Problem qith Walnutty URL bar colors

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

uburoi

Problem qith Walnutty URL bar colors

Unread post by uburoi » 2018-08-29, 01:16

Hello, All --

Walnutty 1.3.0, Lootyhoof's fork of Alfred Kayser's Walnut for Firefox theme, is again giving me a problem I cannot resolve. I am using PM 28.0.1 on Win 8.1.

I found a Stylish User Style on the userstyles.org site titled "Change URL bar security colors," which changes the url bar colors based on a site's security level. It works exactly as intended on every theme I've tried on PM including the other three forks of Kayser's themes, Nauticalia, Little Moon and Micromoon. The only theme it does not work on is Walnutty.

Here is the CSS code for that user style:

#urlbar[level="high"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container
{
background-color: lightgreen !important;
}

#urlbar[level="low"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container
{
background-color: yellow !important;
}

#urlbar[level="broken"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container
{
background-color: red !important;
}

This works as intended with all themes except for Walnutty.

If someone can help me get this to work correctly, I will very greatly appreciate it.

Once again I thank you all for your help.

Take care.

Uburoi

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Problem qith Walnutty URL bar colors

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-08-29, 01:46

You can change the background of the identity box, at least, for secure pages. I did that by editing browser.css and using:

#identity-box.verifiedDomain{
background:powderblue !important;
color:black!important}

and

#identity-box.verifiedIdentity{
background:#c8ffc8 !important;
color:black!important}

uburoi

Unread post by uburoi » 2018-08-29, 22:12

Hi, Goodydino --

Thanks again for your help here with the Walnutty theme.Even with your fix Walnutty does not perform the way the other 3 Kayser theme forks do. However, I can now control the colors better, so that helps.

For some reason the Walnut theme seems to be unique. There seems to be something in it that makes it act differently from the other Kayser themes. It is frustrating, but certainly not the end of the world. Your fix has at least given me a little better control.

Thanks again for your help here. I really appreciate it.

All the best. Take care.

Uburoi

sp808

Unread post by sp808 » 2018-08-30, 11:20

Think that Walnutty is the best theme for PM!

Gorlash

Unread post by Gorlash » 2018-09-08, 14:20

sp808 wrote:Think that Walnutty is the best theme for PM!
I definitely agree on that sentiment!! In fact, Walnut/Walnutty has been my go-to theme on *all* FF variants for years now, ever since they successfully killed all the other creative themes.

The loss of traditional themes is a primary reason why I won't use the new FF Quantum (what I call FireChrome).