Theme hides tab close button

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Mom-Kat

Theme hides tab close button

Unread post by Mom-Kat » 2017-10-02, 00:09

I love my theme, but it hides the 'close tab button' on my tabs. The space is there, and the function is there, but the 'X' button is not. It's not a deal breaker, but it IS a mite annoying - and I HAVE contacted the dev but have no answer for weeks. Would any kind soul have any notion of how to fix it, or what value in the .css might be causing the problem?
Last edited by Mom-Kat on 2017-10-02, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Theme hides tab close button

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-02, 01:03

Mom-Kat wrote:I love my theme, but it hides the 'close tab button' on my tabs.…Would any kind soulny notion of how to fix it, or what value in the .css might be causing the problem?
Which theme is it?
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Mom-Kat

Unread post by Mom-Kat » 2017-10-02, 01:18

It's Red Cats, blue flavor 6.0.0. It seems it has some other compatibility quirks as well. I'm pretty much resigned to not having it. But I would LOVE to see a Pale Moon specific theme with cat icons. If trying to code didn't give me a headache I might give it a try.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-27, 00:46

Mom-Kat wrote:It's Red Cats, blue flavor 6.0.0.
Hello, Mom-Kat! Sorry for the delay in the response!
I found that it is better to use Red Cats (blue flavor) 5.8.0 with Pale Moon 27. It works much better then 6.0.0 .
You can see the close buttons on the tabs:
(Click this thumbnail image above to see a larger picture in which the close tab buttons are clearly visible.)

Be sure also to install Theme Compatibility Provider. It fixes other issues with themes not directly targetted for Pale Moon.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀