Ideas for themes

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

CharmCityCrab

Ideas for themes

Unread post by CharmCityCrab » 2019-05-31, 08:41

How about some "dark theme" variants of existing themes like Past Modern Revisited, Moonscape, and/or Photonic?

I know Pale Moon does have some dark themes, but none really fit the vibe of the themes mentioned above.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Ideas for themes

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-31, 08:52

Then make them.

Ryan shouldn't take on any more themes for Pale Moon, idc if he IS leader of the Add-ons Team. He isn't allowed to create any more unless it is one based off Netscape Fusion.

I have spoken.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-05-31, 18:19

The colour scheme of a theme is set up in the global and mozapps directories in the installer. If you wanted to give one of your favourite themes the colour scheme of Darkpitch, you could dump its global and mozapps directories into your chosen theme to replace its own.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-06-03, 22:29

CharmCityCrab wrote:
2019-05-31, 08:41
How about some "dark theme" variants of existing themes like Past Modern Revisited, Moonscape, and/or Photonic?
Perhaps you should try Compact Moon coupled with Compact Moon Options. With this you can get dark mode plus the icons of your choosing (though admittedly not the specific ones you mention) plus you can make the theme as compact (or not) as you like.
Goodydino wrote:
2019-05-31, 18:19
The colour scheme of a theme is set up in the global and mozapps directories in the installer. If you wanted to give one of your favourite themes the colour scheme of Darkpitch, you could dump its global and mozapps directories into your chosen theme to replace its own.
This doesn't work for everything, not least the main browser UI, which in many themes does its own styling in /browser.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-06-04, 17:40

What I was suggesting does not change the toolbar buttons, just the colour scheme. That switching global and mozapps trick worked for me with Modokimoon (Bloody Red colours), Moonscape (Toy Factory colours), Phoenity Rebirth (Glowy Wine colours), and Qute Large (Flaming Glow colours). I did end up doing a little patching in places to make some things easier to see.