BlackFox V2 - Status Bar Not Appearing Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

mades

BlackFox V2 - Status Bar Not Appearing

Unread post by mades » 2017-10-27, 18:29

I am using BlackFox V2, and I was wondering if I am the only person this has happened to. The status bar doesn't show up. Is there any css I can use to make it appear? I tried the default theme, and had no issues, the status bar appears, so I know it's an issue related to the BlackFox V2 theme.

Thehandyman1957

Re: BlackFox V2 - Status Bar Not Appearing

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-10-28, 03:31

Sadly, your going to have a hard time finding any sort of support for a theme that does not actually work here with PM.

Now don't get me wrong, I completely understand your desire to have your browser look and feel the way you love
and I would be the last person to say anything contrary, as I am the same way.

Have you tried any of the themes here at PM?
I actually use several different add-on's to make PM to my liking and though it takes a bit more work
it's totally worth it.

Your other option is to try to contact the add-on developer and see if he or she is willing to support PM.
The more the word gets out that folks are moving over to PM and would like to see their stuff here, the better
PM will get. ;)

mades

Unread post by mades » 2017-10-28, 04:25

Last edited by mades on 2017-10-28, 06:09, edited 2 times in total.

mades

Unread post by mades » 2017-10-28, 05:20

Indeed I have. I don't like any of them if I can perfectly honest, and I mean no disrespect to Lootyhoof, as I know the hard work he placed in creating those themes alongside a few other contributors. As for the BlackFox theme, I had to to modify the files to make it to my liking. As for the author, he does support Palemoon. Zigboom created LavaFox, a variant of BlackFox. Which by default would mean that BlackFox should most likely be in the theme section here as well (not sure why it's not). I will have to find a solution and style it using the Stylish extension.

I worked on finding a solution, and this is the best I can do. I wish I could turn it off by right clicking and unchecking "status bar", but whatever. For now, this is the best solution I can come up with:

Code: Select all

@import url("chrome://global/skin/");

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
@namespace html url("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml");

#addon-bar{
  visibility: visible;
  height:30px;
}

#abp-toolbarbutton{
  padding-top:4px;
  padding-bottom:2px;
}

#status4evar-status-text{
  display:none;
}