Findbar checkboxes in some themes

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Findbar checkboxes in some themes

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-05-12, 20:34

In the themes where the checkboxes in the findbar are changing colour as well as behaving as normal, the "whole word" item does not change colour whereas the "match case" item does. Why was it left like that? I found it easy to update the findbar.css file to make both behave consistently.

Code: Select all

.findbar-entire-word:not([disabled])[checked="true"],
That was all that had to be added. I patched Darkpitch, Modokimoon, Noiamoon, and Qutelarge to fix the consistency. Presumably the other Qute themes would also need patching. With Noiamoon, I also had to modify dark.css. I imagine the other options for that theme would need patching as well, but I use only the dark theme option.
With the other themes that I use, both checkboxes behave like normal checkboxes, so I did not bother to patch those.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Findbar checkboxes in some themes

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-05-12, 20:48

Goodydino wrote:
2019-05-12, 20:34
Why was it left like that?
Probably because I didn't spot it? If it looks wrong, it probably is, there's no need to assume it's intentionally bad. ;)

I'll take a look at it.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-05-14, 20:13

Goodydino wrote:
2019-05-12, 20:34
In the themes where the checkboxes in the findbar are changing colour as well as behaving as normal, the "whole word" item does not change colour whereas the "match case" item does.
I've had a look at this, and don't see any issue, on any platform (Mac included). Do you have a screenshot?

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-05-15, 19:38

I do not have a screenshot of an anomaly because I already fixed those. I can show you what the fixed version looks like. The anomaly was with both checkboxes checked. The colours used in that case were different.
Attachments
Noiamoon
Noiamoon
Darkpitch
Darkpitch

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-05-15, 20:18

I don't understand, that behaviour is not expected nor have I found that personally. Those labels should not be highlighted like that.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-05-16, 19:06

For Modokimoon and Qute Large, I had hybridized them with colour schemes from a Firefox and a Thunderbird theme, so that was where the extra code for those items came from. (For SeaMonkey, I had to patch the findbar for all 9 themes.) With Darkpitch, I did not put in another colour scheme, and I cannot remember where I got that extra code. In Noiamoon, there is code in browser/nmoptions/dark.css to change the checked appearance of .findbar-highlight & .findbar-case-sensitive, but not for .findbar-entire-word.