bottom-border for nav-bar only when TabsToolbar is hidden Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

tsundoku

bottom-border for nav-bar only when TabsToolbar is hidden

Unread post by tsundoku » 2017-11-29, 19:47

I recently decided to try out Pale Moon and I'm very pleased with it, so as part of settling in I am working on a few minor userChrome.css tweaks. One thing I am interested in doing is adding a border-bottom property to nav-bar only when the tab bar is hidden. I added a border to the tab bar, but when there are no tabs, nav-bar is the last item and there is no border, which looks awkward and inconsistent with other UI elements. See:
navborder.png
navborder.png (31.18 KiB) Viewed 640 times
I don't want a border between nav-bar and TabsToolbar, so a persistent bottom-border for nav-bar will not work. Is this possible, or perhaps something else with the same effect, like adding an independent 1px item to the bottom of the toolbar stack? I tried to search for some clues as to how to do something like this, but my results are completely swamped with questions about how to hide the tab bar and I was unable to find anything.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: bottom-border for nav-bar only when TabsToolbar is hidden

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-11-30, 20:46

You could try adding a bottom border for #navigator-toolbox instead of #TabsToolbar.

tsundoku

Re: bottom-border for nav-bar only when TabsToolbar is hidden

Unread post by tsundoku » 2017-12-01, 01:47

That is what I was looking for. Thank you!