Styling of suggestion listboxes Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

WintermuteX

Styling of suggestion listboxes

Unread post by WintermuteX » 2019-01-28, 12:48

I themed my Palemoon and I have a problem which drives me nuts: the suggestion listboxes show a white background and white text. :(
As an example I attached a screenshot. Does anyone happen to know the css-code needed in Stylem to fix this?
white background and white text in suggestion boxes
white background and white text in suggestion boxes

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Styling of suggestion listboxes

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-01-28, 13:33

Do you mean any listboxes or just the Google suggestions dropdown? I'd normally suggest the use of DOM Inspector to check what the ID of anything is (either web content or even browser UI). You can press shift then right click on something to open it in DOM Inspector, which shows you the ID and current styling.

As an example, the following would change the Google suggestions dropdown to have a red background (at least, based on what I can see):

Code: Select all

.sbct {
  background: red !important;
}
Off-topic:
As an aside, it isn't possible to export from Stylem unless you copy the styles out manually. It's not something I'd be opposed to, though.

WintermuteX

Re: Styling of suggestion listboxes

Unread post by WintermuteX » 2019-01-29, 05:07

It is about every suggestion to fill in textfields, I used the Google searchfield only as example, maybe it wasn't the best example. :) It would also be true for the searchbar at the top of PM or any html textfield on a site.
I will look into the DOM Inspector, I only tried the built in one, which isn't helpful in this case.
I would really love an export function in stylem, unfortunately my coding skills wouldn't help anyone. ;)

EDIT: Solved! Thank you for the DOM Inspector tip. I needed .autocomplete-tree like

Code: Select all

.autocomplete-tree {background-color: #303030 !important;}