What is so different about devtools in Walnutty?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

What is so different about devtools in Walnutty?

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-08-18, 21:05

I noticed that Walnutty is the only theme recently updated that has a whole different devtools directory for PM 28. The rest are still using devtools in global. Why is that?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: What is so different about devtools in Walnutty?

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-08-18, 21:12

Walnutty, Nauticalia, LittleMoon and MicroMoon use their own devtools styling, which is in its own directory since that's needed to style them in 28.

The one in /global is for v27 compatibility. I'll probably remove that sooner or later though.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: What is so different about devtools in Walnutty?

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-08-19, 22:07

The more recently updated themes that I use are Aeromoon, Darkpitch, Modokimoon, Moonscape, Phoenity Rebirth, Qutelarge, Tangerinemoon, and Walnutty. The only one that has the extra devtools directory in the root is Walnutty (and the others derived from Alfred Kaiser's themes). Incidentally, the devtools originally in global did not work well for me. I found some of the text hard to read. When I replaced that directory with one from another theme and changed a few colours in dark-theme.css, I found everything much easier to read.
I suppose the problem is the background textures. Replacing devtools gets rid of most of those, except for the tabs. Put black text on those, and everything is easier to read.