Where to find old Personas

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Marcus
Fanatic
Fanatic

Where to find old Personas

Unread post by Marcus » 2019-08-29, 10:23

Hi.
I just noticed Firefox erased the old Personas site and the new "Themes" don't install on Palemoon. 3 questions:
1 @Moonchild any chance of making the new web-extension themes installable on Palemoon?
2 Is there a site where some of the Personas .xpi were kept?
3 Where (in Xubuntu 18.04) are the themes .xpi stored so I can backup mine?

Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Where to find old Personas

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-08-29, 10:38

1. NO. We do NOT support web extensions of any kind.
2. Personas are a service, they don't come XPI packaged.
3. See [2]
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Marcus
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Marcus » 2019-08-29, 10:56

Thanks for the answers.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-09-01, 12:39

Prefer the original full themes any day, personas are just one image laid over the non page area. I've always had my Firefox, then Seamonkey and now PM and Interlink set to look like the Netscape of yore.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-09-01, 13:09

moonbat wrote:
2019-09-01, 12:39
Prefer the original full themes any day, personas are just one image laid over the non page area. I've always had my Firefox, then Seamonkey and now PM and Interlink set to look like the Netscape of yore.
Which version of firefox are you using.I take it you use moonscape in palemoon.?.I use moonscape and it's great for the older look.Pity ft deepdark cannot be installed on palemoon though.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-09-01, 13:40

Moonraker wrote:
2019-09-01, 13:09
Which version of firefox are you using.I take it you use moonscape in palemoon.?.I use moonscape and it's great for the older look.Pity ft deepdark cannot be installed on palemoon though.
Not anymore, I meant pre-Australis. Actually I shifted to Seamonkey around 2011-12 and was on it right upto the infamous XUL/XPCOM deprecation announcement. Found PM mentioned on that thread on the Mozilla site and was happy to find it already was offering 64-bit builds that Firefox got around to much later.
The irony is that I didn't like the original Netscape while it was around, preferring to use IE 4 and 5.5 (!!!) because I liked the desktop integration, ability to select extra components to add or not, and consistency with Windows UI. And yes, I use Moonscape. Right now I've changed over to the Mac OS like Xmoon just for a change, and well, because this is something present day Firefox can never do again. My other favorite is Past Modern Revisited, which is reminiscent of Netscape 6.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX