Older version of AUSTRALIUM that works with XP? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

semicodin

Older version of AUSTRALIUM that works with XP?

Unread post by semicodin » 2017-12-01, 21:54

Since the AUSTRALIUM Theme is incompatible with Windows XP is there an older version that is? I'm looking for the old Australis-styled curved tabs. Thanks.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Older version of AUSTRALIUM that works with XP?

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-12-01, 22:06

I'm assuming you're saying it's not working with XP because you're on an older version of Pale Moon than what the current version of Australium supports. Go to the page that you linked to, click on "Show all..." under "Previous Releases" on the right side of the screen, and find a version of the theme that matches your version of Pale Moon.

If you've already done that and the theme still doesn't work on XP, then we'll need Lootyhoof to chime in on that.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

semicodin

Unread post by semicodin » 2017-12-01, 22:13

Nigaikaze wrote:I'm assuming you're saying it's not working with XP because you're on an older version of Pale Moon than what the current version of Australium supports.
It's ... on an older version of Pale Moon Windows than what the current version of Australium supports. This release is backward compatible to the Vista OS, but not earlier (so, not XP). And it's taken me forever to hunt down those curved tabs. :think:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-12-01, 22:22

So...what version of Pale Moon are you using?

Australium only supports Windows XP insomuch as Pale Moon itself does officially. As such, the latest Australium that works with official Pale Moon releases on Windows XP is 2.2.1, which you can find on the page you linked.

If you're using some other means of using a later Pale Moon version on Windows XP, I don't officially support it, but it may work I guess. It would probably look OK in the Classic theme, not sure about any others though.

semicodin

Unread post by semicodin » 2017-12-01, 22:57

Hi Looty when I check for newer Pale Moon releases it reports that my version 26.3.3 is "uptodate"

Edit:
Reminds me.
Where is the actual link to the Australium XPI file? because I can't even view it to try out, the bot shuts me down.

semicodin

Unread post by semicodin » 2017-12-01, 23:24

Got it! Oh mannnn have I missed those retro tabs. I just hate the squared styles. The only reason I was able to locate the .XPI was because I did some deep googling and found this thread with a direct link for Australium version 2.0.0b1.

semicodin

Unread post by semicodin » 2017-12-01, 23:59

Here is the error when I attempted to install Australium version 4.0.1. That download link should work. I have no idea how Australis got in there. :lol:
AUSTRALIUM ERROR.png

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-12-02, 00:17

semicodin wrote:when I check for newer Pale Moon releases it reports that my version 26.3.3 is "uptodate"
Actually, the most recent version of Pale Moon that ran on XP was 26.5.0, released in September of 2016. You should be able to find that via the FTP link on this page:

http://www.palemoon.org/archived.shtml

26.5.0 has a number of things fixed since 26.3.3.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

semicodin

Unread post by semicodin » 2017-12-02, 16:38

Nigaikaze wrote:Actually, the most recent version of Pale Moon that ran on XP was 26.5.0, released in September of 2016. 26.5.0 has a number of things fixed since 26.3.3.
Thank you Nigaikaze! Works perfectly. :clap: