BlackFox V2 - Updating Palemoon

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

mades

BlackFox V2 - Updating Palemoon

Unread post by mades » 2017-10-27, 18:32

When using the BlackFox V2 theme, for some reason, the updating dialogue when I am prompted to update Palemoon is massive, I mean massive. My screen is 27 inches in width, so the fact that the dialogue box is way bigger than my screen makes no sense, and lets you know just how big the dialogue box is lol. Anyone having issues with the dialogue box appear way bigger than it should? Is there any CSS I could use to change the width of that box?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: BlackFox V2 - Updating Palemoon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-28, 00:38

Maybe you shouldn't be trying to use a theme for a different application on Pale Moon. It likely needs to be adjusted for Pale Moon use.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

mades

Unread post by mades » 2017-10-28, 02:02

lol, not gonna happen. I love your browser. Favourite one hands down, but I am not the biggest fan of the default theme. This goes for any browser - I am very particular, and when something I love either changes or isn't exactly to my 100% liking, I make sure I change it to the best of my abilities, for my liking.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-30, 20:29

You do realize we have a good number of Pale Moon specific themes, right? Including dark themes. https://addons.palemoon.org/themes/

If you insist on continuing to use this particular theme, then you'll have to deal with the fact that not everything may work as expected. We can't provide support for third-party theme incompatibilities.

That being said, the author does list Pale Moon compatibility in BlackFox v2, but note:
For Pale Moon please use version 2.5.0
If you have issues with that particular version as well, then you should contact the BlackFox v2 theme author -- they'll need to fix this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

mades

Unread post by mades » 2017-10-31, 16:58

Indeed, I am aware. As I said, I am very particular about the themes I use - yes, I tried most of them. I modified the theme already, and once I get a popup for this particular issue, I will have to attempt to fix the CSS. I already contacted him about something else in the past, but he never responded, so I won't bother trying that again. What's the point of emailing someone if he won't answer anyhow?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-31, 17:03

Well there's not much we can do about it either. It's his theme.

mades

Unread post by mades » 2017-10-31, 18:02

That's not true lol, I have been "fixing" whatever issue I had with it so far, except for this current issue. As long as there's me trying to "fix" it, there's someone :D