Early Blue Theme

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Early Blue Theme

Unread post by nord1 » 2018-09-10, 15:58

The very first, yet unofficial, theme for Mozilla Suite, aka SeaMonkey, was Early Blue. It recently has been discontinued at SeaMonkey. Any possibility of resurrecting it for PaleMoon?

Tks,
Nick
-N-
Framework, Windows 11 Pro, Basilisk, Panda Dome, MalwareBytesPremium, Scotty is On Patrol

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Re: Early Blue Theme

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2018-09-11, 01:54

I've got a working port of this theme locally but I haven't had the time to update it for PM28.

I'll try updating it when I have free time.
Last edited by FranklinDM on 2018-09-11, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by nord1 » 2018-09-11, 03:35

FranklinDM wrote:I've got a working port of this theme locally but I haven't had the time to update it for PM28.

I'll try updating it when I have free time.
FranklinDM,

Very much appreciated. KaRio would be proud.

N
-N-
Framework, Windows 11 Pro, Basilisk, Panda Dome, MalwareBytesPremium, Scotty is On Patrol

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-09-11, 14:43

KaiRo accused all of us of stealing code.. Not that that makes any kind of logical sense seeing as the code is open source and everyone follows the MPL to the letter.. Or else.

Maybe it would be best to leave this theme in the bin.

Just make sure you check the licences.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-09-11, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by nord1 » 2018-09-11, 23:13

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:KaiRo accused all of us of stealing code.. Not that that makes any kind of logical sense seeing as the code is open source and everyone follows the MPL to the letter.. Or else.

Maybe it would be best to leave this theme in the bin.

New Tobin,

Let's not let old feuds spill over. Just sayin'

this from xpinstall: This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */

From install.rdf: <!-- Front End MetaData -->
<em:name>EarlyBlue</em:name>
<em:description>This theme reflects the early days of Mozilla (M4 to M8) and tries to restore the blue-styled look of like those early milestones in current SeaMonkey without cutting any functionality.</em:description>

If there is another place to look for a private license, let me know.

Nick
Last edited by nord1 on 2018-09-11, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
-N-

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-09-12, 01:06

nord1 wrote:Early Blue ... has been discontinued at SeaMonkey.
EarlyBlue 2.49 works fine on current versions of SeaMonkey and does not appear to be discontinued. Along with other SeaMonkey add-ons, it is listed at thunderbird.net (https://addons.thunderbird.net/seamonke ... earlyblue/). According to this link, Early Blue was released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1.

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by nord1 » 2018-09-12, 01:27

riiis wrote:
nord1 wrote:Early Blue ... has been discontinued at SeaMonkey.
EarlyBlue 2.49 works fine on current versions of SeaMonkey and does not appear to be discontinued. Along with other SeaMonkey add-ons, it is listed at thunderbird.net (https://addons.thunderbird.net/seamonke ... earlyblue/). According to this link, Early Blue was released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1.
I happen to personally know that it was not updated some time ago, round about the time 2.49 first came out. Perhaps that changed later on. (It was missing messagequotes.css). If that has been incorporated, good news indeed.

N
-N-

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-09-12, 20:06

If you can unarchive omni.ja, you can extract the messenger directory from it, take MessageQuotes.css, and add it to a third-party theme for SeaMonkey and it will fix the problem with Composer in the messaging area. I did that with all my SeaMonkey themes and they are fine now.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2018-09-13, 02:06

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Maybe it would be best to leave this theme in the bin.

Thanks for the reminder. Just to clarify, I'm using the EarlyBlue theme as a reference but I won't be using any code/resource from that theme in order to avoid problems in the future. (Seems that I might have to recreate the resources for the images like the NS9 theme)

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by nord1 » 2018-09-13, 13:25

Goodydino wrote:If you can unarchive omni.ja, you can extract the messenger directory from it, take MessageQuotes.css, and add it to a third-party theme for SeaMonkey and it will fix the problem with Composer in the messaging area. I did that with all my SeaMonkey themes and they are fine now.
Goodydino,

Right, I did the same. Nice.

N
-N-

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by nord1 » 2018-09-13, 13:27

FranklinDM wrote:
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Maybe it would be best to leave this theme in the bin.

Thanks for the reminder. Just to clarify, I'm using the EarlyBlue theme as a reference but I won't be using any code/resource from that theme in order to avoid problems in the future. (Seems that I might have to recreate the resources for the images like the NS9 theme)
FranklinDM,

Sounds like a plan.

Tks,

N
-N-