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-01-27, 23:19

Remember this old adage: Pale Moon is not Firefox and never will be again. Same goes for Basilisk but 95% of Basilisk's application specific code sure will be pretty much Firefox 52 forever.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2020-01-27, 23:21

The better question for now though would be, does it happen in the default Pale Moon theme? And if so what extension is this?

Jalkhov
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Jalkhov » 2020-01-27, 23:35

Lootyhoof wrote:
2020-01-27, 23:21
The better question for now though would be, does it happen in the default Pale Moon theme? And if so what extension is this?
This is also the case with Palemoon's default theme. And because it's an extension for Pentesting, it's a version modified by me from a quite old extension, it's for personal use, not for distribution, to avoid problems.
🧠 Learning...

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2020-01-27, 23:40

I would say it's an issue with how it works with Pale Moon as a whole then; you'd be best using Basilisk for it.

Jalkhov
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Jalkhov » 2020-01-27, 23:44

Lootyhoof wrote:
2020-01-27, 23:40
I would say it's an issue with how it works with Pale Moon as a whole then; you'd be best using Basilisk for it.
I see, well it's a low price to say the truth, I'm still not finished falling in love with Basilisk, he still lacks certain polish, for now I'll keep the good Palemoon
🧠 Learning...

Jalkhov
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Jalkhov » 2020-01-27, 23:49

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-01-27, 23:19
Remember this old adage: Pale Moon is not Firefox and never will be again. Same goes for Basilisk but 95% of Basilisk's application specific code sure will be pretty much Firefox 52 forever.
Yes, the truth is that I'm a bit nostalgic and with how good the Palemoon project is going I'd like to take some things from the good Firefox 52, but anyway, it's a small price to pay.
🧠 Learning...

Jalkhov
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Jalkhov » 2020-01-27, 23:55

Moonchild wrote:
2020-01-27, 23:18
That would be completely irrelevant here. Pale Moon's UI and Basilisk's UI are considerably different. That kind of compatibility would have to be solved by the extension author.
Yeah, you're right, I'll have to modify the extension then. I just wanted to get out of the way if it was some kind of Palemoon configuration, but I'm becoming more and more convinced:
2020-01-27, 23:19
Pale Moon is not Firefox and never will be again.
🧠 Learning...

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-01-28, 00:31

Pale Moon is two words.

Jalkhov
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Jalkhov » 2020-01-28, 09:45

2020-01-28, 00:31