Incorporating light themes/personas into Palemoon

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

galaxysurfer
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Incorporating light themes/personas into Palemoon

Unread post by galaxysurfer » 2017-10-25, 01:16

How can I add/change background look of Palemoon themes? I haven't been able to get them customized in windows 10. I have however in my linuxmint version of browser. I think that was more to do with inherited settings from before an update. I guess easiest fix is to play musical profiles. I would prefer a more permanent fix.

Thehandyman1957

Re: Incorporating light themes/personas into Palemoon

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-10-25, 02:08

Have you tried Persona Switcher 2.0.4.1-signed?

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-26, 08:14

galaxysurfer wrote:How can I add/change background look of Palemoon themes? I haven't been able to get them customized in windows 10.

I have also noticed that at least in Linux, to get the previews to work on the (Lightweight) Themes page at Mozilla, you have to install Lootyhoof's Theme Compatibility Provider.
Also install Persona Switcher .
Thehandyman1957 wrote:Have you tried Persona Switcher 2.0.4.1-signed?
Actually, the latest version for Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, and older Firefox is 3.0.4 .
Developer is self-hosting here: https://github.com/drsjb80/personaswitc ... m%2Btb.xpi
Right-click on the link above, and select "Save Link As..." (and save it somewhere!)
Then use Add-ons Manager to install it from the file. (If you don't know how to do that, post here.)

I think I have written the developer to ask him to host it at Pale Moons add-ons site, but got no response. Maybe someone else could try writing him...
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-26, 19:23

Wow. I really messed up that post. :crazy:

What I was trying to say is you probably need:
  1. Theme Compatibility Provider by Lootyhoof to make the Lightweight Themes section show the previews correctly. (Without it, hovering over the persona will not preview it on my browser.)
  2. Persona Switcher, as handyman1957 suggested but version 3.0.4 which the developer is self-hosting. It won't install automatically; you have to right-click the link to save to disk and then use Add-ons Manager to install it. It actually works a little better than the 2.x series. And it gives you the Blessed Blue Dot
I hope someone else can convince him to host PS 3.0.4 at the Pale Moons Site; I have heard no response.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-10-27, 02:50

Thank you for both of those gracious1. :thumbup:

Any idea what has been updated in Persona Switcher?

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-27, 20:18

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Thank you for both of those gracious1. :thumbup:
You're welcome. We aim to please. ;)
Thehandyman1957 wrote:Any idea what has been updated in Persona Switcher?
Well I found this conversation between Lootyhoof and the delevoper of PS.
Looks like 3.x is bootstrap, whereas 2.x was just plain XUL/overlay. I have noticed that the menu entry in the Menu Bar has changed from PSwitcher to Persona Switcher. In both versions, I still have the person sometimes switching to the next one down on the list for inexplicable reasons, but I see it less often in the 3.x version.

It also sounds like the XUL version may not get any more changes, while the bootstrap will continue to be updated, but that is just what I infer.

And even better news: it seems that Steve Beaty is interested in hosting at our add-ons site; he's just been swamped at work!!

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-10-28, 01:54

Very informative, thank you. Glad to hear more are coming our way. :thumbup: