Field data labels in identity popup Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Field data labels in identity popup

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-01-19, 18:56

In the popup that appears when you click the identity box, the field data labels are the same colour as the background, so are invisible. The field data itself is visible, but I could not see any way to change the colour of the labels. Where is that set up?

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Field data labels in identity popup

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-01-21, 20:27

What are #identity-popup-container, and .identity-popup-label in a theme? They do not seem to affect the background or the text colour of the field labels in the identity popup box.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2018-01-21, 21:44

If I am not mistaken, .identity-popup-label changes only the color of the ones highlighted in red, .identity-popup-description only changes the color of the ones highlighted in blue, #identity-popup-content-box changes the color of the ones highlighted in black, and lastly, #identity-popup-container changes the color of the whole popup (highlighted in pink).
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (17.86 KiB) Viewed 806 times
You may also want to check if the selector of the parent object defines a color property (you can use DOM Inspector for this, I think).
Last edited by FranklinDM on 2018-01-22, 07:22, edited 2 times in total.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-01-22, 03:56

I can confirm that DOM Inspector is super helpful. I use it in combination with Element Inspector. In the right panel, you can use the dropdown to see CSS rules of the selected element (and where they come from, and if they're !important), and you can even Ctrl+F to search for elements by ID, tag type, or non-ID attribute.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-01-22, 19:47

I cannot select anything in the identity popup. It disappears as soon as the main window loses focus. In order to select anything for DOM Inspector, I have to click the button in the upper left corner of its window. When I go back to the main browser window, I have to click the identity box in the urlbar again, and that is what is selected for examination in DOM Inspector.
With the Inspector in Devtools, it displays elements in content, not interface.
Last edited by Goodydino on 2018-01-22, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-01-22, 19:57

With Element Inspector, you should be able to open the identity popup, shift+right-click on an element, and see its properties. As you say, when the window loses focus, the popup disappears, but you can still see the elements in the DOM Inspector window, and with a screenshot reference or something, you can probably work out what's what. Or, you could take FranklinDM's word on what everything is. I hope this helps! :D

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-01-22, 20:40

Okay, I finally managed to fix the problem I was having. I had changed the version number of the theme I am working on, and for some reason the older version was still installed and was interfering. Thanks for all the suggestions. Element Inspector works like a charm.
Last edited by Goodydino on 2018-01-22, 22:43, edited 2 times in total.